Print

Author Topic: The Random Song Thread  (Read 205499 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 07:52:20 PM »
I remember the short.  I think it was, like, Angela something...  I can't remember the name of that cartoon.
"Hey!  This isn't Digimon!"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 11:01:01 PM »
Anybody heard this bizarre little ditty before? (if you did, it was probably because you watched the Digimon movie as a kid) I find its utter randomness very representative of myself.

I have heard it many times, and I never watched the Digimon movie. I hear it a lot on the radio and at Quiznos. However, I was unaware of who sang it until now.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 08:25:11 AM »
I remember the short.  I think it was, like, Angela something...  I can't remember the name of that cartoon.
"Hey!  This isn't Digimon!"

Angela Anaconda! That's it! Thanks!
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2007, 05:59:58 AM »
American Pie 2 (not the movie, nothing to do with the movie.  This is my version of how I look at life over the past 20 years, with key examples.)

A long long time ago, I can still remember how that union used to have control.
Through President Reagan and Rocky IV, the Communists were shown the door, and Russia was free from the stronghold.

But while the Russians laughed and praised, here at home we were in a daze.
Music kept on rockin' but soon became just talkin.' 
I can't remember if I cried when I read about how that little girl died.  But I was touched from deep inside, the day, the morals died

So Bye Bye Miss American Pie, saw two ladies with a baby and two hand-holding guys.  I see girls broken and I hear all their cries.  I say chivalry has met its demise, chivalry has met its demise.

Do you have a faith in God?  Well, it might seem a little odd when some people  say they do.  Oh, but how can you tell if they're sincere when they're out getting hammered drinking beer, and getting wasted, along with their crew?  Our music scene may be to blame, but others blame it on the games.

Mortal Kombat raised a din, parents said it was a sin.  Oh, I was a bright and eager kid of five, when I asked the Lord to guard my life, from temptation and the devil's knife, the day the morals died.  I started singing *chorus*

Clinton, Clinton, what have you been hinting to the girl, at whom you have been squinting.  Approval rating high and falling fast, and landing just about dead last, in terms of morals with the rest of the cast.  Perjury, set him free, now its in the past.

At halftime of the Super Bowl, Janet Jackson stole the show.  She marred an excellent game, oh, and she brought the network shame.  Now when some men recall that day, they can't remember the game that was played, just Janet and the move she made the day, the morals died.

We were singing *chorus.*

Well it's clear to me from this world we're in, that a serpent is running this place of sin.  And we're bracing for the biggest war of all time.  When a guy can lie for a moment of fame about killing a little girl without shame, well there's no justice for that kind of crime.

I like that old time rock and roll, but a candy rapper has his own show.  I can't quite understand what people say with their hands.  And when they use all that new ghetto slang, I can't make out just what they're saying, but GTA they kept on playing the day, the morals died.

*Chorus*

Oh, there we were all in our own place, watching the terrorists invade our space, and shoot our two big towers down.  So come on all you cowards, Osama too.  Shock and Awe's coming straight for you, so your house is going to be a hole in the ground.

I saw VT, Columbine and Red Lake, and through all three my heart just sank.  One person can't be blamed, it's the devil playing his game.  And as that snake slithered low along the ground, I found my fists wrapped tightly around, and spiritual warfare was all abound, the day, the morals died.  *chorus*

I thought about a friend the other night, and how her light used to shine so bright, but it's so easy to fall away.  I took a walk throughout my school, and didn't like the words they used.  They resembled, how our world is in decay.

And in the streets we've come unglued, rape and murder every night on the news.  Players should be broken, for treating girls as tokens.  But among the broken folks I see, a vision of what is yet to be, where evil is vanquished for eternity, for the day, the morals died.

Until then, I'll keep singing *chorus* 2X
Hope you liked it.  Feel free to fill me in on any facts that may be wrong. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:00:40 AM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2007, 06:21:48 AM »
Right on, brother. Kick a** lyrics.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2007, 08:09:10 AM »
That was awesome!  Someone should find the lyrics for Weird Al's version of 'American Pie'
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2007, 12:20:01 PM »
That was awesome!  Someone should find the lyrics for Weird Al's version of 'American Pie'
Ah, hypocrisy.

