Print

Author Topic: The anchor in Super Mario Bros. 3  (Read 17949 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »
Darn you, Bird Person. Now you made me want to play Silver. Such good times...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 09:27:51 AM »
I deem the anchor useless, since I find it difficult to lose on the airships.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 09:36:10 AM »
Really? ...Wow, what stages don't you find it difficult to lose on?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 06:24:45 PM »
Well I've been playing Super Mario Bros. 3 ever since my youth. I've beaten it more times than I could ever count.
Ditto used Machop!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »
I deem the anchor useless, since I find it difficult to lose on the airships.
And even if you do lose, and the doomship moves somewhere else, you can just follow it.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 02:54:31 PM »
Yeah, except sometimes you have to play extra levels and stuff to get to it.
That was a joke.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 10:36:15 PM »
Like it was said in a previous post, World 5 is the only one it's annoying in, and that's only really if you keep losing on it and it goes back up to the sky. That castle can take some time.
I usually try to clear all the levels, makes for more fun, and easier if I mess up on the air ship.
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 12:41:20 PM »
I am a perfectionist to the last, and since downloading SMB3 earlier this year from virtual console I haven't skipped one level... I guess I just feel obliged that way; that, and it is easier to catch up with an airship with the whole map cleared.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »
Like it was said in a previous post, World 5 is the only one it's annoying in, and that's only really if you keep losing on it and it goes back up to the sky. That castle can take some time.
I usually try to clear all the levels, makes for more fun, and easier if I mess up on the air ship.
Ah, okay, that explains why you'd use it on World 5. I haven't played SMB3 in years, so I forgot all about the Anchor and what it did. I don't think the Anchor lets you resume from a part midway in the level (I don't think SMB3 had midway points anywhere). So it seems it's merely an item to make sure you don't have to travel across the map whenever you lose on the airship. Which makes it pointless. I believe an airship must be on the world map before you can use the anchor and get it out of your inventory.

I prefer the silver anchor. I don't remember the brown anchor, I don't think there's any difference between them other than a required color palette change.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print