Print

Author Topic: Enterplay Introduces Mario Trading Cards  (Read 5174 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 07, 2007, 06:46:19 PM »

Enterplay (not to be confused with Interplay) has announced a new line of trading cards that'll feature Mario and Friends. The company is probably best known for their line of Nintendogs cards. If those cards are any indication, these will be priced at 2.99 American coins per pack. According to their horribly designed website, the packs (or "paks") will include trading cards and other fun stuff that'll draw inspiration from Mario's adventures, friends, and foes.

No release date is given, but sometime this year isn't a bad guess.

Link: Enterplay LLC
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »
Must... buy... then slap self for wasting money...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »
But it's not a card game. Guess it's not for me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 12:37:21 AM »
Mmmmbwahahahaaaaa... I like how Peach is poking the logo... for no particular reason, it just looks funny.
Unless the vast heaps of Mario RPG characters make it, I don't see how enough cards for a real collection could happen... unless it's like "This Goomba is the first one in Super Mario Bros., you know, after the first ? block..." and then "This Goomba is the first of the two near the flagpole in 1-1. It's a bit older than the one after it." Well if part of the profits go to Nintendo then I'm fine with their existence.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 02:35:30 AM »
What the? They always have Mario on everything!
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »
Yeah! You know, what's he doing in New Super Mario Bros. anyways? Okay, not the best point, but isn't it a bit odd to say something like that on... a message board like this?

The cards look interesting, but probably only good for real collectors... well obviously only for real collectors, but I might end up buying them just because of the price.
I'm a horrible person.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 06:17:04 PM »
The cards look interesting, but probably only good for real collectors... well obviously only for real collectors, but I might end up buying them just because of the price.
Did I forget this fine print on the post?

actual prices may very, see store for details. Super-Jesse assumes no responsibility for price changes due to inflation, mario love, or lack of oil rigs.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print