Print

Author Topic: The Super Mario Saga  (Read 12972 times)

« on: November 07, 2003, 02:52:37 PM »
Hey all! Sorry for such a sudden departure from the forums, but I have some good news!
The Northmor High School football season is over, and now my Fridays are free. Plus, I had to really work to keep my grades at a suitable average.(Don't worry- I have a C average.) What this has to do with this post? Absolutely nothing! Here's the deal- I have to have a journal of some sorts for English class. I thought, "Hey! Why not write a story for it?" This is the end result. Lemme set the stage for you: Mario and Luigi are living in Brooklyn, NY, and the Mushroom Kingdom's under attack by the Koopas. You'll just have to read the story to find out how this goes! HA HA HA!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 03:05:50 PM »
Dude, you posted 10 of these!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 03:59:11 PM »
Wow. THis proves that someone here actually does have even less of a life than most of us here.

------------------------------
 I am Meowrik, the 5th Samurai Pizza Cat. My trusty Jalapeno Katana along with my Chili Claws will prove my might!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 03:59:12 PM »
Wow. THis proves that someone here actually does have even less of a life than most of us here.

------------------------------
 I am Meowrik, the 5th Samurai Pizza Cat. My trusty Jalapeno Katana along with my Chili Claws will prove my might!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 04:04:12 PM »
I agree, responding to a topic you think is dumb is a definite sign of lack of life.

Edited by - Markio on 11/7/2003 2:10:32 PM

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 07:50:48 PM »
Sorry for not actually posting the story! Here we go!

Chapter One - Awakening of Superstars
------------------

As the sunlight filtered in through the blinds, a low tone buzzed in the air. The alarm clock.
"7:00 AM! Rise and shine!"
Always the early riser, Luigi was first to awaken. He stepped from the bottom bunk, and looked at the sleeping lump that was his brother.

"Mario."

"Uh..?"

"Wake up."

"Uhh..."

Luigi became impatient.

"Mario!"

Mario rolled over.

"Not now... I don't wanna go to school!"

Luigi sighed.

"We're not going to school, stupid. Just get up."

The day had started as always. Luigi had fixed breakfast for the two and had already eaten by the time Mario shuffled down the hall.

"Good morning, Mario!"

"What's so good about it."

Luigi frowned.

"Coffee's on the counter. Maybe after you have some, you'll be more sociable."

Mario ignored his brother's remark. He sat down at the table and ate his breakfast silently. He then headed toward the bathroom to brush his teeth.

"New record, Mario!"

Mario turned, his mouth full of toothpaste.

"Huh? Whadda you mean?"

Luigi pointed at his watch.

"You've only been up for an hour, and you're almost ready!"

"Shut up."

"But, you're still taking too long. If you don't hurry, we'll miss this job, too!"

Mario finished brushing his teeth. Walking briskly, he waved to Luigi, and walked out the door. The plumbers walked down the stairs and out the front door, to where their plumbers van was parked. Luigi noticed a slip of paper under the windshield wiper.

"Crud, another parking ticket! Mario, you know they have a parking lot across the street! Just park there!"

"Jeeze, I'm sorry! I'll remember next time, I swear."

--------------------

What do you think? This is my first real fan fiction, and I hope I'm doing all right...

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 9:56:57 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 08:49:41 PM »
Sofar, so good.

What I just said was probably sarcastic.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 10:06:18 PM »
Or misspelled. Anyhoo, Chapter 2 and 3 are due for the weekend, so stay tuned.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »
Chapter 2 - Work
------------------

Luigi, who was driving, was silent. Mario wasn't sure where their plumbing services were needed. He slouched in his seat a little, and tried to go back to sleep. Just as he was about to fall asleep, Luigi turned on the radio. The station, which Mario had left it on was booming one of the loudest songs they had.

"Jeez! Turn it off!! I'm tryin' to sleep!"

Luigi stirred.

"Sorry, but if you aren't gonna talk to me, I'm gonna listen to the radio."

Mario sat up

"Geeze..of all the luck..."

Again the two were silent.

"So.... Where's the job at?"

"Downtown. The old fortune telling shop."

"They must have know it was going to happen."

They both laughed at his joke.

