Print

Author Topic: Is the PS2 dying?  (Read 14507 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: August 04, 2002, 02:22:16 PM »
I have been noticing more 3rd-party developers [Sega, Namco, Activision] are supporting the GameCube and Xbox, and leaving the PS2 to fend for itself.

For instance, Sega is developing many of it's top franchises for the Xbox and GameCube. Xbox has the exclusive rights to both Jet Grind Radio Future and Crazy Taxi 3, while GameCube is having exclusive rights to Super Monkey Ball 2 and a new Sonic the Hedgehog collection. [I learned about the new Sonic collection at Nintendojo.com].

Activision is making amy of their new games for Xbox, and Namco is publishing exclusive games for Gamecube.

Also, add the fact that Namco is publishing a new arcade StarFox game, and Sega is publishing the F-ZERO series to both arcades and GameCube...it seems very likely that Sony will have a tough time trying to gain back their fans who will be happily playing Super Mario Sunshine on GameCube, and Crazy Taxi 3 on Xbox.

Another interesting point:
Since the PS2 is a rather difficult system to program for, many companies are finding that the GameCube and Xbox are easier to develop for. It is for that reason Xbox and GameCube are recieving more support.

Although Sony does have plans for a network modem very soon, it probably won't be enough to bring back their dominance to the console industry.

If the PlayStation era does come to an end, then I will be very glad to purchase a bright new GameCube, and continue my disliking towards the Xbox.
---

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 8/4/2002 1:26:09 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 05:39:13 PM »
There's a rumor that X-Box will lose all Japanesse support.

PS2's getting a hard drive! ^_^

PlayStation2 WILL make a comeback! It's getting FFXI, Broadband, Narrowband, Timesplitters 2, Tony Hawk 4...

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2002, 06:46:33 PM »
Naturally, nintendo's the big dog on the far east

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2002, 10:46:15 PM »
I sure hope PS2 dies. I despise it. And xBOx.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2002, 09:53:57 AM »
I do too, but at www.planetnintendo.com, it says that PS2 is doing better than GBA and GCN. But X-Box is doing the worst out of the three. Heh heh heh. Stupid Bill Gates.

King Boo isn't dead! He will return...

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 10:25:31 AM »
 Like I always said Microsoft should of stuck with computers.

Muahahahahahahahahah!
 Muahahahahahahahahah!

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 12:28:06 PM »
Why do you all hate Ps2? It's a brilliant system. It currently is the best of the big 3, has the best games, and a bright future. Don't get me wrong, I like Nintendo the most, but just because I like one company, doesn't mean I can't like a currently more suprior company.
But on August 26th Gamecube will be better. Period.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 12:54:43 PM »
Even the X-Box is better

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2002, 03:28:47 PM »
yeah but the x-box has a micro-chip that always gets fried.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 11:31:37 PM »
Here are the recent console sales:

PS2 - 30,000,000

GCN - 8,000,000

XBox - 7,000,000

PS2 won't lose since developers likes money. If you haven't noticed, Microsoft is bribing a lot of companies to stay with them, and most of GCN's exclusive games are enhanced ports.

PS2 has the vast majority of games, even if 80% of them go unnoticed.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 11:34:04 PM »
<I>But on August 26th Gamecube will be better. Period.</I>

You mean August 28th. 26th is the shipping date.

Just look at the bottom of the end of the Mario Sunshine commercial.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 05:57:21 AM »
Well I'm a Brit, so it doesn't bother me either way. October 4th all the way! Yahoo! It's-ah-me, PAL-a-version!

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2002, 11:06:09 AM »
Actually, I think the Dreamcast outperformed PS2. Yay! ^o^

I'm a proud owner of Dreamcast, and soon-to be GameCube!

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)

~After a long time, I finally decided to fix the stretched out screen.  ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/22/2003 2:43:02 PM
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2002, 04:31:40 PM »
Okay, I knew sooner or later this could start a flame war (If you could call it that...).

I also have a Dreamcast, but I must say it does not outperform the PS2. PS2 is much more powerful and has a larger installed fanbase than SEGA. Why else do you think the Dreamcast died? It was all Sony's fault!

Oh well, I could care less about the Dreamcast now. Who needs it when we now have the more superior GameCube and PS2 to play?

Rumors of X-Box's death may soon become true if Microsoft tries to bribe other companies into developing for the system...

Yes, PS2 will make a comeback once they get their Internet strategies figured out soon. Plus with the long-anticipated Final Fantasy PS2 game, I can predict that PS2 will do pretty good this Christmas season!

