Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. information  (Read 37201 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2006, 08:17:15 AM »
New New SMB screens (at least to me).
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »
I can't wait to get this for my DS, I really like the way the game looks and how it brings back a nostalgic feel for me.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2006, 05:46:33 PM »
Those screens finally confirm that that was a skull on the flag.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2006, 11:55:07 PM »
Haha, good point.

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2006, 10:51:31 AM »
I've just found out something about this game that I've never heard before. Forgive me if it's already widely known.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Super_Mario_Bros.
"According to Nintendo Power issue #202, the Koopalings will also be in this game, making it the first game to feature all eight of Bowser's children; Super Mario Sunshine included Iggy briefly in FLUDD's scan. However, Yoshi will not appear, at least in standard gameplay, as he wouldn't fit with the classic Super Mario Bros. formula."

THE KOOPALINGS ARE GOING TO BE IN THIS GAME??? That's one of the biggest reasons now why I want to get it.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2006, 01:33:45 PM »
Ooh! Maybe they'll throw Bowser Jr. off a cliff!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2006, 01:03:41 AM »
Maybe, instead of the Bowser fakes, they'll put in the eight Koopalings instead! That would make it my fave Mario adventure game EVER. *Starts drooling, stops, puts bucket underneath, and resumes drooling*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2006, 03:25:48 AM »
Ah,-ha-ha! That's clever! And with technological graphics they could show the "Bowser" shrink back into the Koopaling it really is, even if it falls in the lava. Be a little strange to see Bowser shrink into Wendy, though...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2006, 05:53:57 AM »
No, as actual bosses in their own rights. Now that would be awesome. Still, that idea would be cool as well, except maybe all of the fakes could have their own attacks.

btw, if everyone's annoyed at Bowser Jr, imagine how poor Bowser feels. To quote a saying- "You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family." XD
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2006, 05:22:04 PM »
Odd that Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings are going to be in the same game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2006, 06:01:27 AM »
I dont't believe in the whole Koopaling-story. I think there was a translation-mistake with Koopa Jr. changing to the Koopa Kids.
We haven't seen a picture of the Koopalings, so I doubt their existence in NSMB.

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2006, 09:37:15 PM »
But maybe there aren't any pictures of the Koopalings because the actual revealing of the 3D Koopaling models is being saved for the players of the game itself.

EDIT: Oh, wait a minute...

http://www.thehotfix.net/mario/mario5.html

^ Look at the last paragraph there.

It doesn't look like the Koopalings will be level bosses after all, if what that says is true. Maybe at least they'll be in a mini-game or something. Or maybe they'll all be in the last level...?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:05:18 PM by smfan1085 »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2006, 01:02:41 AM »
Perhaps Yoshi WILL appear...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2006, 05:59:19 AM »
@Bird Person:
The dinosaur is Nessie.

"Even bigger baddies await at each world's end, including a giant Goomba, a zombiefied sandworm, an enormous flying Piranha Plant, and more."
I'm looking foward to it :)
Which enemy could the sandworm be? A new one?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2006, 10:25:19 AM »
Oh, stupid me. I forgot, it's probably going to end up being Dorrie in that case...
Giant Goomba: Goomba King/Goomboss
Zombified Sandworm: Your guess.
Giant Flying Piranha Plant: <sarcasm>Oh, gee, I wonder?<sarcasm>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 10:27:00 AM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Print