Print

Author Topic: First-Gen DS/NSMB Sound Glitch  (Read 2803 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:58:22 PM »
EDIT: I know this seems like it should be in Game Help, but it's not a problem I'm wanting to have fixed or whatever. I'm just sharing it, so in order to curb any confusion, I've changed the topic title, as well.

So this little "problem" happened again and reminded me that I wanted to share it with all of you.

Sometimes, at random, when playing NSMB, the sound will get louder and start playing "double", for lack of a better term. I'm assuming that some of the sound channels are reserved for one speaker with the others going to the other speaker.

However, when this occurs, it sounds like the whole game audio is playing through both speakers (if the aforementioned is true), but the right side will have a delay, so it's like you're playing the game with a loud echo... kinda like a "wet" grand hall mix.

It's kind of a cool effect and it only happens with my NSMB cart (which explains the topic title). Have any of you experienced this with NSMB on an old DS or with any games on the old DS at all?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:15:01 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
It sounds like a similar problem that happens on occasion with my WarioWare and GBASp. As far as a solution, I've found that pausing the game and turning the sound all the way down then back up seems to help.

I seem to recall having this problem with one of my DS games, and putting it in sleep mode (closing the DS for a couple of minutes and then reopening it) seemed to fix it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »
I actually think it's pretty cool when it happens, so I just let it run its course until it rights itself (which, like you mentioned, fixes itself after closing the DS for a little bit).

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
My SM64DS's sound occasionally becomes echoed and "tinny", as if being played on a gramophone. Is that anything like your issue?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
Yes, almost exactly.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 08:42:31 PM »
I've had this happen with other games, It can easily be fixed by closing the DS for a second except for Animal Crossing: Wild World which can't be put in sleep mode.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 02:28:40 AM »
I've had the problem now and then on NSMB and SM64DS, but it's not really a big deal, I don't imagine.  Especially considering I rarely have the sound on anyway.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »
Oh God, the "Ba-ba!" things are annoying enough. Now you gotta deal with "Buba-buba!"?

What nonsense.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Print