The number-one anticipated GameCube game of the year: Super Mario Sunshine, will boost GameCube sales so much that not even Microsoft can do anything about it! HA! Finally, Nintendo makes a great comeback and Mario returns to glorious 3D!

All in all, I have the most faith for Nintendo and Sony, since both companies have better reputations that crappy Microsoft. Plus, Microsoft has no idea what they are doing with the X-Box. I mean, X-Box Live...come on! PS2's online service will kick the sh*t out of X-Box's online future!

Microsoft has no idea what videogaming is about! All they think of it is graphics and powerful processors. Sure those things can boost the gameplay experience, but what a real game needs is FUN! And none of the X-Box games made by Microsoft are fun... Boo, Microsoft!

Nintendo GameCube and PlayStation 2 rule!
---

If I could, I'd buy all of the videogames made by Nintendo and Sony!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2002, 01:14:35 PM »
Yes, I'm getting a GameCube when Mario Sunshine comes out, and then I'll agree with you.

I was SO lucky! At my local FunCoLand, I got to actually play SMS! Not some video, but the real thing! It was so cool! I'm verrrrry impressed. I can't wait to buy it! 8)

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)

~Once again fixing the screen...  ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/22/2003 2:44:57 PM
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2002, 11:11:05 PM »
I need to go to Funcoland. It seems that everywhere else in Tulsa no one has it installed yet. And have you people noticed lately how jaggy the PS2 looks compared to GameCube? And have you noticed how bad the textures on XboX are? See, I have no malice toward Dreamcast... but the other two non-game companies' systems are goin' down the drain. As soon as I get to Wal-Mart. Heheh. Why did Microsoft even go into the Video Game business? And don't anybody go blabbin' on about Bill Gates. He didn't even come up with the idea and he's been forced to be only the "software architect". This was before they started making up the Xbox. Or at least started making it. Oh yeah, have you heard that it scratches its own discs? Ha! And what good games are you talking about, Sey me? All the crummy PS2 has is a bunch of sports, fighers and shooters. No good characters, (Yeah, Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot don't even register in my consciousness), and it's dull, hard to program for, hence the bad GFX, and they're trying to have a monopoly. What is the point of arguing with me? I am the master of telling people why PS2 (& one) and XB are bad.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2002, 07:58:48 AM »
The only reason that PS2 is doing better than GameCube is because it was released long before GameCube was.  It got a lot of time being the only "awsome" looking one out there.  Apparently though, PS2 is only 2-Player, which falls behind the 4-Player hype, and has blocky games, as well as a wierd controller.  I think Nintendo will always have the successes no matter what!

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2002, 12:04:58 PM »
For right now GAMECUBE is in 2nd place for vidoe game cosoles. PS2 is doing good because it has more "grown up games". Once Nintendo has released The Legend of Zelda for GAMECUBE, Nintendo will be #1.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2002, 01:34:31 PM »
personally, i dont give a ****, cause i dont play any new **** because they let me down.

the ones who tried to ban me will be banned!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2002, 01:39:37 PM »
I agree with you guys 100%. PS2 technology is extremely outdated compared to GameCube and XBox. Also, more developers are finding that the 'Cube is a much easier system to program for, since one of the main problems of the PS2 was it's difficult program features.

Sony still has hopes for their aging system. But now that I think about it, the PS2 actually has a less of a chance of surviving than the XBox, since it is now considered "old news". The only thing that can keep the PS2 alive is their poorly-anticipated online service, which right now, is Microsoft's main priority. PS2 will eventually fail, though--because not many new games are being released for the system, and it is quickly losing support from 3rd-party companies.

Microsoft is just digging themselves into a much deeper hole since the introduction of Windows XP. The XBox is simply a weak attempt by the company to try to appeal to a wider consumer audience. Obviously, they have failed in this aspect, seeing as how the XBox is doing so poorly! Ha ha! Stupid Microsoft!

Once Super Mario Sunshine is released, Nintendo will suddenly skyrocket to the top! Ironically, if many gamers are interested in mainly "adult" games, then why didn't Eternal Darkness get any hype when it was released? Another big game for Nintendo will be StarFox Adventures. That game has recieved more hype than the new Zelda game!
I think that Nintendo has the brightest future of all the companies! They have survived countless threats from Sony and SEGA, so why misjudge them now?

---

Nintendo is like a religion to me, and Shigeru Miyamoto is the God of it.

