Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91168 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2006, 04:43:24 PM »
I have often why people who are not Christian celebrate Easter. I think it is more of a celebration of spring than Easter. Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Christ after his death on Good Friday.  Also, why do non-Christians celebrate Christmas, the birth of Christ? All it seems to be is marketing by all the companies who say that if you don't buy presents for people on these specific religious holidays, you are not a good family member/friend.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »
Not every Non-Christian celebrates Christmas. There were these people in our class that didn't show up for the Christmas party we had at school. And our teacher tries to stay away from conversations  about it so we don't hurt their feelings.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2006, 05:45:54 PM »
I never said that ALL non-Christians do it. I just wonder why the ones that do, do.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »
Some people say they're atheist just to get attention, or really are, but don't want their parents to know. Or they go with holiday activities because they like to make their friends and family happy.

I've been wondering for so long: Are people who believe more into science, evolution, etc. really considered atheist? My brother believes in science, but says that there could be something out there. The way he describes it makes a lot of sense, for lack of a better term. Now, he isn't really one to ask when it come to science, but he is very smart, and can reason very well.

Most atheists today are who they are because of depression, mid-life crisis-es, and are tired of "not seeing proof". But then again, there is a good portion of people who are strong believers of scientific explanations rather than almighty powers. I know a few members' beliefs here are with scientific facts.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:03:05 PM by Khold »

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2006, 06:06:51 PM »
YEAH. There's a kid named ____ ____ in my class and he showed everybody he was. There was a girl that passed away from cancer that went to my school, and they were talking about how there was a better life in heaven. And he says this out loud "There is no heaven." He almost got his butt kicked after that.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2006, 06:11:09 PM »
Some people are agnostic.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2006, 06:16:14 PM »
Well, there was no reason for him to say something like that when a student passed away. He should know better, especially for such a horrible, tragic time. All you can look forward to is religious places such as Heaven when you, or even someone you barely know passes away. He could've just not said anything on the matter. Was it a hard time for you when this even happened?

I'm sure if your friends passed away while you were talking about the same thing, and some person behind you said "There is no Heaven" would really break your heart. So of course the people had a right to be mad at the guy.

Sorry if I offend anybody upon this. Subjects like these some times offends people, so I try my best to speak in an understanding and emotional way.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for clearing that up, Sapph. XD I tend to forget terms like that...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:19:19 PM by Khold »

« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2006, 06:20:28 PM »
I personally didn't know her, but I still felt bad. I do have friends that knew her real good though, and they were crying. And so when that person said it, it made everybody mad, and then they like wanted to kill him or something.

« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2006, 06:26:45 PM »
Oh, I know how your friends felt... and you, too. I am very sorry for you and your friends' loss. It's good to see that you're alright. I, too, have lost a friend recently... You can look in the Dearly Missed Members(or New/Returning Members Post Here!) topic if you want to read about all of this...

When did this happen? If you don't wish to talk about it, that's all right. But remember this: the more you tell people about a depression, the better you will feel. It worked great for me! ^_^
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:28:31 PM by Khold »

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2006, 06:29:05 PM »
Question: what are the Almas?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2006, 06:33:56 PM »
No no guys, G-Dawg's more serious than he is saying. Ahem, quote:
"Matt's so stupid. He believes in God."
Ok, Why the bashing? The Big Bang seems less realistic. It had to come from SOMEWHERE. Ok, "uit came from a reaction in a tiny particle." Where did that tiny particle come from? Don't tell me it came from "a reaction." Where did God come from? Ask him when you die. Hmm... I'm curious. *scissors

I'll explain. She was a nice "Hi, how can i help you out" person, despite her knowledge of the future. I didn't know her either, but she always seemed like a good person. Then one day, (she had graduated by then but her sister still attended our school) she just... passed. We all did one of those memorial-type posters, where everyone who passes by the table signs it with a marker. The actual memorial didn't happen until about a month after this and her best friends and dad gave speeches. I had to sit next to the guy, and I listened to the speeches whil he sat there and ranted about how he didn't care. I should make him a nametag that says "This is where my heart would be if I had one" and put it on his chest.

Hyrulian! you're alive!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2006, 06:35:39 PM »
I have often why people who are not Christian celebrate Easter. I think it is more of a celebration of spring than Easter. Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Christ after his death on Good Friday.  Also, why do non-Christians celebrate Christmas, the birth of Christ? All it seems to be is marketing by all the companies who say that if you don't buy presents for people on these specific religious holidays, you are not a good family member/friend.

No, it's because the Christians stole the Pagan festivals and turned them into Christian holidays based on events that were important to them, rather than having them just be Winter-partying-because-you-stocked-up-in-the-fall parties and Spring fertility parties.
That was a joke.

« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2006, 06:38:23 PM »
No no guys, G-Dawg's more serious than he is saying. Ahem, quote:
"Matt's so stupid. He believes in God."

Yeah, Matt's the smartest kid in the whole school. He's in 8th grade and doing Sophmore (sp?) math. I dislike ____ _____ very much.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2006, 06:39:16 PM »
Funny you should say that. I just took a class on that. Easter is on the week of Passover, since that is when Christ died. As for Christmas, many people think that is has to do witht eh celebration of the "Sun God" and all of the pagan holidays. Unfortunately, this is not the case. In ancient customs, it was believed that the day you died is the day that you were concieved. Since it is known that Jesus died on March 25th, if 9 months are added, that brings us to December 25th.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2006, 06:50:02 PM »
Koopaslaya: I think that if some people aren't religious and they just want to spend those holidays for family time, then there shouldn't be a problem there.  They wouldn't have to buy each other gifts but they probably do feel obligated like you said.  But maybe they just want to anyone. (However, I strongly suggest that you don't spoil your kids because then your days will NOT be merry and bright. ;) )

G-Dawg: Hopefully that guy learned his lesson.  At least he didn't say anything about Hell because that would be even worse.

Khold: Thank you!  I try to be nice but I don't think I'm as great as you say.  Sorry, about your friend too.  Right before I left the forums I listened to what people were saying about me and then I also heard what you said about your friend and was glad to see how people encouraged you.  So... I'm sorry that happened to you and I did pray for you too when I heard about it.

Also sorry to anyone else who lost someone.  I haven't lost any friends but I have lost grandparents and other family members.

Hyrulian: Heh, I found "The Almas" and some other things from a library book recently.  The Almas (which I didn't read much about) is, I think, like a female Big foot or something but smaller and lives in China I think.  Mokele-Mbembe and Kongamato are supposedly living dinosaurs in Africa (the sauropod and pterodactyl, respectively).

Bird Person: Hmmmmmm... what's his problem?  Did he have a fight with her or something?  Sorry about that.

Where did God come from?  It's possible that he existed before time and then created time as soon as He created everything else (sounds weird but what else could you have?).  Where did the first particles of the universe come from?  Maybe from... uh... an infinite loop in time that eventually closed and then the "nothing" of the universe reverted into "something" and then... exploded I guess.  That's all I got. *shrugs*

Now... for easter eggs! (C) (H) (O) (C) (O) (L) (A) (T) (E)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:56:18 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print