"I'm just surprised they didn't call any one else. Including Scapelli.(From Super Mario Bros: The Movie. The rival plumbers who heckled Daisy and her archeologists.) Maybe it's just me, but I think they're trying to run us outta business. It's almost like fate."

They neared the fortune shop. A Scapelli plumbing van was nowhere in sight.

"We're in the clear," Mario said "there's no sign of Scapelli! Let me out here."

Luigi slowed, and Mario hopped out. Through Mario's rotund shape, no would've guessed he was the best long jumper during his high school days. He landed gracefully, and walked to the back of their van. He opened the doors, and grabbed his and Luigi's tool belt. Luigi was staring at the old building. It was old and dilapidated. He shuddered.

"I'd hate to see their plumbing system."

Mario approached the door. Not seeing an "open" or "closed" sign, he knocked on the door. Slowly, it opened.

"Okee-dokee.. that's very creepy..."

"Oh, grow up. Let's just go inside."

A lone table sat in the middle of the room. On it was a crstal ball. A small figure appeared from behind it. A woman.

"Hello. Welcome. I am Madam Soothsayer, the owner of this shop. I know you are wondering what the problem is. I'm not sure myself."

"Why not?" Mario piped in, "You're a fortune teller right?"

"I tell fortunes, yes. But I am no plumber. That's why I called you two here. Before you go to fix the pipes, I want to read your palms."
"Sure, it's always great to go into the workplace in a humored mood."

"Sit down. You first. Luigi, correct. Let me see your palm."

She gazed at Luigi's palm.

"Ahh... I see. You aren't the bravest, but you will become wealthy...but wait! There's more! I see.. a woman.. A firey, young woman.. Your true love.. Yes... This is all I see right now. Now you, Mario. Let me see your palm."

She gazed at Mario's palm, longer than Luigi's.

"My.. what an interesting palm.. You.. You shall improve the lives of millions..."

"Wow! Millions of people! Say, what about my true love? Do you see her? You saw Luigi's!"

"Ah, yes.. A beautiful, eligant young lady, with sapphire eyes.. Truley a catch, as far as you men judge things... There. Now, let me show you the pipes."

The clairvoyant led them down a flight of stairs to a big, wooden door. She opened it, and the three stepped in. A solitary green pipe stood in the middle of the floor.

"See what you can make of this."

The fortune-teller shut the door, leaving the two awe-struck brothers staring at the giant piece of plumbing.

---------------

It gets good, real soon!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 9:57:57 AM

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2003, 11:24:11 AM »
Chapter 3 - Insomnia
--------------

Walking through the castle, Toad was talking with Princess Peach, whom he has been friends with since their childhood.

"I'm glad this war with the Koopas is almost over."

Peach smiled.

"I think we all are."

Though the Mushroom Kingdom was at war, their happy faces made it impossible to tell. Their army had just captured a major Koopa base, and had set their sights on the Koopa headquaters.

Meanwhile, Bowser was pacing the floor in his throne room. He strained as hard as he could to think of some way to defeat the Mushroom Kingdom. Kamek, his trusted advisor, stood silent. He didn't want to incur the wrath of Bowser upon himself.

"Kamek, you are my advisor. As such, you should advise me, correct?"

Kamek gulped.

"Yes, my lord."

"This might just be me, but I don't think you're doing your job. And, tell me, what happens to people who don't do their jobs?"

"They.. Get thrown into the Lava Pits?"

"Yes. They will be fired, quite literally."

The magikoopa removed his glasses, and delicatly polished the lenses.

"Well, you could send the spy troopas, and have them kidnap the Royal Family. All you would have to do is have a small group of troopas distract their gaurds. They'd easily slip right in."

"Perfect! Rally the troops."

That evening, Bowser explained the plan to Koopa army. As they nodded their heads in undertanding, Bowser swelled with pride.

"Now I will succeed where my father failed!"

The attack was late at night. 10 spy troopas crept along the castle walls, avoiding making any noise. Slowly they sneaked past weary Mushroom gaurds, and through an open window. Quiter still, they crept towards the princess's bedroom. No gaurds were around.

A spy raised his radio.

"Now."

Almost immediatly the heard the booming of cannon fire.

"You two! Get the King and Queen! Bust down that door!"

Calamity ensued. As the koopas busted down the door, an alarm sounded. One troopa grabbed the princess and opened a window. Using a cape, he gracefully flew out and landed softly on the ground.

