Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. 2 coin total passes one trillion  (Read 5984 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:46:38 PM »
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is all about the coins, and every time you play your personal coin total is added to the worldwide counter. While this came off as something of a novelty initially, Nintendo rewarded players with free downloadable content back in November 2012 after the worldwide total hit 300 billion. Now, a year after the game's release, that coin total has passed the one trillion mark (as of this post, it sits at 1,029,025,755,653). Will we possibly see another reward for players still actively collecting coins and logging their totals online?

Nintendo hasn't commented yet on this, but certainly this is a huge milestone for the game! Any of you out there still playing?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:19:37 AM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 11:50:49 PM »
Awesome! I still play it pretty regularly, usually just during my breaks at work or when I get some Streetpass data for the game.

I wonder if Nintendo will offer more.. refurbished levels, like they did with the Gold Classics Pack..? I wouldn't mind seeing more of those. Given, they've covered several classic levels already, so it'd be hard to top that one.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 11:54:46 PM »
New Super Luigi 2 might not be too far off, even if it's just a character and physics change.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 02:15:48 PM »
When the time comes, I'm requesting a picture of Mario weeping with his yarmulke held against his chest, captioned "REMEMBER THE 6 TRILLION".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print