Print

Author Topic: Boss Rush on Intense  (Read 15431 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: April 04, 2008, 06:49:36 PM »
I've done almost every challenge on the "wall" except this one. I tried like 20 times with all of my best characters. All have failed. But the farthest I've gotten is with Sonic and I beat 8 of them. Can anyone give me any tips or Strategies on how to beat Porky, Duon, and Galleom with taking much damage? Oh and, is it possible to open the case with a Golden Hammer? I need to know before I play 30 hours of Brawls.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »
I'm not sure how it's a rush.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »
Punch, punch, don't die.

And read the Boss Strategies at the Dojo.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:47:57 PM by Deezer »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:20:06 AM »
^ Well put.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 01:51:33 PM »
If it's too difficult, I'd suggest doing other challenges to improve your ability and then come back to it. To this day I haven't beaten like 10 of the Event Challenges in Melee (one's with the endless Pikachus, another's trying to get the Majora's Mask trophy, another's against Dr. Mario and white-outfit Peach who I swear have anvils in their fists). Doesn't bother me that much. I'd just try other areas in the meantime, then eventually go back to it when I'm not ticked off at Dr. Mario and try the challenge again. Given enough effort, eventually you'll get it. And if not, you'll probably have 30 hours accumulated by then that you can use some alternate method (if it exists).
You didn't say wot wot.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »
That's actually a good idea! But I found out that you can't use hammers for any challenges that require you to beat boss battles on certain levels of difficulty. I can beat it on Very Hard quite easily (That way you can get the Porky Statue Trophy) but It's too tough on intense mode...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 06:42:24 PM »
I'm particuarly fond of using Pit and Mirror Shielding pretty much every attack.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
I'm particuarly fond of using Pit and Mirror Shielding pretty much every attack.

That sounds like it could work. I'm gonna go try it out later.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »
I used Yoshi for this one. His double jump is perfect if you have high damage, since he does not flinch when he gets hit. Use his jump down + A attack (D aerial) and his eggs (Up + B).
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »
That's actually a good idea! But I found out that you can't use hammers for any challenges that require you to beat boss battles on certain levels of difficulty.
Those things are idiotic. Aside from maybe a few Cruel Brawl (impossible)-related things, the only stuff you can use it on is things that you'd probably already be able to beat.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 02:07:44 PM »
Those things are idiotic. Aside from maybe a few Cruel Brawl (impossible)-related things, the only stuff you can use it on is things that you'd probably already be able to beat.

For Cruel Brawl related challenges I made the alloys kill themselves. You see by Using Jigglypuff or a high jump character to float under the stage and grab on to the edge and go back and forth, the alloys will decide to attack you so they jump towards to attack you. then you let go of the edge and float to the other side. The alloys just fall and die.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
I've got to try that with Pit or something. This sounds like a very feasible technique.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 06:45:37 PM »
For Cruel Brawl related challenges I made the alloys kill themselves. You see by Using Jigglypuff or a high jump character to float under the stage and grab on to the edge and go back and forth, the alloys will decide to attack you so they jump towards to attack you. then you let go of the edge and float to the other side. The alloys just fall and die.
Oh, well... I suppose. I think that's what I've been doing before, but I guess I just wasn't sticking with it as an actual technique (then again, I've been primarily focusing on All-Star mode lately).

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »
I've got to try that with Pit or something. This sounds like a very feasible technique.
Pit isn't floaty enough for it. I've tried.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »
When Duon fires those homing missiles, get behind it so they come back and hit it. It causes massive damage.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print