Bullet Bills rained down on the castle. Unable to sustain much more, it began to crumble.

"Troopas! Use your Stars! Were goin' in for the King and Queen!"

They all activated their Stars, and busted their way into the bedroom. The King stood, in nothing more than his pajamas and slippers, with a Fire Flower.

"Stay back!"

The troopas rushed and grabbed the king and queen, and fled for an exit...

------------

Told ya it got good!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 9:59:38 AM

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2003, 04:59:13 PM »
Chapter 4 - Death of a Loved One
---------------

King Toadstool fired his fire flower at the troopas. Having no effect, they swatted him down with a fury of blows to the face. The queen fainted at the sight of the bruised and bloody king. Unconcious, the king and queen were lifted by two troopas and carried out of the colapsing castle. The troopas fled for the main exit. While the were running, giant sections of the ceiling fell around them.

Luck was not well for any of the Royal Family. A large, heavy section of the castle had fallen between the troopa who carried the queen and the rest of the troops.

"Guys!! Come back! I'm trapped!"

A peice of stone hit the troopa in the head.

"My star.. It's powers are spent..!"

A larger piece struck him. He looked up in time for him to see the ceiling come crashing down. Thus was the end of the troopa and the queen...

Fortunatly for the King and Princess Peach, a message had been sent to their "saving grace".

----------------

Sorry for the shortness of that'n. I wrote it during the time I could find in between school work and other school activities.

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:01:11 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2003, 05:09:18 PM »
Cool story.

I don''t have a signature.  So what?  I doesn''t matter!  HAHA!  I''m Freee!

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2003, 05:28:27 PM »
It's good to know what few fans I have like the story.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2003, 02:10:45 PM »
I've always liked your posts, Dairy King! That is a very good story so far... I wish  could post my story, but alas...it is not completed yet! I have so many ideas, I don't know where to begin!

Like I said before, your story is great! Does it tell the beginning of how the Mario Bros. got to the Mushroom Kingdom, or is it a completely new tale?

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/30/2003 12:11:45 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2003, 05:58:56 PM »
Yes, it does tell how the Mario Bros ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom. It's also told what happened to Peach's mother, why we never see her in any of the games. And, for what it's worth, I've started writing the second Episode, which is entitled "Subcon: The Land of Dreams."
Anyhoo..

Chapter 5 - Cry For Help
-------------

Mario and Luigi stood pondering over the giant pillar of pipe.

"Where do ya s'pose it leads?"

Luigi thought as hard as he could.

"Haven't the foggiest."

Suddenly, loud booming echoed out of the pipe, followed by a shrill scream.

"Help!"

The pipe countinued booming and screaming. Luigi covered his ears.

"What in the world is that!?"

The commotion startled Mario so bad that he had fallen down. He stood up.

"C'mon! We have to check this out!"

"Mario! Have some sense! We don't know where it leads!"

"Who cares!? Someone needs our help!!"

Before Luigi had a chance to protest, Mario grabbed his wrist and jumped down the pipe.

Back at Bowser's castle the troopas carried their prisoners deep into a damp, dark dungeon. The two were thrown into a cell.

"Wait.." the Princess said, "Where is my mother?"

A koopa looked at her. He smacked his fist into his hand. Words were not necessary. Peach buried her face in her hands and began to cry. In between sobs were almost inaudible words.

"What're we going to do, daddy..?"

King Toadstool, who was usually optimistic, just lowered his head.

"I don't know. I honestly don't know."

He hugged his daughter in an attept to comfort her.

Meanwhile, Mario and Luigi had lost all sense of time and direction, and were plummeting through space.

"How far down does this pipe go!?" Luigi shouted.

"I dunno," Mario shouted back, "but we've been falling for hours!"

"I somehow don't want to find the bottom!"

Suddenly, there was a faint light.

"Look! Luigi! Look!"

"What?!"

"It's a light! The light at the end of the tunnel! The end of the pipe!"

Luigi strained his eyes. All he could make out was the dark figure of his corpulent brother. Suddenly, he too saw the light and became excited and scared.

"What lies at the end of this pipe..?" he thought to himself...

