Enamel Navy
4 (21.1%)
Other
6 (31.6%)
None
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Print

Author Topic: New Nintendo DS!  (Read 22538 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 05:14:36 PM »
For some reason, I can imagine playing two GBA games at once on a DS. I know it'll never happen, but... that would be so cool. :D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 02:05:38 AM »
I can't express the coolness that will be the Revolution downloads, especially since this is a DS remodel topic. But if you want to know them anyway, one point is that Nintendo doesn't actually have to pay to produce the individual downloads, so they should be really cheap. $5 a download is good enough for me, $10 if it's a really good game. Maybe even... free?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 12:46:46 PM »
I'm sure Nintendo will make a few games free. Maybe unpopular ones like Wario's Woods.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2006, 01:35:07 PM »
I want to play SMB1 some day.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2006, 05:07:24 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2006, 05:08:55 PM »
For image 6, GBA carts that don't have the white thing, will they stick out? Because I read that they would stick out.

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2006, 05:28:22 PM »

Anyone else notice the similarities in thier designs. Seems Nintendo is unifying the designs for brand recognition. Even though the scheme looks very similar to an iPod.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2006, 05:30:22 PM »
Those soft, less-clicky buttons seem to be back like the were with the GBM.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »
I like how they decided to do white.

But the Revolution is also doing many different colors.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2006, 06:05:42 PM »
I think many companies (Nintendo included) are using that color scheme to copy off of Apple Computer's success with it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2006, 07:03:07 PM »
What are those white things?  New GBA carts? they seem smaller than normal GBA carts. Are they DS lite exclusive?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2006, 07:03:56 PM »
I think their some kind of cover for the GBA game slot, but not sure.
I'm a horrible person.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2006, 07:43:12 PM »
They are GBA slot covers.  Yes, GBA carts will stick out.

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2006, 11:42:44 PM »
Meh.  I guess it's a small price to pay.  I never really used my GBA slot much anyway.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2006, 11:54:29 PM »
The white looks cool, but I'd rather have the enamel blue.  I have silver and blue DSs, and even had a very cool looking red one for a while.  I prefer the blue one by far.  The blue made the screen appear very slightly larger and brighter.  I think it's because it didn't reflect as much light as the silver and red ones.  Which color do you prefer?  http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/lite/color/index.html
* Luigison points at poll
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print