A world without Nintendo is a world without videogames.

Congratulation''s Nintendo, for over 25 years of videogame excellence!

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2002, 03:41:03 PM »
Does it matter whether or not the PS2 dies or not, I wonder? Only the fact of the matter is, Nintendo are still making pots of money (particularly as they've got the two consoles), and they're not looking like they're going to go out of business any time soon. Personally, as long as Nintendo keep getting their barrelfuls of cash, I couldn't care less if Sony made enough money to buy a huge, commemorative golden moustache for all of their employees.
I'm new here by the way, folks. So don't throw eggs at me just yet.

~Waddle Dedede
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2002, 04:24:13 PM »
To me, PS2 has been always been dead in the first place. Like, I was talking to some guy a few months ago, and he agreed that they didn't have any good games but he thought they would later. And now, considering the decline of PS2, that will likely never happen, thank goodness.
Yave you guys noticed how they never say "Microsoft XBox"? They just call it xbox and it's like they're trying to draw no association between the two. I guess it's beacuse it's such a bad and low-selling system. And is XP really doing bad? I hadn't heard that.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2002, 04:31:25 PM »
Oh yes. The reason that GCN hasn't gotten top selling yet is just because they haven't released their really really good games yet. I mean, Luigi's Mansion was good, but nobody really knew or something. And SSBM is good too, but nobody seemed to know either, which is weird. But once they release their blockbuster series of Super Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures, The Legend of Zelda and F-Zero GC and I'm sure I've heard of a few more really good games, I expect that Nintendo will once again reign supreme. Just like it was before dumb old Sony tried to come on the scene.

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2002, 03:42:32 PM »
I am glad you guys agree with me about this.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 8/20/2002 2:47:30 PM

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2002, 05:40:07 PM »
If there's one thing worse than X-Box, then...hmm....oh now I remember!  My older brother!  Well at least the X-Box doesn't beat you up every day.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2002, 10:24:37 PM »
Dang, you're funny.

That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2002, 01:27:31 PM »
Yeah, and it doesn't stink of rotting fish*, either. Or does it? I don't know...

*My older brother does not stink of rotting fish as I do not have one.

~Waddle Dedede
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2002, 10:30:17 PM »
You like asterisks, don't you?

That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2003, 01:38:29 AM »
The PS2 and the X-Box are dying.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2003, 12:35:02 AM »
I Highly doubt PS2 will be dying yet, but Xbox has a chance in 3-4 years especially in Japan where it is selling the least
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2003, 06:12:14 AM »
Compare the worldwide sales of GameCube, PS2, and Xbox and then you will realize... Xbox is already dead! I always despised Microsoft for creating the Xbox.

What I originally said about the PS2 was all wrong. Sony has had tons of success since the release of their Network Adapter, and various platforming games (Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank). And many new online titles are coming over to PS2 and not Xbox! Yeah, I knew Sony would make a comeback!

Why is Nintendo still neglecting online gaming? If theyt are still reluctant to make online games, then why did they even release their modem/broadband adapters? That was one of Nintendo's stupid ideas...

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2003, 02:28:13 PM »
I have hated Sony and Microsoft ever since they wanted to beat Nintendo.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/3/2003 5:54:55 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2003, 04:36:58 PM »
Wise you are, nintendofreak.
 n/a

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2003, 05:39:20 PM »

Wrong thread, Chuck.

I think you meant to post here.

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2003, 06:25:22 PM »
i highly dought ps2 will die, rumors have it next year sony is releasing a ps3 which is more powerful then xbox and can still play ps1, ps2 games. And why do you people keep saying on august 26 gamecube will be bettert hen ps2. I have always loved nintendo i just gotta know.

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2003, 06:54:11 PM »
What the heck is that supposed to mean,
BM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why must you always criticise me?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Step off!
~N.F.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/4/2003 2:22:16 PM

Deezer was here.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2003, 10:04:53 AM »
PS3 is not coming next year. It's expected to be released sometime in 2006.

What you are thinking of is probably the PSX. It is a new version of PS2 that can record DVD's and CD's and has a 120GB hard drive and can record television shows! Unfortunately, it will cost over $1000!

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2003, 11:48:35 AM »
DDRMAX2 is coming out for PS2 in a few months. That means the system is DEFINITELY not dead. In my mind. :)

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 8/4/2003 10:51:04 AM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2003, 12:22:01 PM »
"What the heck is that supposed to mean, BM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why must you always criticise me?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Step off! ~N.F."