----------------

And there! End of Chapter 5!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:03:19 AM

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2003, 08:26:23 PM »
This story is actually adapted from my ill fated Mario manga by the same name. (And for what it's worth, I'm not going to post my manga. It was much lamer.)

Chapter 6 - Union of Forces
------------

The more Mario and Luigi fell, the more brilliant the light grew, until they finally fell upon solid ground. Luigi was amazed. He, nor Mario, had been injured from the fall, as long as the drop was.

"Where are we?" Mario asked, "It's been a while since I've been in the downtown sewers, but yeesh!"

Luigi looked at his surroundings.

"I don't think were in Brooklyn, Mario. I somehow doubt we're in the same country."

Mario sat down on a fallen pillar. The cold air was filled with the rotten smell of death. Fallen bodies lay everywhere, peirced by spears or crushed by cannon balls.

"Wanna bet that they were on the recieving end of a war?"

Luigi frowned at Mario.

"This isn't a time for jokes, stupid. Help me look for survivors."

The two searched the destroyed castle, finding nothing but dead bodies and odd looking mushrooms. Suddenly, a faint coughing came from under a neatly stacked pile of rubble in the corner of a partial wall. Mario and Luigi lifted away a large section of the rubble. Beneath the make-shift shelter sat Toad, shivering in fear.

"Ahhh!! Go away! Don't kill me!"

"Woah there, kiddo. Take it easy!" Mario said, "Where are the grownups?"

Toad's small stature was the same as any of the other Mushroom Kingdom inhabitants. All, except for the Royal Family.

"I am a grownup!"

"Are you a midget?"

Luigi smacked the back of Mario head.

"Stupid! Be a little meaner next time. Didn't you notice anything about those bodies back there? They were all the same size as he is!"

"I'm as tall as any Mushroomite is expected to be, if not, taller! But you two... you aren't like us.. You're humans, right?"

Luigi nodded.

"Yeah, if that's what you'd call us."

"Humans... Like the Royal Family! Yes! As tall as they are!"

Toad suddenly turned pale.

"Ohmigosh! I forgot the royal family! Oh, crap! This'll get me canned for sure!"

"What happened?"

"The Koopas.. They attacked us.. I was scared!" They were firing cannons and everything! They kidnapped the Princess and the King.. It was horrible!"

Luigi looked at Mario. He shrugged, knowing as little about Koopas as Luigi.

"Koopas? What are they..?"

---------------------------

Nifty!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:05:19 AM

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2003, 08:08:58 PM »
Hello all! I'll bet you're wondering where the heck I've been, and why I'm not posting the story. Well, there's a perfectly good explaination.
Week before last was mid-terms, and my psyco of an English teacher gave 50% of the entire Sophmor class a D or lower. She's one to forget, so I can't really be blamed for not getting my journal(the one mentioned in the first post.) turned in on time to get it checked to give myself a more suitable grade. Needless to say, I lost computer and video game. Except on weekends.
That weekend my family ventured forth to my grandparents' home.(Mid-Ohio to Mid-Michigain adds up to about a 3 hour car ride. Thank God for Game Boy!) They own no computer, and the most advanced gaming system us kids have up there is an Atari 2600. Yeah. So anyhoo, We came home, and I contracted influenza from who knows where. I missed the entire week of school, and have quite a bit of make-up work. Luckily, the worst is only in Geometry.
Funny thing, during this bout with the flu, I have had 3 rather nasty nose-bleeds. I don't want to gross any one out, but the bathroom sink looked like a murder had been commited there. So, thats my past two weeks! I live quite an exciting life, huh? I'll get back to the the story, I promise! Just let me get a little more homework done.. Ha! Like that'll really happen.

Oh, anybody who has read the story and havn't replied your opinion, feel free to. I like to hear(read?) reader thoughts, good and bad.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2003, 11:15:51 PM »
Chapter 7 - Capture
--------------

"Koopas are the evil and vile turtle creatures whom the kingdom has been at war with for centuries!"

Mario kneeled beside Toad.

"What's their beef with you guys?"

"We dunno. They're just power hungry freaks."

"I hate to keep asking questions," Luigi said, "but, can you tell us just what kingdom we're in?"

Toad stood up.

"Well.. This used to be the Mushroom Kingdom. But the Koopas attacked us. I don't know what'll become of it now.."

