Print

Author Topic: (insert adjective here) stories  (Read 86408 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2003, 08:55:48 PM »
Whoops. I thought this was a different thread. This *is* the correct place.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2003, 09:18:57 PM »
And....?

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2003, 11:12:35 PM »
[Editor's Note: "Dukar" is properly pronounced DOO-ker. Thank you.]

The Story Of Dukar

It all started at the 2002 Montana Class ABC Speech & Debate State Tournament. It was in Havre that year. I was sitting around between rounds with my best friend (also my partner in my event, Policy Debate) and two other really good friends of mine (partners in Policy, also). One of them spontaneously said, "Man, I gotta take a DUKAR!" I assume this derived from the word "dookie," as in a poop. One of the others said, "Did you just say...DUKAR?" All four of us thought this was absolutely hilarious and laughed for about five minutes. We then proceeded to say every quote we possibly knew, inserting the word "dukar" into strategic spots. Example: One small step for dukar; one large step for dukarkind. We even created the Theory of Dukartivity to explain why we lost whenever my partner had to take a dukar during the round but couldn't due to the obvious fact that we were kind of busy debating.

After we lost out, but still had to hang around, we engaged in some great childish pranks. We went into a large school bathroom. One of us went into one stall, one of us went into another stall on the other side, and the other two stood at the sinks, pretending to wash their hands. When a patron came in to do something, a sinkman would signal by coughing. This prompted one of us in the stalls to say, "Dukar1 to Dukar2! What is your dukar status?" The other replied something like, "Status is nominal, Dukar1. 34% roughage." Needless to say, it was great!

Time passed. Dukar quickly spread around the school, eventually jumping to other schools and to the general public. It soon became useable as any part of speech. The most common uses are phrases like:

What the dukar?

You're a dukar!

I've got to take a dukar.

Dukar!

That's dukar.

I dukared twice yesterday.

Moms. Dads. Little kids. They've all been heard to use dukar.

When the Fantasy Sports craze started and a bunch of friends and I started participating in many Private Leagues, a problem came up in our postings. Since we all wrote a lot on our league message board, we had to put "dukar" down in print. The good spellers among us all assumed it to be spelled "dooker." My spelling challenged friend (debate partner from above), however, started spelling it "dukar." He was one of the lead proponents of dukar and convinced one of the other debaters (from above) to also spell it that way. They said it was the Old English spelling; that's why it didn't look like "dooker." With two Dukar Founders advocating the "dukar" proposal, it quickly became the standard in dukar lithography.

Dukar

The Word. The Legend. The Phenomenon.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2003, 10:21:41 AM »
Oh great...another thing I wish I didnt ask LD about....Well Im about to ask yet another question that I probably will wish I never asked....who where you? Dukar1 or Dukar2?
If youll excuse me please..I got to take a dukar...and after that bring down more baby kittens...blasted cats....

BTW "Its not the berries" means: It isnt the greatest thing...
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2003, 10:54:02 AM »
Dukar

I don't believe I need to say anything.

Edited by - Black Mage on 7/18/2003 9:54:19 AM

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2003, 11:35:49 AM »
Ah, Dukar Limited. Yes, we found it long ago.

And I was Dukar1.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2003, 02:14:02 PM »
Here's a story:
    When I was seven, I went to my friend John's house for the first time.  He has an older brother named Bill and a little sister named Stefanie.  That's when John told me that his little sister had a crush on me, and she was four!  Now she's ten and doesn't anymore, Thank God.

Lizard Dude, how old are you?

Act your age, not your I.Q.  Wait, what''s the difference?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2003, 02:40:10 PM »
I'd say the adjective for that story is "boring."

And why does everyone ask how old I am? Maybe I should grow a beard or something...

I am eighteen.

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2003, 08:55:44 PM »
well yesterday we had this teacher from america with the accent to teach us in science & maths.We were cleaning out the special school because our school got 8 rooms to use there.When the teacher went to get a bin to chuck the rubbish in,this kid had a Fanta & didnt want it so he asked if i wanted it,i said no.So what he did is throw it outside,it flew & hit a Land Rover,theres a dint in it now.And also all the kids were looking out the door to see if the teacher was coming,when he was coming this kid ran from the door & screamed so loud it made nearly everyone laugh.
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2003, 09:02:34 PM »
That story is better. What is a Fanta?

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2003, 09:57:26 AM »
Ah, yes. I just remembered a funny story involving my good friend and my science teacher:

Well, my friend is one of those people who doesn't like to be pushed, and my science teacher (she has bug eyes, horse teeth, and skin like parchment) loves to bully kids around. But I never saw this coming. Okay, for homework, my science teacher made us do an outline and a chart about minerals. My friend (his name is Ricky) put his chart on his outline. This is what happened:

Ricky: And here's my homework.
Teacher: Where's your chart?
Ricky: It's on the outline.
Teacher: You were supposed to put it on another piece of paper.
Ricky: But it's right here.
Teacher *starts to walk away* Then I can't give you full credit for this.
Ricky: You better.
*Teacher stops and turns around*
Teacher: Sir, are you threatening me.
Ricky:*sarcastically* No, really?
Rob(me): *short, stifled, uneasy chuckle*
Teacher: Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to go to the principal's office.
Ricky: No.
*Teacher walks toward Ricky*
*Ricky picks up Rob's pair of scissors*
*Teacher takes away Rob's scissors*
Teacher: Give me those.
*Ricky walks over to Teacher's desk*
*Ricky takes Teacher's stapler*
*Teacher walks out of room, furious*
*Class bursts out into laughter*
*Teacher comes back, with 8th grde teacher and 3rd grade teacher*

8th Grade teacher: Ricky, you'll have to go see the principal now.
Ricky: Fine, but I'm taking this with me as evidence. *picks up chart from Teacher's desk*
Teacher: Oh, no you don't.
Ricky Oh, yes I do.
*Ricky and Teacher begin to phisically wrestle for the paper, paper rips in two*
*Other teachers break up fight, Ricky goes to Principal's office*

...And so ends the school legend of Ricky in science class. Ironically, after all that, Ricky only got one day of detention, and I got my scissors back.

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2003, 10:56:36 AM »
Besides MN#1 and me, you win the story contest.

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2003, 06:41:33 PM »
A Fanta is orange fizzy drink in a a weirdly shaped bottle,i feel sick if i drink lots of bottles of it.
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2003, 06:49:47 PM »
It seems that I might have discredited my dad a little bit...The guys name IS Dave...however he goes by Mario..Ya see my dad told Mario where we lived...which is also his home town...and everybody in town knows him as Dave...however..everybody at Lowes only knows him as Mario...He actually was a real plumber and he said that at one time or another he was refered to as "that guy who looks like Mario" The nickname stuck and he now goes by it..so if you ever stop by Lowes in Billings...stop in the Plumbing department and ask Mario about the "Nintendo cartridge in the toilet story" He'll know what you mean...Tell him a friend of yours whos parents bought a swampcooler from him told you...he'll know...;P

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2003, 02:37:11 PM »
Umm...okay...
ROTFL, Big Boo. ;D That sounds like something my brother would do... Oh! I have SEVERAL stories just like that about him. I'll tell them later. But now... My Vacation to Myrtle Beach...

Crud. My mom's kicking me off now. Go fig. I'll tell it when I get back...

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print