Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. information  (Read 37031 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 12:41:02 PM »
Nintendo.com added some new screens yesterday:  http://www.nintendo.com/screenshotgallery?gameid=ad5a45fd-b1c2-403c-970a-9e3ffa35a5b8

And some new art:  http://www.nintendo.com/artworkgallery?gameid=ad5a45fd-b1c2-403c-970a-9e3ffa35a5b8

<Luigison> If you don't get New SMB I will lose all respect for you.

Edit:  In case you missed it there was also a new scan a few days ago:  http://ds-x2.com/viewimage.php?t=1142109989&filename=../news/dennis/newsmb2.jpg
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 02:49:03 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 06:06:07 AM »
Hey, thanks!  I hadn't seen that scan, but I saw the screenshots a few minutes ago... which is why I came here to post, but you beat me to it.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 12:39:38 PM »
Sorry for the direct link.  The scan can be seen here:  http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc281&image=11997_10190_nsmb.jpg

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »
Sorry for the direct link.  The scan can be seen here:  http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc281&image=11997_10190_nsmb.jpg

Oh. My. GOSH.

This is looking cooler and cooler all the time. Once again this game looks to me like it will even outdo Super Princess Peach (which I now have) in utter awesomeness.

EDIT: Stupid me, I forgot to ask this question. Is it known yet if you need only one game card for 2-player, or do you need one for each system?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:05:42 PM by smfan1085 »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 04:49:09 PM »
I'll bet you need one for each DS, considering the size of the main game. However, Nintendo could still suprise us....
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 06:07:30 PM »
One thing: If the orignial SMB theme or some type of remix isn't used on the overworld levels (or at least some), I'll be disappointed. Nintendo can't go wrong with the original SMB theme.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 09:32:52 PM »
One thing: If the orignial SMB theme or some type of remix isn't used on the overworld levels (or at least some), I'll be disappointed. Nintendo can't go wrong with the original SMB theme.
It would be nice to hear the original theme, but I would also like to hear some new Mario music. I hope the music in the castles is as good as the castle music in Super Princess Peach....

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 10:58:35 PM »
New and old. That's what NSMB is all about, right? New things, old things.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 08:20:05 AM »
I'm sure the SMB theme will be somewhere in the game. Somewhere.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 12:27:30 PM »
There was some new info in the latest Nintendo Power (203). Things like 80+ worlds, world Map, description of each of the 8 worlds, minigame info and some new pics. Does anyone have a scan of these pages?
As for the classic Mario theme. It'll probably be in the game, but perhaps not in a level. They may do something like they did in Mario 64, where the theme was at the beginning and littered throughout small portions of the game. While I love the Mario Theme, I want newer themes like the one we hear in the promo vids. It's different but it still feels "Mario" which is great.
And BTW, Hi. I'm new to the board. Mario Forever!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:34:21 PM by Suzaku »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 06:28:14 PM »
80 WORLDS??? Do you mean individual levels, or actual worlds with several levels in them?

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 07:19:01 PM »
No, 80 Levels, sorry. Man, 80 worlds would just be ridiculous (not that I'd complain)
There are 8 worlds in all (probably not counting secret worlds, if any). According to NP, the themes are Plains, Desert, Tropical Island, Forest, ice, Mountain, Sky, Bowser's Hideout. The level order seems very Mario 3 to me, though
NP also said that levels will have multiple exits (a la Mario World) and have Mario 64-esque missions.
Also, all the Mario 64 Minigames are included and some have been redone with multiplayer modes!
This is sounding like a kick-tush Mario game.
@ smfan - Apologies.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 08:18:02 PM by Suzaku »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 07:47:48 PM »
Last comment = agh.
The SM64DS mini games, you mean? Cool, cool. But, we already have those... New mini games of that quality would be appreciated.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »
Dude! Adofjas;ldkfjlaksjdf!!! MUST... GET... THIS... GAME!!

And no offense, Suzaku, but you might want to edit the third-to-last word in your last post, or the moderators might do it instead. The rules here are stricter than on some other boards.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to TMK. :)

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2006, 08:24:22 PM »
Yeah, it'd be nice if they were new minigames, but whatever, nobody's getting this game for the Minigames. We're getting it for the old-school, hardcore mario gameplay!! Less than a month and a half left!
@smfan1085 - I edited my earlier post. Apologies. I'll go read the rules to make sure I don't do anything else dumb ^^

Print