Mario set his hand on Toad's shoulder.

"For what it's worth, Me and my brother could try to help you."

"That's awfully nice, but I don't even know your names!"

"I'm Mario!"

"And I'm Luigi!"

"I'm Toad. It's nice meeting you!"

The group headed towards the crumbling structure that used to encase the castle's door. Outside, tire treds were all that were seen from the onslaught of the Koopas. Just to the right of the castle bridge a small sign stood. It read:

COMING SOON!
Koopa Troopa
Memorial Battlefield

"What! A memorial for them!? They won the battle!!"

Toad ran to the middle of the castle courtyard and began to yell.

"Show yourselves! I'll make this a memorial for you all!!"

Suddenly, dozens of Koopa Troopas appeared, followed by wave after wave of Goombas.

Mario leaned down to Toad.

"Toad?"

"Yeah?"

"You weren't expecting them to be positioned there, were you?"

"Uhh... No?"

A Koopa stepped forward.

"Give yourself up, or die."

Willingly, the three raised their hands in defeat, and stepped toward the Koopa...

--------------------

It gets better and better. Originally in the Manga, Mario and Luigi found Toad in a pantry, armed with a crowbar. Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame!

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:08:04 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2003, 11:35:34 AM »
ROF! That's funny!

No plate like chrome for the hollindaise.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2003, 02:08:58 PM »
What's funny? My story, or my signature? This is my best attempt a a truly serious story.

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2003, 02:24:51 PM »
The part of the story where Toad starts yelling without thinking and they're surrounded by the enemies because he couldn't keep his mouth shut.  THAT part.

No plate like chrome for the hollindaise.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2003, 11:56:58 PM »
Just in time for the holidays, another chapter!!

Chapter 8 - Daring Escape
-----------------

Shackled together, Mario, Luigi, and Toad were forced to walk to Bowser's fortress. They saw villages that were bruning, crumbled, or hardly there. The Koopas had made a fast sweep over the land. Soon, the three were joined by some others also had been taken prisoner.

"Psst.. Luigi!!"

"What?"

"I have a plan."

"What is it?"

"See that gaurd over there? The one with the keys? On the count of three, jump on him, and steal his keys. Tell Toad."

Luigi whispered the plan to Toad.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be, Mario."

"THREE!!"

The two brothers jumped in unison, dragging Toad along with them. Mario, landing all his weight on the Koopa, bounced right off, as though he was jumping on a bed matress. The gaurd dropped his key, and retreated into his shell. Mario fumbled with the keys, trying to find the right one. He finally right key, and he was able to remove the shackles binding him to his brother and Toad.
"Luigi!!"

He tossed the keys to Luigi, who began to unshackle Toad and himself. Luigi stood scared, the Koopas surrounding him and Toad.

"Mario!!"

"Huh?"

"Mario!! Use the fire flower!!"

Mario looked down by the gaurd, where Toad was pointing. He saw a tiny orange flower.

"This?"

"Yes!!"

He squoze the base of the flower and felt a surge of power. His cheeks grew warmer, hot almost. His body was encased in a yellow light, and his overalls and hat shone with white briliancy. His shirt faded to a deep red. The koopas stopped their advance.

"He's.. He's able to control the power of a fire flower?!"

Something in Mario knew what was happening. An inner voice shouted out at him.

"Mario! It's your fortune! Help the prisoners! You can do it! You're super! Go for it!"

He held up his index finger. A small red flame shot up from his finger.

"Boo-yeah."

------------------

Quite an ending to a chapter, eh? I won't be home for Christmas, as I'll be at my Grandparents house. So here I am, wishing you all a safe and happy Holiday season.
Peace out!!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:11:37 AM

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2003, 03:29:41 PM »
Chatper 9 - Super Mario
--------------

The Koopas slowly backed away.

"I wonder..."

Mario held his hand out. A great ball of fire lept from his palm, and bounced along the ground. The koopas fearfully began to flee. Mario lobbed a fireball into a crowd of Koopas. Upon impact, it exploded and sent Koopas flying. Shells littered the ground, smoldering. The remaining Koopas fled as fast as their feet could carry them, toward Bowser's Castle.

"Let's trail 'em!"

Toad shook his head.

"Are you crazy? We'll never be able to sneak into any of Bowser's fortresses, let alone his own home!"

