Print

Author Topic: Is the PS2 dying?  (Read 14396 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2002, 11:11:05 PM »
I need to go to Funcoland. It seems that everywhere else in Tulsa no one has it installed yet. And have you people noticed lately how jaggy the PS2 looks compared to GameCube? And have you noticed how bad the textures on XboX are? See, I have no malice toward Dreamcast... but the other two non-game companies' systems are goin' down the drain. As soon as I get to Wal-Mart. Heheh. Why did Microsoft even go into the Video Game business? And don't anybody go blabbin' on about Bill Gates. He didn't even come up with the idea and he's been forced to be only the "software architect". This was before they started making up the Xbox. Or at least started making it. Oh yeah, have you heard that it scratches its own discs? Ha! And what good games are you talking about, Sey me? All the crummy PS2 has is a bunch of sports, fighers and shooters. No good characters, (Yeah, Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot don't even register in my consciousness), and it's dull, hard to program for, hence the bad GFX, and they're trying to have a monopoly. What is the point of arguing with me? I am the master of telling people why PS2 (& one) and XB are bad.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2002, 07:58:48 AM »
The only reason that PS2 is doing better than GameCube is because it was released long before GameCube was.  It got a lot of time being the only "awsome" looking one out there.  Apparently though, PS2 is only 2-Player, which falls behind the 4-Player hype, and has blocky games, as well as a wierd controller.  I think Nintendo will always have the successes no matter what!

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2002, 12:04:58 PM »
For right now GAMECUBE is in 2nd place for vidoe game cosoles. PS2 is doing good because it has more "grown up games". Once Nintendo has released The Legend of Zelda for GAMECUBE, Nintendo will be #1.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2002, 01:34:31 PM »
personally, i dont give a ****, cause i dont play any new **** because they let me down.

the ones who tried to ban me will be banned!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2002, 01:39:37 PM »
I agree with you guys 100%. PS2 technology is extremely outdated compared to GameCube and XBox. Also, more developers are finding that the 'Cube is a much easier system to program for, since one of the main problems of the PS2 was it's difficult program features.

Sony still has hopes for their aging system. But now that I think about it, the PS2 actually has a less of a chance of surviving than the XBox, since it is now considered "old news". The only thing that can keep the PS2 alive is their poorly-anticipated online service, which right now, is Microsoft's main priority. PS2 will eventually fail, though--because not many new games are being released for the system, and it is quickly losing support from 3rd-party companies.

Microsoft is just digging themselves into a much deeper hole since the introduction of Windows XP. The XBox is simply a weak attempt by the company to try to appeal to a wider consumer audience. Obviously, they have failed in this aspect, seeing as how the XBox is doing so poorly! Ha ha! Stupid Microsoft!

Once Super Mario Sunshine is released, Nintendo will suddenly skyrocket to the top! Ironically, if many gamers are interested in mainly "adult" games, then why didn't Eternal Darkness get any hype when it was released? Another big game for Nintendo will be StarFox Adventures. That game has recieved more hype than the new Zelda game!
I think that Nintendo has the brightest future of all the companies! They have survived countless threats from Sony and SEGA, so why misjudge them now?

---

Nintendo is like a religion to me, and Shigeru Miyamoto is the God of it.

A world without Nintendo is a world without videogames.

Congratulation''s Nintendo, for over 25 years of videogame excellence!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2002, 03:41:03 PM »
Does it matter whether or not the PS2 dies or not, I wonder? Only the fact of the matter is, Nintendo are still making pots of money (particularly as they've got the two consoles), and they're not looking like they're going to go out of business any time soon. Personally, as long as Nintendo keep getting their barrelfuls of cash, I couldn't care less if Sony made enough money to buy a huge, commemorative golden moustache for all of their employees.
I'm new here by the way, folks. So don't throw eggs at me just yet.

~Waddle Dedede
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2002, 04:24:13 PM »
To me, PS2 has been always been dead in the first place. Like, I was talking to some guy a few months ago, and he agreed that they didn't have any good games but he thought they would later. And now, considering the decline of PS2, that will likely never happen, thank goodness.
Yave you guys noticed how they never say "Microsoft XBox"? They just call it xbox and it's like they're trying to draw no association between the two. I guess it's beacuse it's such a bad and low-selling system. And is XP really doing bad? I hadn't heard that.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2002, 04:31:25 PM »
Oh yes. The reason that GCN hasn't gotten top selling yet is just because they haven't released their really really good games yet. I mean, Luigi's Mansion was good, but nobody really knew or something. And SSBM is good too, but nobody seemed to know either, which is weird. But once they release their blockbuster series of Super Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures, The Legend of Zelda and F-Zero GC and I'm sure I've heard of a few more really good games, I expect that Nintendo will once again reign supreme. Just like it was before dumb old Sony tried to come on the scene.

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2002, 03:42:32 PM »
I am glad you guys agree with me about this.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 8/20/2002 2:47:30 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2002, 05:40:07 PM »
If there's one thing worse than X-Box, then...hmm....oh now I remember!  My older brother!  Well at least the X-Box doesn't beat you up every day.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2002, 10:24:37 PM »
Dang, you're funny.

That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2002, 01:27:31 PM »
Yeah, and it doesn't stink of rotting fish*, either. Or does it? I don't know...

*My older brother does not stink of rotting fish as I do not have one.

~Waddle Dedede
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2002, 10:30:17 PM »
You like asterisks, don't you?

That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2003, 01:38:29 AM »
The PS2 and the X-Box are dying.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2003, 12:35:02 AM »
I Highly doubt PS2 will be dying yet, but Xbox has a chance in 3-4 years especially in Japan where it is selling the least
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

Print