Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution renamed  (Read 24522 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2006, 04:03:21 PM »
Delta is a cool name, but would other languages be able to remember or pronounce it?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2006, 05:47:56 PM »
Well, that's one of the reasons the name was never Revolution. The name is too hard to translate to other languages according to Nintendo.

Also, I could've sworn Delta was a letter in the ancient Greek language or something...
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2006, 07:01:59 PM »
I beleive you are right about the greek letter thing, Mr.Wiggles.

As for the name, I think they should rename it either Super Duper NES or Nintendo Phoenix(or maybe some other mythylogical creature).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2006, 07:23:47 PM »
Super Duper NES = Super Duper NO.
The Phoenix would likely be popular in Arizona.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2006, 06:48:35 PM »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2006, 07:04:13 PM »
REMEMBER: YOu are not bidding on the actual electronics.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2006, 03:33:22 PM »
Have you ever seen anyone try to sell an X-box Box?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2006, 07:27:27 PM »
No, but the X-BOX is like a box= fragile.

Like other people said that they wished they were on Punk'd, I'm hoping at E-3, Satoru Iwata will go on stage and say something like "April Fools!" or "Nintendo Fools!" Please, please, please.....change the name Nintendo! Look at all the negatives you're getting about the system's new name! This is my point exactly!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2006, 08:36:47 PM »
Let's just wait until E3... if it's not back to normal by then, we can give up all hope...
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2006, 10:59:58 PM »
You guys need to get over it already. Bird Person.
That was a joke.

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2006, 10:47:53 AM »
Did they really change the name to Wii. Because that sounds really weird I think they should keep the name Revolution
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2006, 12:15:25 PM »
I think I am over it already. In fact, after saying the name "Wii" 24/7, it's all right. Unique, I should think.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2006, 01:41:18 PM »
Yoshisaurus I'm sorry if this sounds rude but those names are just terrible. They are less creative than the name Xbox 360. Except for the N-finite and N-credible.

Would "Bomb" imply that the system is terrible? Because that's what I'm getting at.

Most of them were supposed to be terrible. You just got punk'd! XD Oh hey... Nintendo XD?  Yeah, that's even better than the N-Bomb!

Okay, I'm getting used to wii now.  I don't know how but I just am.  I think it would be funny if everyone someone got used to the name and then Nintendo says, "Hey it all really was just a joke! Ha ha!" And the next day the headlines read: E3 06 has biggest riot ever.

Edit: The Nintendo Ewe.  Because it's all about you.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 01:43:14 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2006, 12:08:46 AM »
Whaddid I get for Christmas?? Eeew, a Ewe!! XP
Well, I'm ready to get one regardless of what it's called. No more searching through Gamestop and eBay for old video games that are probably broken!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2006, 10:17:07 AM »
But I don't get I could just see some one going " I'm going to buy a Wii today." or " I going to play my Wii." It just doesn't sound right
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Print