Print

Author Topic: NINTENDO AND AOL.COM SEEK THE FIRST CONSUMER TO PLAY REVOLUTION  (Read 4818 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:30:10 PM »
NINTENDO AND AOL.COM SEEK THE FIRST CONSUMER TO PLAY REVOLUTION
Sweepstakes Winner Will be First in the World to Play Nintendo's Next Home Console
REDMOND, Wash., April 20, 2006

Nintendo and AOL.com are in hot pursuit to pick one lucky video game fan to fly to Los Angeles to be the first in the world to play Nintendo's next home console, code-named Revolution.

After signing up at http://www.aol.com/nintendo-first-to-play , three finalists for Nintendo's First-to-Play Sweepstakes will attend Nintendo's international media briefing on May 9 prior to the start of the Electronics Entertainment Expo, the most important video game industry event of the year. The winner will appear on stage to experience the new console in front of thousands of top industry insiders and reporters.

"No consumer has ever played this new Nintendo system before," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "But more importantly, no one has ever interacted with video games in this way before. Our next home console will revolutionize how people play and experience video games."

The new Nintendo console will open the world of video games to new audiences through the use of its innovative controller. Shaped like a remote control, it allows users to direct the action on the television screen through the motion of the controller itself.

"As one of the leading game destinations on the Web, we are thrilled to partner with Nintendo to give our AOL Games community the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be the very first person to play the highly anticipated Revolution console," said Ralph Rivera, Vice President & General Manager, AOL Games.

People can enter the sweepstakes between April 21 and April 28 by registering at http://www.aol.com/nintendo-first-to-play . Entrants do not need to be members of AOL. Three finalists chosen at random will fly with one guest each for a two-night stay in Los Angeles. The three finalists will enjoy VIP seating at Nintendo's media briefing in Hollywood at the Kodak Theatre, home to the Oscars. One of the finalists will be selected at random to step onto the stage and usher in the new era of video games. Entrants must be 18 or older. For more information about Nintendo's First to Play Sweepstakes, visit http://www.aol.com/nintendo-first-to-play .
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 10:33:04 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:13:07 PM »
Grrr...I hate these guys. Why the heck do you have to be 18 years and older? I guess only some people on the FF can enter. Good luck!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 11:26:27 PM »
Because you're required to

1) Be 18 or older to go to E3
2) Have to be involved in some fashion with the industry (School for Game Design, working in the field, work at EB, ect.)

Needless to say, I'm also disapointed at the age rule. Well, I'm pretty sure the TMK staff won't need to enter since there's the chance they'll go to E3 again this year and might even be lucky enough to try some revolutionary demos. Whoever wins that sweepstakes though will be one lucky person.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 11:31:20 PM »
At least two staff will be at E3. Probably more.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 08:09:51 AM »
Interesting....I dont think Nintendo has ever held a "first-to-play" contest before.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 08:35:35 AM »
I'm entering this contest, I hope I'll win this prestegious contest, Being that i'm Nintendo's No. 1 fan.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 10:55:23 AM »
I feel ripped off cause I don't turn 18 till July :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 11:45:37 AM »
Thanks for sharing this with us, Luigison.

Only downside is that I just gave my e-mail address to AOL. Thems the breaks.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 12:29:04 PM »
I noticed a mistake someone made there.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »
I'm willing to bet the picture was wrong, not the text. And if that is true, they probably put a picture of SM64DS because they don't want the box art to be released yet (or don't have box art yet).

EDIT: I just checked the website, and there's a picture of the NSMB box art, along with the statement "New Super Mario Bros for DS." 'Sall.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:35:03 PM by bobman37 »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 12:37:45 PM »
I meant that the picture was incorrect. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: The offical rules further cloud the issue.
Quote from:  Nintendo First To Play Sweepstakes Official Rules
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, California to attend the Nintendo Media Briefing and will be given the opportunity to play the Nintendo Revolution video game system. Trip will take place between May 8, 2006 and May 10, 2006. Prize will include the following: one (1) standard double occupancy (two persons, one room) hotel accommodations for three (3) days / two (2) nights, round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) people from the major airport nearest the winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), ground transportation to/from airport to hotel, to/from hotel to the Kodak Theater (site of the Nintendo Media Briefing), Two Hundred US Dollars ($200) spending cash, one (1)Nintendo branded t-shirt, one (1) Nintendo DS Lite video game system and one (1) copy of Mario Bros. DS. (Approximate Retail Value: $4,000).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:42:55 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 01:32:09 PM »
It's a lawyer trick! They won't give you anything because Mario Bros. DS isn't even a game!

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 08:33:34 AM »
I also noticed the "mario DS" mistake, but that's AOL for you.
I can't enter though, I live in Canada, less than 20 minutes away from the US. Darn you, America! Darn you!

Print