Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91155 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »
If you need an "advisor" for your life, I have to wonder about your ability to survive in any situation at all.
That was a joke.

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2006, 06:15:40 PM »
One could argue against the "usefulness" of that "information".

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2006, 06:17:04 PM »
In all honesty, I think YOU need an advisor, because you obviously don't know how to handle talking with people in a respectful, considerate manner. Go work on not being condescending and rude to everyone, kthx.

Don't make this turn into yet ANOTHER argument, Chup.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2006, 07:23:53 PM »
If you need an "advisor" for your life, I have to wonder about your ability to survive in any situation at all.
That was very offensive. I visit an advisor every week for help, and so does my best friend. I cannot even believe you just said that. Sapphira and NintendoExpert89 are both %100 right. I'm sure you have some sort of doctor that helps you with your mental problems(although mabey not on a schedule). Most of the times, I have no desire to argue with an admin or mod's statement, but this was too far. That was just awful, and I hope you learn of a better way to state your opinion other than a rude, immature way.

I have a spiritual advisor, and he helps me in so many ways that it would be impossible to count them all. He is my only reason my family isn't like the ones in Louisiana, and I believe everything he says.

To be on topic, I do believe in a lot of supernatural occurrences. I'm just waiting for you to say something insulting about my beliefs and religion now, Chupperson.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2006, 07:31:33 PM »
While I don't have a problem with people seeking advice from others, I find it to be a bad Idea to do exactly what someone else says, just pecause they say so. I hardly think that Chup has any problem with people seeking advice with problems. There needs to be some sort of objective truth in what you believe. If an advisor tells me to believe that alagators life in my basement, I shouldn't listen to him/her. However, if I ws having trouble with my friends, and an advisor tells me to do something within reason, I would consider it, but more importantly I would make that important decision on my own. I would consider other's opinions, but not do exactly as they say just because.

I understood his quote to be nothing more than mere advice: don't just live your life as someone's puppet. I still don't think that listening to someone for advice is a bad idea, in fact I would assume that it is a healthy thing to do.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2006, 07:37:01 PM »
Koop, you have a good point. Regardless, though, what Chup said was very rude, condescending, and uncalled for.
He's also completely insulting and disregarding the career I'm seriously considering going into (counseling), which I find offensive, as well.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2006, 07:42:53 PM »
Now, come on. I'm sure everyone here has asked for help before. I'd have trouble getting through school if not for my excellent counceler.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2006, 07:42:59 PM »
Counseling, hm? That is very neat, Sapph. I was once considering a career in those fields, as well. In my freshmen year in high school, I took a career test to see what would fit me best, and counseling & psychology came up as a good result. After that, I was talking to my school counselors and parents about it. But then I decided that there is a lot more careers that I would be good in, such as music.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »
Koopaslaya was the only one that interpreted my comments correctly.
My actual thought was that if our society has degenerated to the point that people have to go through life seeking step-by-step instructions on how to proceed through their lives and on what decisions to make, then there is really no reason to be around. People are being trained not to have any common sense and no survival instincts.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 08:20:55 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2006, 08:18:53 PM »
You need to choose your words WAAAY more carefully and considerately, then. It's not about what you MEANT; it's about what you SAID.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2006, 08:19:28 PM »
And yet, Koopaslaya had no trouble seeing what I meant. Interesting, isn't it?
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2006, 08:20:17 PM »
Funny how everyone else was offended by it, though. Unless you're implying everyone else is "less intelligent," mm?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2006, 08:23:01 PM »
To answer Khold, I don't have any mental problems, and I have a pretty good idea of what's actually happening in my daily life, so I don't need someone there to tell me how to interpret the sensory input being fed into my brain. The only advisor I have is for help knowing about and deciding what classes to take in college.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 08:24:32 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2006, 08:31:28 PM »
Wow, you guys really "blew it up" as the kids say. Chupperson thinks that having someone tell you what to do instead of making your own decisions is not always very good, not that big a deal. Chupperson is an independent thinker, such a view concerning advisors is expected, he's not out to quash anyone's religious beliefs or professional aspirations. So let's all just chill out and drink some Ovaltine, huh?

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »
We "know" what Chup thinks, as we established in the past above posts. Again, as we said before, it's completely fine to have your own opinion. But what you say is what is wrong-- not his opinion. He has insulted others of what they do and believe in; he could've just kept that part aside and still state his facts in a respectful way.

I know what you're trying to tell us is good, TEM, but all we want is for him to stop being, must we say again: rude and impolite with his posts. If he can establish this, then everybody can move on.

Print