Print

Author Topic: New Super Princess Peach screens (And a release date perhaps?)  (Read 9303 times)

« on: September 07, 2005, 12:00:09 PM »
http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0509/05/news038.html
Yeah..
At the end of the page it says "??? - 2005?10?20???"
As Far as I know, that means "Planned release date"
Correct me if I'm mistaken.

In other words, neat. But that's probably the Japanese release date, so we'll just have to wait for more info.

EDIT: Argh! Japanese font doesn't work. Dang.

Edited by - mariofan 7 on 9/7/2005 11:01:34 AM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 03:31:54 PM »
A literal translation of that sentence would be:

"Nintendo announced that it plans to release the Nintendo DS game called 'Super Princess Peach' on October 20, 2005."

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 03:35:02 PM »
Oh, whoops. You were talking about the table at the "end of the page." Yeah. Well, it means the same thing, anyway.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 06:11:01 PM »
I must be in the mood. ^_~

"We got this one, too! Captain!"

"Bowser! We did it! We finally caught that Mario!"

The Japanese in video games like this can be a little difficult to translate accurately sometimes because there are no kanji (Chinese characters) to clarify meanings of the words. For example, the word that I translated as "Captain" is written as "Taicho–" in the screenshot; there are at least six different words with that pronunciation (and they all have different kanji).

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 07:11:33 PM »
Sweet! (I say that too much)  It looks great.  I hope the whole game looks like a cartoon because it's different in a cool way.  Now Deezer has a little more work to do!  Or whoever does that stuff, I forget.

Who will save our super friends now?
Peach-"I'll do it!  Wait right there, Mario, 'cause I'm--"
Yoshi-"Beepoo!" *runs off and steals the game*

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/8/2005 12:16:05 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 10:30:40 AM »
I heard a very unlikely rumor that the Koopa Kids would return in this game according to someone at Deviant Art.  I clicked on the link they had and all I saw was a sprite for Morton Koopa.  So this probably isn't real but you never know.  Just thought I would spread that around like a bad cough.
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 06:49:55 PM »
Well YRex, if you noticed the sprites in SPP are very similar to the ones from Mario & Luigi: Superstar saga. So he probably just linked you to the sprite of Morton Koopa from M&L.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 12:26:39 AM »
I personally can't believe this game is still being developed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 02:36:04 AM »
http://ds-x2.com/index.php?id=4557  <==  55 new Super Princess Peach screens
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 03:50:36 PM »
Hey, looks like fun already!  It also looks like Yoshi's Island.  Neat.

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 05:41:09 PM »
Hold it, the levels are 2D, but one of the top screen shots is a kind of like Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 07:33:58 PM »
Maybe is has both!  Or maybe it's like SMB3 and SMW where you walk around on a map and then choose a level.  Good point, though.

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 02:04:15 PM »
Hold it, the levels are 2D, but one of the top screen shots is a kind of like Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

From the looks of it, the cut scenes with moving sprites seem to use recycled Mario & Luigi sprites while gameplay mode seems to use all new sprites.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 12:11:09 PM »
I think someone at Planet GameCube already reviewed this game, and scored it in the 8's. It did come out in Japan a while ago. But I think it's about time Peach got her own platforming adventure, seeing how much better she is in SSBM than Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Bowser.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 01:26:08 PM »
I've got it. I've only played the first world so far.  With the heart system like in SMB2 it's fairly easy, but I didn't visit all the area or get everything in all areas.  Since I can't read Japanese I played by trial and error.  Hmmm.  Maybe I should look for a FAQ translation later.

Edit:  http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/super_princess_peach_menu.txt  <--  Japanese Menu Translations
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 01:52:53 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print