You're right. That was completely un-necessary, on my part. I will stop my constant criticism of you, Nintendofreak.

It seems I've become a hypocrite to my own words, and I am the one whom needs to grow up. Once more, I apologize, Nintendofreak. I will make an attempt to take better control of my irritable nature from now on.

Furthermore, I will apologize to all of the members here, as I haven't been the friendliest person as of late. I will not make excuses for it, nor are any necessary. I will simply say, I'm finished with any one line responses, and/or insulting responses. I'm sorry.

Heh, it almost feels like when I first joined the forums. >>;

--Forgot to check that HTML Box.

Edited by - Black Mage on 8/4/2003 11:24:23 AM

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2003, 01:52:03 PM »
Black Mage: Do NOT let lighthearted joking be stopped by stiffs. Some people appreciate it too much. Like me! :)

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2003, 03:20:52 PM »
You hate me, don't you LD?

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/4/2003 2:21:25 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2003, 05:49:16 PM »
See, Black Mage, you can't let things like that (see above post) stop you.

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2003, 11:33:06 PM »
I will not be insulted for your pleasure, Lizard Dork!!

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/4/2003 10:36:05 PM
Deezer was here.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2003, 08:13:38 AM »
Guys, all of you knock it off and be mature about this, or I'll have to close this thread...

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2003, 09:58:01 AM »
But Mom! He started it!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2003, 10:04:18 AM »
Don't you "But Mom" me, mister! Now go to your room! NOW!  ;P

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/5/2003 9:04:52 AM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2003, 10:07:25 AM »
Wah! I don't WANNA!

(At least I didn't get spanked.)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2003, 10:12:12 AM »
Oh boo-hoo. Save it for drama class. Now MARCH! Don't make me take away your message board privileges...

(You would like that, wouldn't you?)

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/5/2003 9:14:04 AM

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2003, 10:17:18 AM »
I'd like to see you try! The public outrage ALONE would murder your career! *goes to room and plays video games.

(Stop talking about yourself in the second person.)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2003, 10:23:52 AM »
Ha ha, right. I'm so scared.

Hey, you're in your room to be punished, not to play video games!
*confiscates all systems as well as any other electronics in room*

(I don't talk to myself, especially in the 2nd person. You only just wish that I had.)

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/5/2003 9:30:24 AM

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2003, 10:30:04 AM »
NO! MOM! You've...confiscated...my...PACEMAKER!!! AHHH! *starts writhing around on floor*

(Well, I guess it's good that you don't believe in corporal punishment...)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2003, 10:32:46 AM »
Oh wah. Stop your drama. You don't even HAVE a Pacemaker.

(Ha, I actually *DO* happen to believe in corporal punishment.)

--------------------

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2003, 10:38:17 AM »
Put...it...back.......in...ugh...*continues writhing*

(So then spank me already.)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2003, 10:43:44 AM »
If you don't quit that drama, then you'll be in there for the whole remainder of the day--with no dinner, either.

(I repeat: you would like that, wouldn't you, LD?)

--------------------

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2003, 10:54:20 AM »
Hmm...No response, eh?
*dusts off hands with look of satisfaction*
Well, I guess that takes care of that...

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/5/2003 10:03:36 AM

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2003, 12:26:42 PM »
x_x  <------DEAD

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2003, 01:04:09 PM »
*pokes LD with a stick*
Uh oh... *pokes him again* Eee hee hee...

*LD is quickly sent to the emergency room, where doctors are frantically trying to revive him. His status still remains critical*

--------------------

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2003, 01:20:01 PM »
What does confistcate mean?

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/5/2003 12:20:59 PM
Deezer was here.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2003, 01:24:30 PM »
To take away, usually as a penalty.

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2003, 05:58:59 PM »
Doctor: Well, Miss Sapphira, there is only one way to save this man. It looks like he needs his pacemaker put back in. And not just any pacemaker, his pacemaker. I have no idea where it could have gone.

Doctor: (That or spank him.)

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 8/5/2003 5:00:03 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2003, 06:05:42 PM »
Fine, here's his stupid pacemaker... But that's *IT* in the electronics. Any electronic device with a screen he cannot use--unless, of course, it is absolutely VITAL to his health. (And no, a GBA is not vital to his health.)

(In his dreams...)

--------------------

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2003, 06:10:49 PM »
Ugh. Did anyone get the number of that truck that hit me? *looks around* Where am I? And who are you two? Uh...

Doctor: Clearly, this man has a severe case of acute amnesia.

