Print

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Message From Beyond Time  (Read 3866 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« on: August 16, 2006, 01:58:58 AM »
The land of Hyrule is awfully diverse; mountains, dry deserts, refreshing lakes, wide grass lands, flowing rivers, you name it. But, our particular little tale for today takes place in the forest. Not just any forest, the mysterious and magical Kokiri forest. Here there is a boy, without a faerie. All the other children have one, but he does not. He used to have a faerie, but no one remembers it but him. He was part of a great adventure that spanned across space and time, but now it is only a memory. He's nothing but a normal Kokiri child now (or so it would seem to an outside observer, he knows better, he's actually a Hylian) besides not having a faerie, of course. This young lad's name was Link, and he was sleeping; as usual.

"Hey lazy flower wake UP!"

Link slowly climbed out of his dream; he was riding a horse through a terrible, devastated land that will never exist.

"You awake yet?! Listen up would ya, sheesh!"

Link saw that it was Mido, being his usual self.

"Whuzamatta," a still sleepy Link mumbled.

"I hate to say it, but we need your... erm. Help," the last word was barely a mutter.

"Seeing as some how you are a tad bigger than everyone else, maybe you could help get rid of the rampaging Deku Scrub running around outside. Think you can handle it, buster?" Mido queried.

Link suddenly sprung from bed, ready for action.

"Where did it come from?" Link asked.

"No one knows, it appeared this morning, here" Mido handed Link a Kokiri Sword and a Deku shield.

"You've never used anything like this before, but it's pretty simple, just use the shield to block those Deku nuts that thing keeps shooting and the sword to, you know, take it down." Link couldn't help but smile sheepishly at Mido's instruction.

Link walked outside and spotted the creature firing Deku nuts into the sky. Everyone and anyone else it could have shot at had taken shelter, it seemed, so it just shot at all the nothing that was in the air.

Without much concern (he had slain this manner of creature countless times, even though none of it happened in this time line) Link approached the Deku Scrub. He saw that this was a wild Scrub, not one of the "civilized" ones he encountered in Termina a few months back.

When approaching the Scrub, they danced the normal dance:

Scrub spits Deku nut,
nut bounces off of Deku shield,
nut stuns Scrub.

But one thing seemed odd, Link noticed, the Scrub seemed to calm down when Link arrived. It attacked him, but half-heartedly, shooting the nuts only hard enough to make them bounce back towards itself. And it didn't run away when  Link charged it, sword raised; it just rolled over, feet in the air. Link stopped and lowered his sword. There was something tied to the Scrub's leg.

Link slashed the Scrub, and took the paper that was tied to it. It was a very dirty, very brittle piece of parchment. Carefully, Link unrolled it and -

"Link! Thank you so much,"

It was Saria. Link stuffed the paper in his tunic while his back was still turned.

"No problem; it didn't put up that much of a fight," Link said turning around.

"No way, don't be so humble! Did you practice with a swordsman when you went on your trip?"

"No, just a lucky hit I guess."

"Hmph, you got that right, nothing but luck!" Mido was walked up from the direction of Link's house, where he had been hiding. Saria gave Mido a stern look

"... But thanks anyways," Mido muttered.

"I'm still kind of tired, I think I'm going to go back to bed," Link said, seeming slightly anxious to be off.

"Goodness, Link, you sleep more than anyone I know!" Saria exclaimed, she noticed Link's suspicious need to leave , but decided not to point it out to the less observant Mido.

Link ran off, waving good bye. He didn't know why he kept the paper a secret, but it seemed like that Deku Scrub wanted him to have it. He didn't like to keep secrets, especially from Saria, but he wanted to look at the paper himself first. He felt like it was almost glowing against his chest. It carried the aura of importance that a Spiritual Stone did; or the Ocarnia of Time.

Link finally arrived to the privacy of his house, he took out the paper, saw a blank and turned it over.

His heart skipped a beat.

The paper was mostly ruined from shifting around in his clothing. And the writing was crude and a poisonous color of purple, as if it had been written carefully with a stick and berry juice. But he could read it.

I WILL BE BACK

Next to the words was a sketch of the Triforce.

The top triangle was filled in.

</story>

I don't normally write or read fan fictions, ever. But to earn a point for my cabin, I wrote this piece for Camp Hyrule's fan fiction activity off the top of my head. I thought it wouldn't hurt to share it with you guys.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 02:17:34 AM by TEM »

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:20:30 AM »
I like, I like.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:13:33 PM »
Ooooh, kick-awesome!  ^_^

And now that it's confirmed that Zelda fanfics are okay to post here, I am finally going to be able to post something that I've been wanting to for quite a long while.

But, anyways, I like the story, TEM.  Intruiging.   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »
Goddesses save me, this is terrible.

Print