Print

Author Topic: Dropped In The (Paper) Pit  (Read 4250 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:14:21 PM »
Unless you didn't get a Wii, anyone reading this board has probably already beaten, or at least played, the main story of Super Paper Mario. However, how many can say they went to the Pit of 100 Trials and lived to tell about it? I am proud to say I only know of two people: Me, and Stephen Totilo from mtv.com. Unlike me, who simply yelled at the TV as I progressed, Stephen contemplated how "the Pit" takes gamers back to the "good old days" of Pac-Man, where the thrill came from just trying to hang on as long as possible. Overall, it's a great article that'll carry you through his experience, and maybe even give you an itch to enter the Pit, or try it once more.

A warning to our readers: This article may contain spoilers, so click at your own risk.

Link: mtv.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 07:35:10 PM »
"The," eh? Don'tcha know there are two?
Yes, I beat the Flipside one. I looked up what was at the bottom of the Flopside one. I'll do the Flopside one eventually.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 05:25:14 AM »
I've beaten the Flipside pit, and come rather close to beating the Flopside pit (last time I tried, I died on floor 93). I also liked the music in both pits.

Unless you didn't get a Wii,
Deezer has a Wii now.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »
I beat both Flipside and Flopside Pits (the Flopside Pit twice). And I'm pretty sure thousands of other people have already too. It's all in the matter of what items to bring, what is the best character/Pixl to use in each situation, and at what your Score is at before you enter.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:06:15 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

Print