"Guys," Luigi piped in, "Shouldn't we help the other prisoners?"

"Oh, yeah! I'd forgotten about them! Where are the keys?"

A small, elderly man stepped forward.

"We can't begin to thank you for what you've done."

"It's nothing, really!"

Mario, Luigi and Toad went to work, unchaining prisoners. By now, the Koopas had fled far away.

As they approached the castle, two gaurds stopped them. After they confirmed what business they had with Bowser, the gaurds let them pass. They were quickly pushed into Bowser's throne room, where the king waited.

"Welcome back, and congratulations, General." Bowser said, "I trust the prisoners are in their cells as we speak. It sounded like an awfull lot of people to let go to waste."

The General gulped at these words.

"Your highness... About the prisoners.."

Another troopa broke in.

"You shoulda seen it sire! This fat little guy grabbed a fire flower, and absorbed it's powers!! Then he started chuckin' fireballs at us!! It was scary, but kinda cool!"

Bowser glared at the remaining troopas.

"The 40 some troops I sent couldn't contain one fat little man?!"

"King Bowser, sire, he.. he also had this.. awesome jumping ability.. And there was another one, dressed just like him.."

Bowser grabbed the General by his throat.

"Bring them to me. I need to see this, first hand. And if you can't, pray that they kill you, because I WILL!!

----------------

My my, it's been a little while, hasn't it?

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:13:21 AM

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2004, 08:10:16 PM »
Chapter 10 - Full Scale Invasion
---------------

"Well," Mario asked, "are you guys ready to go?"

Toad and Luigi had finished unchaining the others and nodded.

"Let's go, Mario!"

They began to walk away. As they did, the group of prisoners followed.

"Woah, people. We don't want endanger anyone."

The elderly man stepped to the front of the group.

"We couldn't begin to thank you enough for freeing us. So we're gonna help you."

"Your help is appreciated," Luigi said, "but we don't have anything to fight with!"

"Oh, but we do! Follow me."

They were led to a huge mountain, with no visible entrance.

"OK..." Mario started "And just what do we do with a mountain..?"

"Watch." The old man said, "You two, come here."

Two young men stepped forward.

"Push here."

They pushed and a great section of the mountain moved in, revealing a cave. Inside were dozens of rows of tanks, artilary, and transports.

"I see..." Luigi said, "An emergency back-up, perhaps?"

Mushroomites loaded into the vehicles. Mario and Luigi boarded a transport, for they knew not how to drive a tank. They rolled out a back exit, and were just a few miles from Bowsers castle. As they approached the Koopa Fortress, a voice on the radio called out to them.

"Mushrooms! Ready.. Aim.."

They waited for the signal to fire.

"Fire!!"

The artilary cannons boomed. Cannon balls soared into the higher sections of the black castle. Large section fell, crushing Koopas, or falling into the lava filled moat.

"Hit 'em hard!!"

Koopa tanks began rolling towards the artilary. One fired destroying a cannon. Mushroom tanks swarmed the Koopas, destroying each one. By now, the top part of the castle was dust.

"C'mon Luigi! Time to preform a rescue operation!"

The brothers grabbed a fire flower each and made their way to the castle entrance...

---------------

Hope you like this. The next one doesn't feature as much of the Mushroomites, as Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad travel to Subcon!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:15:40 AM

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2004, 11:54:23 AM »
Chapter 11 - To the Bowels of the Castle
-------------

Mario and Luigi barreled into the castle, not knowing what they'd find. The main hall was empty. They noticed a flight of stairs, an ran towards them.

"Prison cells are usually in the bottom part of castle, right?"

"Usually."

The two flew down the stairs. Though they found prison cells, these were filled with nothing more then tiny skeletons.

"Oh god, I hope we're not too late!"

They ran down the hall. Nothing but empty cells on the left and right.

"Look, Mario! A turn!"

They rushed down the newly found hall. The lights were dim, and the two could barely see. Suddenly, a large booming voice echoed through the hall.

"Looking for something?"

The voice was none other than Bowser's.

"Yeah. How's 'bout you tell us where the princess is, ugly?"

Red flames flashed from the barely visible mouth of Bowser.

"Fool!! Do you not know who I am?!"