A long long time ago
In a galaxy far away
Naboo was under an attack
And I thought me and Qui Gon Jin
Could talk the federation into maybe cutting them a little slack

But their response it didn't thrill us
They locked the door and tried to kill us
We escaped from that gas
We met Jar-Jar and Boss Nass

We took a bongo from the scene and we went to Theed to see the queen
We all wound up on Tatooine
That's where
We found
This boy

Oh my, my this here Anakin guy
Maybe Vader some day later now he's just a small fry
He left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye
Sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"
"Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"

Did you know this junkyard slave
Isn't even old enough to shave
Well he could use the Force, they say
Ahh did you see him hitting on the Queen
Well he's just nine and she's fourteen
Yeah he's probably gonna marry her
Someday

Well I know be built C3PO
And I heard how fast his Pod can go
Well we were broke it's true
So we made a wager or two

He was a prepubescent flying ace
And the minute Jabba started off that race
Well I knew who would win first place
Oh yes, it waaas our boy

We started singing *chorus*

Now we finally got to Coruscant
The Jedi Council we knew would want
To see how good the boy could be
So we took him there and we told the tale
How his midi-chlorians were off the scale
And he might fulfill that prophecy

Oh the Council was impressed of course
Could he bring balance to the Force
They interviewed the kid
Oh training they forbid
Because Yoda sensed in him much fear
And Qui Gon said "Now listen here
Just stick it in your pointy ear
I still will teach this boy"

He was singing *chorus*

We caught a ride back to Naboo
'cuz Queen Amidala wanted to
Frankly, I would have liked to stay
We all fought in that epic war
And it wasn't long at all before
Little hotshot flew his plane and saved the day

And in the end some Gungans died
Some ships blew up and some pilots fried
A lot of folks were croakin'
The battle droids were broken

And the Jedi I admire most
Met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast
I'm still here and he's a ghost
I guess I'll train this boy

*chorus*

All from memory ftw
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:22:10 PM by bobman37 »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2007, 06:45:25 PM »
Angela Anaconda
One of the most bizarre shows ever.

Did you make that song, JMan? Gimme five.

Does anybody know where I could get the lyrics for that "It's the End of the World As We Know It" spoof they played on the "Comedy Central 'Last Laugh '06'"? (If you didn't see that... LOL)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jman

• Score
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2007, 11:29:49 PM »
That was only half of it.  I had just gotten home from an all night grad party, so I was falling asleep.  I didn't wake up until about 6:00 last night, so I think I'll post the rest of it later today, perhaps.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2007, 12:19:32 AM »
* Chupperson Weird deletes thread
That was a joke.

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2007, 04:00:52 AM »
Clinton, Clinton, what have you been hinting to the girl, at whom you have been squinting.  Approval rating high and falling fast, and landing just about dead last, in terms of morals with the rest of the cast.  Perjury, set him free, now its in the past.

Feel free to fill me in on any facts that may be wrong. 
Well, you use the term approval rating and Clinton landing about dead last. Here's the lowest-reached approval rating for all the Presidents since the Harris Poll started measuring on a regular basis.

Jimmy Carter  22%
Richard Nixon  26%
George W. Bush  28%
George H.W. Bush  29%
Gerald Ford  30%
Bill Clinton  35%
Ronald Reagan  38%
Lyndon B. Johnson  38%

So we see here that Clinton is far from dead last, and in fact in 3rd place out of the eight for best worst rating. But that low was in fact during his first term, free of the Monica scandal. In January 1998, when facing questions about his affair, Clinton's rating rose to the 70s and remained at least in the 60s for the entire year. So your line in the song is blatantly wrong in that respect.

But you do mention that it is dead last in terms of morals, which approval rating doesn't technically really cover. So I guess I'm glad we don't have a scum president anymore who has sex with multiple women and have moved on to an upstanding president who only kills 100,000 Iraqi civilians.

Oh yeah, nice dig on the gays too.

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2007, 04:40:33 AM »
Haha, I knew at least someone would complain about the lyrics (I win 5 bucks from my brother now :D). I mean, no offense to LD, this is a forum after all.

You should still post the rest Jman.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 04:48:35 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2007, 10:17:19 AM »
Hey I'm back, but it really stinks because I'm out five bucks now.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2007, 10:25:58 AM »
None of the stuff Jman wrote about is in any way new to the past 20 years. And it is sad to see a good (if overplayed) song horribly defiled in this manner.
P.S. The Saga Begins is fine.
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2007, 10:34:34 AM »
"So the flowering creativity of life wove its web face to face with the shallow"
-Jon Anderson, on Yes's Tales From Topographic Oceans
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print