(You're the psychic dream controller.)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2003, 08:28:15 PM »
(My psychic powers have taken over; I can no longer control them.  The only powers *I've* done is to *haunt* people in their dreams... Apparently my powers are trying to do something else, and against my command, at that.)

--------------------

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2003, 08:42:01 PM »
That is one nutty hospital-Bill Murray, Tootsie.
I don't know what's wierder... Sapphira being the Mom of someone older than her, or her fixation with he Simpsons, or my signature...

Hamster Sauce!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2003, 09:56:15 PM »
Sapphira, you shouldn't, as a mod, threaten to close topics, especially for something trivial as this.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2003, 10:22:39 PM »
May I threaten to close topics?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2003, 12:03:07 AM »
GOOHEHEHEH
Why not? You can't anyway.
GOOHEHEHEH

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2003, 06:36:33 AM »
I wasn't actually going to close it.  I'm not some power-hungry ogre. XD  Sometimes I make empty threats to scare people into shape...  I apologize for that. XD

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/6/2003 5:37:20 AM

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2003, 10:55:38 PM »
wait wait wait, you people still havent anwserd my question. What is happening on august 26 that will make gamecube better then ps2

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2003, 02:37:42 PM »
The answer is Super Mario Sunshine.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2003, 09:14:43 AM »
PS2's not dying, Sega Namco and Activision are still supporting Sony, spongebob sucks

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Duh, I'm stupid" says spongebob
"Darn right" says Mario with a chainsaw and a Jason mask. He then cut him into tiny pieces, cuts his brain in half, spongebob dies, the world lives happilly ever after, The End.
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2003, 12:21:31 PM »
I fail to see how insulting Spongebob is relevant to this topic, let alone EVERY SINGLE OTHER TOPIC you've posted in.

If you don't have something constructive to say, then, please, shut your mouth.
Thank you; that is all.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2003, 05:56:40 PM »
PS2 should die. The PS2 blows because it doesn't have the good games like Mario and Zelda and because the PS2 is outdated technology. Also, out of the PS2's so many games, only several of them are good. The only reasons the PS2 is ahead is because it was released 1 year before and because many teenagers are too stupid to realize that GameCube is much better.

Now for the X-Box.
The X-Box is even worse than the PS2 because all of its games are bad and the X-Box is living on Halo and once Halo runs out of fans, the X-Box is dead. Most of its hits are ports of the PS2 and GameCube. The X-Box is in last place in sales.

So, the moral of the post is:
PS2 and X-Box SUCK ROTTEN EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - NiNtEnDoFrEaK on 8/22/2003 7:13:34 PM

Deezer was here.

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2003, 05:31:18 PM »
Hey, what about Halo 2? And the PS2 is getting DDRMAX2 in November! But GameCube Zelda 2 is in development! No system is dead.

Also, EGM seems to think Nintendo will be the first to roll out their next-gen console this time around. At least according to that Q-Man fellow they employ.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2003, 04:12:56 PM »
Hey, Sapphira. I'm not trying to argue, or anything like that. I'm just saying, Alucard should keep that sig. Yes, I know, he does need to stop saying "spongebob sucks" after every single posts he makes (enspecilly when it has nothing to do with topic), but he is telling the truth. spongebob. Must. Die. And whats wrong with making Mario be the one to kill him? I remember on a magizine were a guy at E3 said "Mario will never start shooting hookers", as opposed to GTA. Well, thats not nessiserolly true (sorry for my bad spelling). Remember that post titled "What if Siguro Miyamoto retires"? Well, what if Rockstar games buys Mario? Anyway, I think it should be okay to have a violent sig. Enspecially, when it has to do with killing spongebob.

How the heck did this happen?-Lonic, after being created when Sonic the Heghog and Link fused togather
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2003, 06:49:52 PM »
Hey! spongebob is cool!  Don't dis the yellow sponge!

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2003, 08:47:31 PM »
No he isn't. He sucks. There, I just dised the "yellow sponge". And I wanted Sapphira to answer back, not you.

How the heck did this happen?-Lonic, after being created when Sonic the Heghog and Link fused togather
Professional Paisano here

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2003, 03:55:55 PM »
While I couldn't care less either way about Sponge Bob, bluntly insulting something, no matter what it is, is highly immature, unintelligent-sounding and, frankly, annoying, at that.

And, also, I don't think one should have brutal violence in his or her post, but maybe that's just my personal opinion.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/22/2003 2:57:11 PM

Print