"Don't know, don't care," Mario said, "just take us to the princess."

Bowser lunged his massive fist at Mario, striking him in the face. He smacked against a wall. As he fell, a yellow light engulfed his body. His white overalls and hat faded back to normal.

"MARIO!" Luigi screamed, "Mario! Wake up!!"

Bowser laughed. Luigi knealed by Mario's side. He was laying on his face. He looked at Bowser.

"You... monster.."

He stood up.

"You monster!!"

"What're you gonna do about it, little man? Without your pudgy friend, you're nothing!"

"I'll show you what I'm going to do."

He reached into his pocket, and produced the tiny orange flower.

"This."

He clenched the fire flower. A yellow light radiated from his body. His overalls and hat turned to the brilliant white, and his shirt faded to deep green.

"I'm super. You don't stand a chance."

----------------

Oh yeah! Fight scene! Fight scene!

Oh, by the way, This story isn't entitled "The Super Mario Saga". That's the name of the series of stories that I'm writing or am planning on writing. This one is entitled "Journey to the Mushroom Kingdom". Also, I'm planning on going back and putting the titles on the chapters. So you'll just have to see them. Nyah.

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:18:33 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2004, 01:01:19 PM »
Great!  I'm writing a trilogy fanfic.  The Frist one is called The Mushroom Trilogy: The Beginning.  The last one is called The Mushroom Trilogy: The End.  I need a title for the middle one, though.

I''m the "trick" in "eccentric".

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2004, 08:27:55 PM »
How's about "The Middle"?

Chapter 12 - Fall of the Tyrant
----------------

Luigi charged at Bowser. The great Koopa King lashed his fists, missing with every swing. Luigi gave a swift sweep of his feet, and Bowser was down, his spikes stinking into the floor.

"This ends here, you shelled freak!!"

He lobbed a fire ball onto the giant Koopa's flailing body. He watched it burn. The skin began to melt away from Bowser's body, but did not reveal a skeleton. Instead a metalic frame appeared. Bowser obviously was controlling this android from a distance.

Luigi looked down. Mario was still unconscious.

"Mario!"

No answer.

"Mario!! Mario, wake up!"

He shook Mario's arm. Slowly, the red-clad plumber raised his head. A great gash was above his swollen right eye.

"Oh, thank God.."

"Luigi..? Uurrgh... I have a killer head ache.."

"Mario... How many fingers?"

He raised two fingers.

"...Oh.. Four..?"

"Close enough. Let's go!"

Suddenly, Mario regained his senses.

"Wait, what about what's his face?!"

Luigi pointed at the melted flesh and burning metalic skeleton.

"Oh."

They ran past the burning android into another room.

"Thank God! More cells!"

The rushed down the hall. Every cell was empty, except for the occasional skeleton.

"Hello!" Mario called out, "Is anyone in here?"

A cry echoed from both sides of the room.

"Mario, This way!"

Luigi ran back the way they came.

"Hold it! That's just the echo!"

"How do you know?"

"Luigi, I spent my entire childhood in the sewers with Pappa! Don'tcha think I might know something about echoes?"

"Right..."

They continued down the hall. As they did, the cries became louder. Finally, the two stumbled upon a cell with more than just bones. There stood Princess Peach and King Toadstool, in tattered pajamas.

"Stand back, and shield your eyes! I'm going to melt these bars!"

Luigi's hands turned into a giant welding torch, and within seconds, the door was a puddle of bubbling lead.

"Thank you, young fellow!" The king said, giving Luigi a giant hug, "But I fear we haven't the time for proper introductions, as the bombard ment on the castle is too much! Let us make haste!"

Suddenly, a large section of cieling broke from above Peach.

"Look out!"

Mario dived beside Peach, shoving her to the side and raised a fist. The peice crumbled like a piece of dirt.

"Thank you.."

"It's nothing, really," said Mario, "but we gotta get going!! This place is coming down!!"

A large crack formed inbetween the Princess and Mario. It opened, revealing a river of lava.

"Sir," Peach began, "If we don't get out of here quick, we're going to be fried!"

Mario gazed at Peach. Her eyes were a beautiful blue. Something told him that the fourtune teller wasn't just full of hot air.

"Right.. And the name's Mario!"

-------------------

Well, this is almost the end. But.. There are some pretty good twists... He he he..

