Print

Author Topic: Deezer, why are you................  (Read 6648 times)

« on: March 07, 2003, 05:27:50 PM »
Why are you telling the HTML secret? EVERYBODY is gonna end up knowing it if you just HAND it out to anybody who asks!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 10:16:19 PM »
Dude, relax. Deezer only told me because I'm a trusted member of the TMK 1337. He also made me swear not to tell anyone else.

Plus, I almost had it figured out myself. He just told me like one essential step.

I fear the monkey in your soul.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 3/7/2003 8:17:54 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 10:30:35 PM »
I bet I know what that step is too. And it's the hardest one too, the one that allows you to bring the..................shouldn't say any more about it.

In that case, I bet he'd tell Insane Steve about it too if he asked. But he probably would want the satisfaction of finding it for himself, rather than cheating!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 10:44:19 PM »
Erg, if I care, I'll try and get it sometime. Maybe. From what I've seen of it, I likely won't, heh. Ah well.

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 11:44:17 PM »
Yep, CashCrazed, that's it.
Ah well, don't be surprised if you see me on the staff page one of these years...

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 01:32:48 AM »
Just remember . . .

"Don't call us, we'll call you."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 12:12:25 AM »
. . . And I haven't. :-P

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2003, 02:04:39 AM »
Choose Your Own Adventure!

1. Chupperson hasn't remembered the important saying, which may mean some risk-taking . . . . . turn to page 12

2. Chupperson hasn't called TMK, which may mean anything . . . . . turn to page 37

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2003, 02:22:02 PM »
What if I don't like those choices? I think I'll turn to a random page...

*Turns to page 27*

All of the sudden, the whole forum becomes a garbled mess of a split table, and now everyone is making "wedge" topics in an attempt to fix it, all while shouting invectives at you for "terrorizing the forums".

THE END -- YOU LOSE!

...Crap.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2003, 10:35:02 PM »
flipflipflipflip *turns to page 37*
"You fall asleep and wake up the next morning. Turn to page 22."

flipflipflip *turns to page 12*
"You fall into a deep, dark pit. A stranger calls to you from up above. "Howdy, Stranger!" Then, you get pneumonia and are never seen or heard from again. THE END"

Dang. What happens if... I go to page 117?
"This page does not exist. Turn to page 32."
*flips to page 32*
"You walk until you reach the point of no return. Then, you are whacked in the back of the head and wake up in a cold sweat, in a cell on Alcatraz Island. You wonder what became of all the people you once knew. THE END"

Well, the story of my life as a choose your own adventure... strange.

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2003, 02:00:30 AM »
Weird . . . . Chupperson Weird.

I wonder what's on page 1? How does Chupperson's life begin?

Oh, and my compliments to both of you, Steve and Chupperson. You are very funny. I was not expecting that anyone would go on with the the choose-your-own-adventure idea, but I laughed when I read your posts.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2003, 01:15:06 AM »
Thanks. Now, let's see...
*page 1*
"The year is 1549 AD. A star can be seen in the sky. Suddenly, a strange spacecraft lands in the middle of someone's backyard. You wonder who had backyards in 1549 AD, and slowly emerge from your spaceship. You look around and...

To explore the immediate vicinity, turn to page 117.
To go back where you came from, turn to page 2."

Now, I'll tell you what's on page 2...

"You hit an invisible shield just underneath the stratosphere. You are trapped here for the rest of your life, or the end of time, whichever comes first."

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2003, 05:21:29 PM »
Ha ha hah!!!

Heh, the way you have the page numbering is about right, too. Why on Earth doesn't the other choice go to page 3?! It's confusing on purpose.

Choose-your-own-adventure-style discussion could be an interesting idea for your next BORED topic.

Also, your sentence, "You wonder who had backyards in 1549 AD, and slowly emerge from your spaceship," reminds me either of my PURPOSELESS site or of Douglas Adams' style of writing; I'm not sure which.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2003, 10:12:16 PM »
Ah, my life as a Choose-your-own-adventure novel.

You wake up alone, lost in a large city. It's rather dark outside. A guy you've never seen before Offeres to help you out of the city. He seems pretty trustworthy. Do you:

Trust him? Turn to page 14.
Say "Screw you!" and go it alone? turn to page 31.

Page 14

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? TRUST HUMANITY?????? MAN, YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS SAYING WHAT I SHOULD DO!

Just turn to Page 31 before I hurt you.

Page 31.

The man, although a bit miffed, lets you go on your way. Man, you haven't a clue where you are. You see two paths. One left, one right. Do you:

Take the right path? Go to page 22
Take the left path? Go to page 40.

Page 22.

You take the right path. It leads you into a dark alley. Suddenly, you are attacked by a shadowy figure, who presumably only attacks you for your money. Too bad; he accidently kills you.

THE END -- YOU HAVE DIED.

Page 40.

You take the left path. It leads you eventually to a lighted maze of streets. You see a car with its keys still in the ignition and the door wide open. You have a learner's Permit, so you have an excuse if you mess up. Do you:

Pass the car and walk? Go to page 6.
Hop in and drive? Go to page 18.

Page 6

You decide to walk, seeing how your driving skills aren't up to par. Suddenly, a drunken idiot swerves off the side of the road. He nails you head on, and drives away, leaving what is left of you behind. What you don't live to see is the 5 dollars he won from his equally drunk friend for doing that as part of a bet.

THE END -- YOU HAVE DIED.

Page 18

Why not? You hop in the car. Suddenly, a drunken idiot is driving at about 3 times the legal limit (Speed and alcohol), and is heading straight for you. Do you:

Go right at him and hope you survive? Go to page 43.
Swerve away, not knowing where you'll go? GO to page 12.

Page 43

You head right for him. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Luck out. Pffffft. You're playing as ME, here. As expected, you get decapitated and mangled, while the drunk survives with only minor injuries.

THE END. YOU HAVE DIED.

Page 12

You swerve out of the way. You travel well off the road, through a corn field... and arrive... in your home town! You begin walking to your house (Drive? After that incident?) and suddenly you see a convertible with some shady figures in it. One of them shoots you for no apparent reason. Looks like you dressed a bit too much like a rival gang member today.

THE END -- YOU WIN (BUT YOU ARE STILL DEAD)

Aren't I the eternal optimist?

~I.S.~

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2003, 12:36:56 AM »
Now that's about the manliest (longest) post I've ever seen. I'm not saying it's the longest anyone has ever done, just the longest -I- have seen.

Steve, that's great. I never realized that the choose-your-own-adventure format could be so good for creating my type of humor. Feel free to keep it coming, guys! I might even give it a shot myself one of these days . . .

More of my type of humor:
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail57.html

Print