Print

Author Topic: The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters Opens August 17  (Read 3457 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:23:24 PM »
Old-school gamers step into the spotlight in this feature documentary about the original Donkey Kong.

Aug 17, 2007- This Friday, August 17, a documentary called The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters is headed to theaters. The movie follows the stories of two very different people — a middle school science teacher named Steve Wiebe and an entrepreneur named Billy Mitchell — with one thing in common: kicking booty at the original arcade version of Donkey Kong. With a slot in the Guinness Book of World Records on the line, the two fight it out for DK domination, all the way to a dramatic ending in which one is crowned king.

Gamer or no, The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters offers an intriguing and humorous look into the lives of two incredibly determined men, and what drives them to be the very best at everything they do, including playing a 26-year-old video game.

If you’re wondering who ends up being crowned king, then check the schedule below to see if The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters is coming to a theater near you.

NOW PLAYING
New York (IFC Centre & AMC Empire)
Los Angeles (Landmark Nuart)
Seattle (Landmark Varsity)
Austin, TX (Alamo Drafthouse)

AUGUST 24
San Francisco (Landmark Lumiere)
Berkeley (Landmark Shattuck)
Chicago (Landmark Century Centre)
Minneapolis (Landmark Lagoon)
Washington, DC (Landmark E Street)
Boston (Landmark Kendall Square)
Portland, OR (Cinema 21)

August 31
Ft. Lauderdale (Las Olas 15)
Dallas (Inwood 3)
Kansas City (Studio 30)
Pleaseantville, NY (Jacob Burns)
Salt Lake City (Broadway 6)
San Diego (Landmark Ken)

September 7
Atlanta (Landmark Midtown)
San Antonio (Crossroads 6) (Ed. Note: Yay.)

September 14
Nashville (Belcourt)
September 21
St. Louis (Landmark Tivoli)

September 28
Iowa City (Bijou)

To Be Announced
Portland, ME (Movies on Exchange)
Hartford, CT (Cinestudio)
Ann Arbor (State)
Columbus (Drexel)
Madison (Sundance)

<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print