Print

Author Topic: Revolution controller revealed!  (Read 30579 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2005, 02:21:29 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2005, 03:23:19 PM »
Although the design of that looks somewhat less heavy, I think the first one is more likely, being that the remote points at the TV, in case you want to combine a bit of old-style analog and new-style pointing.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2005, 05:05:40 PM »
Also, the second shell's button layout is crappy and obviously something would need to plug into the bottom of the Rev controller; nothing is in that shot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2005, 08:06:22 PM »
The second one looks less comfortable to hold, and makes the d-pad easier to use than the stick. (like the PS1-2 controllers). I like the stick better.

My friend John: Wow! I can see my own breath! It''s already that time of year?
Me: No. Your breath just smells. Really bad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2005, 08:15:10 PM »
For this one, who needs definite buttons?

It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2005, 04:36:26 PM »
I want a red Revolution that will stand out against all my other black, gray, and platnium controllers so it won't get lost as easy. I can't believe black is winning on the IGN vote.

IMHO:

NES (spectulation) > Red > White > all other colors.

Vote for your fav color here:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/654/654254p1.html

Make your own Rev controller:

http://number05.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/gd/1127311529.jpg

It's easy to find the red Revolution controller even in these low quality pics I took with my cell phone.

Notice how quick you found the red controller.  Now imagine if it had been black.

(Hopefully pushing this thread to the top will help reduce the amount of new Revolution threads.)

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2005, 04:49:55 PM »
I don't have 1/2 as many controllers & remotes, there. But my DirecTV remote is white and all of my other controllers are gray. I think I want a Black one (I'm getting a black revolution, too.) My second will be green and my third will be... white or blue. Or see-thru. Or Red. Don't forget that you'll probably get more than one for playing with your friends outside the FF's. I'm not getting any more than 2 extra ones. The more you have, the more that break!

I do hope it will be backward compatible. And, against everyone else, I hope it'll play DVDs. The right way, unlike the PS2.

If birds breathed fire everytime they posted, the forum would''ve blow''d up by now.
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2005, 05:01:57 PM »
Bird Person, the Rev will be backward compatible.  It will play GCN disc, and have all the first party and probably a lot of 3rd party NES, SNES, and N64 games for download.  Imagine play SMB by moving the controller.

The Rev will play DVDs if you pay a little extra for the doggle (or is it doogle?) key.  What do you mean by "the right way"?

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2005, 10:09:33 PM »
I'd like a blue controller since I don't have any that color.  Clear would be nice too.

As soon as we get online multi-player Revolution games, I think we need to set up some Mario Kart tournaments here!

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2005, 08:19:13 AM »
How about SSBR? I love tag-team battles!

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2005, 04:54:55 PM »
Finally at last! I can express my happiness on an upcoming article! (look below the featured)

Edited by - Suffix on 10/12/2005 3:55:46 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2005, 10:17:58 PM »
May I ask who deleted my post?
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2005, 12:03:38 AM »
Guess what... Today (I am in 8th grade) I had to write a summary of an internet article. So I chose one about the Revolution. On the way through my search I found an FAQ: It's gonna play DVDs IF you "buy an additional dongle that inserts in the front of the machine." So for the many of you who don't want it to, complain no more. It seems it can hook up to your computer monitor instead of your TV as an option. And yes, games will be downloadable.  So I'll finally get retro SMB2 (YES!). But that will cost money. the 5 official colors so far are black, white, red, green, and pink.
So yeah, choose between internet & Revolution simultaneously or TV & Revolution simultaneously. I think I'll use my tv.
I promised my best friend thatif the revolution played gemcube games I'd give him my gamecube, Mario Party 4, a crappy memory card and a controller for christmas. I guess I wouldn't need them anymore...

Why do they give electric toothbrushes names like there are different models? They''re not cars!

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/12/2005 11:06:51 PM
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2005, 01:46:07 PM »
Watoad: An internal error messed up the page (I'm not going to say who caused it, but it wasn't me), and your post, my post, and the accident post were deleted.

Bird Person: Most of that news is old, but I admire your schoolwork choice.

All Person: The article from HowStuffWorks is here, and I must say, it's rather good.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2005, 06:59:55 PM »
Since they made an article I thought I'd post there exact reply to my inquiry about them doint one:

Date:    Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:54:17 -0400
To:   "****** *****" <********@yahoo.com>

Dear Mr. *****:

We currently do not have an article on the Nintendo Revolution controller and do not have any plans for one in the near future. Due to the high volume of reader e-mail I would be unable to let you know if we did write one. However, you can subscribe to our newsletter at http://www.howstuffworks.com/register.htm to be notified when new articles are published.

Regards,

Shanna Freeman
Copy Editor
HowStuffWorks

Print