Print

Author Topic: Pros and Cons of SSBM  (Read 2733 times)

« on: January 21, 2002, 10:06:01 AM »
Post what you like and hate about SSBM here, I guess (unless this has been posted before).

For me, here's what I find as pros:

1. Falco!
2. The Kraid, Ridley, and Koopa Troopa trophies
3. The fact that somehow, HAL managed to find a voice for Slippy (Star Fox 64 member) that sounds LESS annoying
4. The Brinstar Depths stage
5. The Pokemon are 3D now instead of sprites

And here are some cons:

1. How a few trophies are 2D and pixelated on purpose. I REALLY wish they didn't do that for Birdo!
2. The voices they got for the Star Fox 64 members (geez they're awful!)
2. The Infinite Glacier stage
4. Jigglypuff made it back into SSBM.
5. The new color change for Yoshi that wasn't in the original is pink. Pink.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 11:26:46 AM »
Pros: ...just about everything in the game

cons: jigglypuff, pikachu, and pichu
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2002, 11:53:02 AM »
pros:every thing their is in the game including an improed version of jigglypuff(some people can kick butt with her belive it or not)
cons:what are cons again? so thats what it is? hey ssbm has no cons then!!!!!!!!
and go to the general board and see the petion agnist grimsack!!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2002, 04:18:18 PM »
     I like that Jiggaly Puff is back. I don't use her that much, but without her they wouldn't have all the original characters. I love how the battle areas better. They can do much more than they used to. A very big improvment! I like most of the game. A very large amount of it! But one thing I don't care for is the 2D trophies. They should have made Birdo and Piget 3D. I am not shure that I like that Daisy's trophis has an eye in the back of her head or not. (Read that somewhere elese on the forum.) I tried it and it is true! Just zoom from under her hair and look at the back of her head! I aslo don't like that the stamina mode in the speacial melee has not winner screen. Try to play it and when it's over it doesn't say who's won :( And there may be a few outher things I don't care for. But most of the game is great! A large amount of the Game is great!

(My two favorite worlds in Super Mario Brothers 3 are PipeLand and DarkLand. PipeLand is chalenging. It''s for experinced players. DarkLand is the final world. There is two Tanks, one LavaShip, and one DoomShip to go through before you get to Bowser''s Castle. Them two worlds are the most changing.) (Please join Mario Survivor in the Story Board)

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2002, 05:28:51 PM »
Pros: Everything

Cons: D amn Giga Bowser.....

P.S Here's what AMF probably would say:

Pros: Dr.Mario is in it

Cons: It's too violent! Only puzzle games are good! fighting games are a waste of time, bla bla bla, puzzle games all the way, bla bla bla, fast reflexs not important, bla bla bla.

*Dramanization, may not have happened*

Edited by - Red Ninja Koopa on 1/21/2002 3:37:35 PM
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2002, 06:28:35 PM »
Pros: Everything except the pokemon.
Cons: The pokemon.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2002, 06:29:07 PM »
Actually, the only Pros to the game is that it's selling so well and that it's a very violent fighting game. If you like very violent fighting games that sell really well, then SSBM is for you!

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2002, 06:34:17 PM »
Anonymous Mario Fan is back!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2002, 08:46:59 AM »
I've never played Super Smash Bros. Melee, but what I don't understand is how much more violent is it when compared to the original Smash Bros.?

It's nothing like Mortal Kombat or Tekken (with all the blood and fatalities...). So how can it be very violent? The original Smash Bros. was pretty brutal, and it was enjoyed by alot of young kid gamers... And I'm sure they've played Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter all the time!

And I really like the original Smash Bros. I loved using Link and Mario to kick Pikachu's a-ss!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2002, 02:40:56 PM »
When I was a little kid I used to play Mortal Combat alot. That's much more violent. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, when you fall off the level, you hear the character scream, and some light comes up. In Mortal Combat, they fall about 50 feet, and then get impaled by bloody spikes. Super Smash Bros. Melee is much less violent.

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2002, 03:12:20 PM »
     Even though it's not very vilent I like the Game alot. I'm surprised it was rated T. That's the same rating as Killer Instinct! It's much less vilent than that. Why do they consider it so differnt from the original?????

(My two favorite worlds in Super Mario Brothers 3 are PipeLand and DarkLand. PipeLand is chalenging. It''s for experinced players. DarkLand is the final world. There is two Tanks, one LavaShip, and one DoomShip to go through before you get to Bowser''s Castle. Them two worlds are the most changing.) (Please join Mario Survivor in the Story Board)

Print