Print

Author Topic: Confess!  (Read 141770 times)

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #480 on: January 10, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
My alt account sense is also tingling

Mine isn't. ;)
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."
"Heard what?"    "Brian don- A-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

« Reply #481 on: January 10, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »
One more woman in the world? Well, I am getting kinda hungry, so I guess it's okay.

i eat women

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #482 on: January 10, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
It's just uncanny how similar the host names of Cora and Ambitious Shade (and also the old foxmccloudfan account) are. It's also uncanny that one's very first interaction with an established community would be a confession rather than an introduction. I wouldn't walk up to a group of strangers, forcibly shake their hands while explaining that the first thing they should know about me is that I bite my fingernails and I don't care to do anything to kick the habit. It's even more uncanny that Cora's post tailgates Ambitious Shade's so very closely. Five minutes.

After all that I could still be wrong, but if I'm not, Cora: I get why an alt account would be practical, to get at least the one approval and hope it would compel other readers to follow suit and to serve as a safety net to dispose of if the reaction is negative. But you don't have to do that. The majority of the community here is very tolerant, to the point that the intolerant have been booed away and even banned, at least once.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #483 on: January 10, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
It's a good point, although I don't really see how "Cora" is like "AmbitiousShade."  Let me explain myself.

I probably jumped the gun a little bit as far as introductions go.  But I was feeling kinda depressed last night so I decided to sign up for the forums.  Now, I've read some of the threads on here before and I noticed that people are mostly tolerant, so I figured I could at least post it here without being ridiculed.  Plus I wasn't thinking straight last night due to sleep problems and I forgot about introductions.

TL;DR My point: I can't stop you from thinking this is an alternate account.  However I assure you it isn't and for all intents and purposes, I'll introduce myself to prevent further confusion.

Hi everyone! I'm AmbitiousShade and I'm relatively new to the forums.  Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks!
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."

« Reply #484 on: January 11, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »
His posts, structurally speaking, look different from Cora's. Perhaps I'm mistaken. *shrugs*

Welcome to the forum in any case. Like BP said, most of us are pretty accepting, so feel free to talk openly about whatever.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #485 on: January 11, 2012, 12:23:18 AM »
Welcome aboard, Ambie!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2012, 12:55:06 AM »
BP, I think that alt-account smell is coming from Tim Buckley.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #487 on: January 11, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »
Thanks everyone!

« Reply #488 on: January 11, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
It's just uncanny how similar the host names of Cora and Ambitious Shade (and also the old foxmccloudfan account) are. It's also uncanny that one's very first interaction with an established community would be a confession rather than an introduction. I wouldn't walk up to a group of strangers, forcibly shake their hands while explaining that the first thing they should know about me is that I bite my fingernails and I don't care to do anything to kick the habit. It's even more uncanny that Cora's post tailgates Ambitious Shade's so very closely. Five minutes.

After all that I could still be wrong, but if I'm not, Cora: I get why an alt account would be practical, to get at least the one approval and hope it would compel other readers to follow suit and to serve as a safety net to dispose of if the reaction is negative. But you don't have to do that. The majority of the community here is very tolerant, to the point that the intolerant have been booed away and even banned, at least once.

And a reply:
While it is obvious I have alt accounts (I assume that Deezer knows that), Ambitious Shade isn't one. Also- made an alt account recently because of my old and well-deserved ban for trolling, which I now no longer do, and I wished to rejoin the forums. If Deezer has an issue with me making this account, he can really just tell me and I'll leave, no problem. I just missed it here. Also, I'm not here for anyone's "approval", I come here to enjoy myself through interaction, and I find this thread to be quite a fun one in particular. If you have an issue with me, that's alright, and I apologize if I've wronged you in any way.

(Also, I find it interesting that you mentioned my old posts two years after the fact, as well as the fact that I have stated I /am/ foxmccloudfan before [so now you know for sure]). In any case, if I've done anythign wrong, feel free to politely tell em and I'll do my best to fix it.

« Reply #489 on: January 11, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »
In ANY case, my alt accounts all have a few things in common: the old ones all have something to do with foxes, the new ones are all based off of latin. My only alt accounts here I believe are my current one and "Thefox2" (possibly "the foxreturns"). My current is Cora, short for Corauri, which means haert of gold in latin. The fact that I like trans people is completely unrelated and is due to 3 of my friends being ftm transsexual.

« Reply #490 on: January 11, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »
And here I thought it was annoying back when CE7 mentioned his girlfriend in every second post.

« Reply #491 on: January 11, 2012, 07:39:23 PM »
(Welcome in, Ambie, btw, totally neglected to say that xD)

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #492 on: January 11, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
Thanks Cora.

« Reply #493 on: January 11, 2012, 07:50:57 PM »
Anytime. Meet me on irc if you wish to chat further~

« Reply #494 on: January 11, 2012, 08:01:10 PM »
This thread is getting weirder by the post.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print