Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1707858 times)

« Reply #3195 on: September 11, 2007, 05:58:37 PM »
Oh dear, I will have much ANGST if this becomes another stupid patriotic thread for awhile.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3196 on: September 11, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »
Just make it a day off from school already.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3197 on: September 11, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
I hope they use one Lord from each game in the series as an AT. At least the representation will be equal.

Equal representation doesn't mean jack in Super Smash Bros. The Mario side of things always seems to outnumber any other franchise, and the only other franchises that got more than two representatives are the Zelda series and the Pokemon series.

There's also the fact that they took a supporting character from F-Zero, and a main character from Fire Emblem and left them as Assist Trophies. Two perfect opportunities to add depth to the roster and they were wasted.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3198 on: September 11, 2007, 06:19:59 PM »
I'll bet said depth will be used as a vehicle for more obscure and/or wacky characters. That's the way Masahiro Sakurai rolls.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3199 on: September 12, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »
Oh, why did I have to have a cherry pie, gatorade, some chocolate and a burger from last weekend's BBQ b-day party for my grandma after weightlifting......
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3200 on: September 12, 2007, 06:16:29 PM »
So you would have something about which to complain.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3201 on: September 12, 2007, 06:20:53 PM »
I have ANGST that people around here word their sentences like absolute fools because they believe the rubbish that their brain-dead English "teachers" fed down their throat about prepositions.

« Reply #3202 on: September 12, 2007, 08:08:42 PM »
I have ANGST that people around here word their sentences like absolute fools because they believe the rubbish that their brain-dead English "teachers" fed down their throat about prepositions.
I was going to post something angsty, but because of this, I just spent a couple minutes laughing.  My emotions have quelled...at!
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #3203 on: September 12, 2007, 08:48:30 PM »
So today, after school, some idiot decided to go "car surfing" with his buddies in the parking lot.

The rumors about what happened afterward vary somewhat, but here't the gist of it:

He (had a seizure/fell off/got hit by a car), hit the ground, busted his head open, was pronounced dead for five minutes, then was somehow revived and now resides in the hospital.

The fire truck and ambulances were there shortly afterward. News crews remained throughout the rest of the afternoon.

Moral of the story: Please don't be stupid, and if it's too late for that, don't let it rub off on someone else.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3204 on: September 12, 2007, 10:03:33 PM »
Oh dear, I will have much ANGST if this becomes another stupid patriotic thread for awhile.

Don't worry, Vid.  Making stupid threads is my job, and I don't feel like it right now.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3205 on: September 12, 2007, 10:25:44 PM »
So today, after school, some idiot decided to go "car surfing" with his buddies in the parking lot.

The rumors about what happened afterward vary somewhat, but here't the gist of it:

He (had a seizure/fell off/got hit by a car), hit the ground, busted his head open, was pronounced dead for five minutes, then was somehow revived and now resides in the hospital.

The fire truck and ambulances were there shortly afterward. News crews remained throughout the rest of the afternoon.

Moral of the story: Please don't be stupid, and if it's too late for that, don't let it rub off on someone else.
One of Khold's friends died from that.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3206 on: September 13, 2007, 02:31:28 AM »
I have ANGST because I'm trying to install Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 on my computer to run Windows 98 from inside XP, yet it doesn't work. It tells me that an unexpected error has occured and for me to report the error to Microsoft (yet it doesn't actually tell me what the error is) or, if I switch the compatibility mode to Windows 2000 it tells me to install MSXML4, which I have done with no effect on the program's performance (or rather, lack of it). I'm at my wits end trying to run 98 on this computer... I can't dual boot, as my hard-drive is purely NTFS; I can't emulate it, as all of the methods I've tried either don't work or involve me ordering software from the other side of the world; and I can't use another computer, as all of the other computers have NTFS except an ancient laptop I have stored in my wardrobe that can barely run Windows 3.1. If someone could please help me to install Windows 98 on my computer, I would be thankful and therefore not angsty. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3207 on: September 13, 2007, 07:27:34 AM »
Why on Earth do you want Windows '98?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3208 on: September 13, 2007, 08:28:43 AM »
Mozilla Firefox...every time I try to download something from the internet, it won't download.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3209 on: September 13, 2007, 03:02:39 PM »
Pt_Peach, are you sure it isn't downloading? You may actually be downloading it and Firefox is saving it in a place you didn't check.

Print