Yes
42 (71.2%)
No
9 (15.3%)
Unsure
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Print

Author Topic: A Survey This Is  (Read 114164 times)

« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »
play both? i dont usually play playstation games. im terrible at them
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2006, 06:07:13 PM »
I never said you were. *I* was trying to explain that whatever you're saying is incorrect. Hopefully you're just explaining it strangely or wrong, otherwise  ...I don't know, that doesn't sound like that's how a church is supposed to teach something. Please note that I'm not insulting you or your church; it just.... I don't know.

Okay, this is just something my dad said really. He is devoted to Christianity, so sometimes he thinks that other's should too. But he's human and likewise, messes up sometimes. I think what should happen is let other's think what they wanna think and believe what you want to believe.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »
... -_-'

Wow, you've totally lost my point.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2006, 08:33:14 PM »
I dunno.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2006, 08:45:49 PM »
Okay, you don't understand my point, and I don't understand yours. Let's just drop it okay? I had no intentions of doing this, just trying to share a few religious views with a friend. I'm not angry at all. Just confused.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 09:24:22 PM by PaperLuigi »

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
OK, sure.  Not that everyone has to agree, why else would there be more than one religion? :P

Oh wait, you were talking to Sapphira, weren't you?

That's just me.  Always thinking I'm Sapphira.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2006, 09:35:21 PM »
ya.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2006, 10:36:35 PM »
Nobody has to agree with me. I don't care anymore. It seems as soon as I try to sare some of my views, I get jumped on for it. If your Christian, Jewish, or even an evolutionist, I don't care. Think what you wanna think. Back to topic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2006, 12:48:38 AM »
BACK TO ADVENTURE! ^_^
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

mario2_gold

• Banned
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2006, 09:24:09 AM »
yes I believe in god.
{fosters}

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2006, 10:36:58 AM »
You should capitalize His name.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
Yes, you should capitalize His name

« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2006, 12:46:08 PM »
You should capitalize the first word of your sentence.

« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2006, 02:46:50 PM »
lol

« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2006, 08:03:48 PM »
I definitely believe in God!  I am a Christian.  I know, this may seem like a strange revelation since I can act pretty strange sometimes and frequently say weird stuff.  But it’s true, duuuude!  Jesus changed my life and still does each day.  And I’m sorry if I ever say things I shouldn’t.  I guess that I still need to learn restraint to have every once in awhile.

I enjoy listening to people talk about their religions.  And I especially like finding out that there are others here who say they are Christians too.  When I first read the Religion thread and learned that I wasn’t the only one, it made me feel very excited and thankful for that. “I’m not alone!”  Even though I’m going to do my best to stay with my own religion (which I prefer to call a lifestyle), I do want to know more about the other kinds out there for fun and to compare with my own.

One reason I don’t believe in evolution is like what someone else said here.  It’s because of all the many problems and gaps in the theory that don’t compare with the current world and life we see around us today.  Until people can find most of the biggest missing links of the world I just can’t choose to believe it.

My biggest problem with evolution however, doesn’t involve science but simply our significance.  If we all came from lower species that came from a huge and magnificent accident, does that mean that all people are just the outcome of that accident and have no real purpose and worth in life?  I know that God or some other being (maybe) could make evolution happen but I don’t like that idea either.  It’s just my opinion but I believe that He made everything carefully and perfectly, and not by a series of steps that sifted through the fit and the unfit creatures until what we see today (for some reason that part always makes me uncomfortable).  However, I might be able to believe in some small parts of evolution if they don’t involve huge changes.

Moving on to something else now.  I have been reading the book, The Purpose-Driven Life again (because it’s so great and I didn’t pay very good attention the first time) and I’m beginning to see how much I need to learn and grow in my faith and life.  When I read it I feel like I’m discovering what everything is really about and what I need to do in life.  But sometimes I also feel threatened about things it says like needing to change parts of myself, let go of idols and the fear of what people think, and the fear that I can never really become the person I want to be. 

For awhile I have wondered if maybe I need to let go of using a lot of my free time to play video games and begin looking for God and learning about spiritual things.  It’s difficult sometimes for me to change how I live when I’ve lived this way so long.  But I don’t want to give up this life because I believe that it’s the right way to live and, despite how crazy or difficult it seems, that I will receive my reward if I stay in the race.  God can do for me and anyone what we think is impossible at the time, and exchange our fear for faith and take us through any challenge.  He’s already done great things for my family and church, and I know He won’t ever forget or leave us.  I hope that any of you believers out there will keep at it too and find more ways to honor God and let others see, know, and believe His love, miracles, and sacrifice.

And finally I shall end my big honkin’ speech, or whatever you would call this, by saying this is my opinion and no one has to believe it if they don’t wanna (I’ll keep my hand out of your throat).  Not trying to get post of the year (like I could ever do that XD) or make you change your beliefs… just saying what I feel like I should say.  If there’s one thing I learned in my Ethics class and here too, is that opinions are just opinions and we need to keep looking at everything with an open mind and the thought that maybe we could be wrong about something.  I still need to work on that sometimes. 

I just wanna know one more thing.  Can you guess where I got my signature from? ;) (without using Google?)
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print