Print

Author Topic: What happens when you get all 120 Shines?  (Read 16826 times)

« on: March 17, 2003, 04:31:37 PM »
I have gotten all 120 shines in SMS but nothing else has happened. Sure, the ending screen changes, but that's it. The headlines that keep popping up always say "...The Shine Gate has also opened..." What do I do here? Is there anything else... at all?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 01:09:47 AM »
No.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 03:03:04 PM »
Well that sucks.

Scratch here to reveal prize!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 06:46:21 PM »
Yeah! This really does! I went through the trouble of getting all 120 Shine Sprites, and nothing happens?! If there's nothing else, than why the **** does it keep saying "The Shine Gate has also opened"? And that pianta is always saying, "Are you sure this is the end of the game? I hope something else happens". I am really ticked off at this.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2003, 09:39:25 PM »
It says the Shine Gate opened even before you get all 120 Shines.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 07:28:20 PM »
So what's the point of it saying that?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 11:10:57 PM »
No point, but since you don't make any more progress in the game, it just keeps saying the same thing over and over. Time doesn't pass after you get 120 Shines, if you can think about it that way.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 10:05:10 AM »
I thought that Shiggy said something like you'll be surprised by the ending, or something similar to that effect. There's GOT to be more to that game than what they're telling us. I don't know what or how...
I've beaten the game 100% on all three files and nothing happened, but still...

(Hm, this is starting to sound a lot like that whole mysterious "Stop 'n' Swap" thing in Banjo-Kazooie.)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 11:13:15 PM »
He said "Something happens. Please look for it yourself."

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2003, 03:54:22 PM »
Sounds very suspicious to me. I really don't think he implied that the "something happens" is that the THE END picture would change.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 08:27:35 PM »
Nintendo wouldn't really just put a different ending screen after all the trouble.

Remember, anything's possible... if it happens.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2003, 08:53:23 PM »
Something that really makes me mad is the group of Toads standing there saying "Oh the Princess is gone!" I beat Bowser a bunch of times and they sit there "The Princess is gone!" Maybe there blind.

Maybe Nintendo is going to make a sequel "Super Mario Sunshine 2: The Shine Gate is Open" I don't know, but that is stupid that Nintendo made them do that.

On Super Mario 64 something special happens: Yoshi and the 99 lives thing.

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 5/29/2003 7:56:27 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2003, 10:58:58 PM »
But no one takes notice that you beat the game in SM64 either. You can get on the roof to Yoshi and get 100 lives without using the cannon.
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 11:25:46 AM »
That is to bad but what happened in Mario 64? All you got was to see yoshi and get 100 lives that's it.

Mario beats out all Nintendo Characters
Mario beats out all Nintendo Characters

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 10:11:29 PM »
Did you know about the sunglasses thing?
There was also a secret trophy for SSBM, but that was only in Japan.

Even though you beat the game, when it's open, my site will tell you a lot of things that you guys can do after you've beaten the game! My site's closed for now, but when it opens, you'll see EVERYTHING! I know stuff that you don't but I'm not telling anyone except on my site. (Don't get mad, get glad)! Trash bag commercial...

Oh, in SM64, Bowser says something different. I'll have a list of things that you can do for all the Mario games.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!

Edited by - jon on 6/26/2003 9:12:28 PM
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Print