Yes
42 (71.2%)
No
9 (15.3%)
Unsure
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Print

Author Topic: A Survey This Is  (Read 113322 times)

« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2006, 09:47:39 PM »
There's even a flood in Hinduism. My History class taught me that "at the time of the flood itself, Vinshu (or whatever the heck his name is) apeared as a fish to drag the last remaining boat of the world to the top of the mountain and save the Earth. Sound familar? I still believe that Noah's story is the truth.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2006, 10:22:35 PM »
Or perhaps all those stories are variations on an even earlier one.

« Reply #392 on: June 06, 2006, 05:10:10 PM »
Yep. There's even a flood in Islam. And like SMfan said, in each religion, it slightly changes.  I belive that there was a flood. I truly do. But then we belive that he couldn't take the of the other people who didn't belive. How many religions belive that he took two of each animal?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #393 on: June 13, 2006, 12:43:31 PM »
Interesting.  I would like to know more about those stories.  Do you think that there's any physical evidence of a giant flood have happening in one place in the world?

Unlike most people, I like to think that Noah brought dinosaurs on the ark with him.  If they were infants when they got on then they could still fit.  Genesis did say they had two of every creature.  That's just my thought.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #394 on: June 13, 2006, 01:50:32 PM »
Genesis also said that Adam lived to be 700 some years old.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #395 on: June 13, 2006, 02:11:44 PM »
Yeah in the old testament people lived longer. Like Abraham and Noah...they lived to be at least 800.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #396 on: June 13, 2006, 10:57:38 PM »
Strange, considering that in colonial times your life expectancy would be, what, 30?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #397 on: June 14, 2006, 01:26:50 PM »
I would hate to live that long.  There were a lot of strange things mentioned in the old Testament before the Flood (like the Nephilim in Genesis 6).  Maybe the Flood changed a lot of things in the world after it took place, like age spans somehow.  And maybe God had to keep him alive long enough to repopulate the world!

"Oh man!  What if we're the last of our kind?  We'll have to repopulate the entire world!"
"How?  Everyone we know is either a dude or our sister!"
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2006, 02:18:18 PM »
Why aren't we all retarded then?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #399 on: June 14, 2006, 02:35:40 PM »
Unlike most people, I like to think that Noah brought dinosaurs on the ark with him.  If they were infants when they got on then they could still fit.  Genesis did say they had two of every creature.
EXCEPT DINOSAURS WERE LONG DEAD WAY BEFORE HUMANS EXISTED.

Yep. There's even a flood in Islam.
This is not surprising considering Islam was founded later than a lot of religions.
That was a joke.

« Reply #400 on: June 14, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »
So here are the stories of Noah in three of the major religions. I got them from wikipedia. They are on the same page but linked so that they go exactly to the one you want to see.

Judaism
Christianity
Islam
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #401 on: June 15, 2006, 03:55:48 PM »
Pt_peach: Thanks a lot!  That's interesting.

CW: I've heard about that but I don't know if I believe it.  It definitely could be true but I'm just not sure.  Scientists can have great ideas and discoveries from research, but what if some of them don't share the information that goes against what they want people to believe? (I know-- by now I sound like a paranoid disbeliever XD)  And how is it possible that the coelecanth fish is alive today when it was supposed to have gone extinct 70 million years ago?  That doesn't really apply to the coexisting thing, but sometimes mistakes in science can happen.  Sorry for disagreeing again.

« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2006, 04:24:12 PM »
may it vex me that christianity has influence over marketing in america, that really anoys me because state and church of SUPPOSED TO BE SEPERATE!!! There i said it Happy Now?? Geesh.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2006, 04:35:03 PM »
Actaully, I would say that marketing has influence over Christianity, but that's just me.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2006, 04:39:01 PM »
I just got back from Worldview.  It was an amazing experience, and I now know how to counter all of the so called "wizards" who try and deceive people.  I am just overwhelmed by how much I learned there.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print