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/4/2004 6:31:48 PM

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2004, 11:46:30 PM »
Hey. Sorry, I can't post any on the story. I left my note book at school.

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2004, 11:59:51 PM »
Mario's name is MARIO?!  I hd no idea!

The war that would end all wars was on.  As they fought, the world became a battle between good and evil.  Everywhere you went, you were either on the good side, or the bad side.  Then, my small voice rang through the world with a third side: ''BIG  DEAL!''

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2004, 11:29:43 AM »
He was talking to Peach, who didn't know who he was.
Anyhoo...

Chapter 13 - Death of a Hero

--------------------

Cracks swarmed around the ground. Sections opened, revealing pools of lava. Ceiling peices fell, making their desperate flight out of the castle difficult.

"Hurry! We don't have much time!"

Luigi looked over his shoulder. King Toadstool was behind him, as was the princess. Mario was nowhere in sight.

"Where's Mario?!"

The King looked behind him.

"Oh, he's gone!"

"You two, go ahead! I have to find Mario!"

The royalty nodded and hurried on. Luigi ran back, in search of Mario. He lay on a chunk of floor in the middle of a pool of lava.

"Oh, jeeze..."

Luigi jumped to the island. It swayed as he landed, and he almost lost his balance. His brother was out. Crumbled peices of brick lay beside his head. Having no time to attempt to wake him, he hoisted Mario upon his shoulders and hurried towards the exit again.

He ran down a hall. The paths were blocked. Luigi was trapped. He noticed a hole in the ceiling and two Koopa shells. He thought about how high Mario jumped off of the Koopa gaurd. Testing how high he could jump, he easily touched the cieling. He scooted the shell below the opening, and jumped through the hole. As he landed, the floor cracked underneath him.

"Beter hurry!"

He skedaddled towards the main exit, and torched the door with a fire ball. As he waited for the giant door to finish burning, cracked swarmed around him. Knowing he wouldn't have the time to wait for it too finish, he jumped, barely clearing the flames. He ran across the stone bridge with time to see the entire structure collapse into a pile of rubble.

"Mario! We did it!"

There was no response.

"Mario..?"

Luigi let Mario's body lie down. He saw no signs of life. Mario was dead.

-------------------

*softly cries*

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2004, 12:41:45 PM »
Mario dies in the beginning of the entire Mario series?! Oh no, this means all of the Mario games that were released after Super Mario Bros. were all fake!

Lies, all LIES!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2004, 10:19:15 PM »
I didn't want anything to spoil the ending. So that's why I said nothing to the response.

Chapter 14 - Return of a Loved One

-------------------

"Mario!! Luigi yelled, "Mario! Wake up!!"

Tears filled his eyes.

"No...!"

"Truly, he was a noble man." The king was standing behind Luigi, "Heroic, even in death. We caught wind of what you two've done."

"Y...You have?"

"The gracious troops. Think about them."

"They were the prisoners that we.. uhh.. Mario saved.."

"And by doing so, you and him had given hope to the princess and I. So here."

The king reached into his pocket, and produced a small, green mushroom.

"Place this in his mouth."

Luigi did as he was told. They stood back. White light rained down from the heavens upon Mario's fallen body. He sat up and rubbed his head.

"Where...am I?"

"Mario!! You're alive!!"

"Oh man. I had the craziest dream.. I dreamed I was running in a tunnle. At the end was this really bright light. When got there, I started falling. Then I woke up. I hate those dream."

"Mario!! You had died! You were going to heaven, but then we used a.. A.. Green little mushroom on you, and now you're back!!"

Luigi hugged Mario. Great tears of joy were rolling down his cheeks.

The Mushroom Kingdom was victorious. The Koopas had been defeted, and the land was once again free. Though their side had lost many people too, the joy of knowing the Koopas were no longer running free kept sprits high.

---------------------------

And there it is! Episode one is finished. Next is Episode two: Subcon, the Land of Dreams!!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/17/2004 8:21:32 PM

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2004, 02:39:24 PM »
I'll get to posting Episode two in a while... I still have a little revision to do to the first chapters.

"The Hero''s triumph on Cataclysm''s Eve wins three symbols of virtue. The Master Sword he retrieves, keeping the knights'' line true."

Print