Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1696014 times)

« Reply #7860 on: December 01, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »
I'd call you crazy but I actually have a friend who tried getting a job at Starbucks for that reason.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7861 on: December 09, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »
My mother won't let me read the SCP Foundation because it's "too violent". Yet she has no problem with RE4 because it's "kid's stuff".
Relics.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7862 on: December 09, 2012, 09:13:46 PM »
Sounds like my one best friend who's mom refused to let him watch Hey Arnold at the age of 6 because it would "encourage him to rebel against his parents" when she previously let him watch the movie Fargo at 4. ;\

« Reply #7863 on: December 11, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »
My mum didn't want me watching violent movies, and never bought me toy guns because she thought I'd turn out to be a violent individual.

She was fine, however, with me watching my sister play though Doom and Heretic.

Parents are interesting people.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #7864 on: December 20, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
The power's out. And on the day I installed the homebrew channel on the old Wii too.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7866 on: January 07, 2013, 01:30:55 AM »
They don't even need to call it Final Fantasy; it's a JRPG on a handheld, so most people who would actually be interested in it already know about it with the proper name.

While we're at it, the Vita port of Fate/stay night could stand to come out in English, since Aksys already has the series licensing in place from Fate/EXTRA, and it's the sort of game that'd do decently as a digital-only release in the west (as much as I'd hate not having an actual physical copy of it, I could deal since I already own an import copy on PS2). With fanbases for games like Ace Attorney being what they are, and when another recent visual novel, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, can get on GotY lists from major publications like Game Informer, I think it's safe to say the "this genre doesn't exist in the west" excuse is shot.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7867 on: January 25, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »
I come back and this thread hasn't been posted in in 3 weeks?

Come on guys step up the ANGST

EDIT: Also reading the first few pages of this thread I want a time machine so I can go back to April of 2006 and smack myself as hard as I can
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:26:28 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7868 on: January 25, 2013, 09:48:13 PM »
Hahaha, PaperLuigi's edits

We've all been there. Or, are all being there, now that we're here. Reminiscing isn't really enjoyable when the past is actually there, and you can look at it and be embarrassed by it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7869 on: January 25, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »
I really, really didn't want people to see the first post I made in this thread, but I also didn't want to be a ***** and just straight up erase it, haha.

And yes, I'd be more inclined to reminisce if my earlier posts weren't polluted with angry tirades against liberals, people who regard the theory of evolution as fact, and non-Christians (ironically, I ended becoming all three of those, somewhat in part to the criticism I received from other members).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:04:41 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7870 on: January 25, 2013, 11:54:41 PM »
I literally just realized that BP is Bird Person.  I found out by revisiting the first page of this thread (after reading Insane Steve's post) and didn't remember "BP" existing back then.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7871 on: January 26, 2013, 05:36:24 PM »
All of this snow and cold weather is making me miss Southern California.  Also, I've been contemplating an R2D2 styled suitcase programmed to follow my cellphone, but with no plans for air travel it's a pointless idea. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7872 on: January 27, 2013, 06:19:01 PM »
All of this snow and cold weather is making me miss Southern California.

...The weather is making you into a beauty pageant winner?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7873 on: January 28, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »
Well, I'm sick now, and it's like nothing I've ever experienced before. It's a devilishly sadistic thing that has put me in a permanent state of vertigo. It's amazing how important the human sense of balance is, really. Any attempt to leave my bed or even raise my head threatens me with nausea. It's a good thing I left my mobile computer on my bed stand...

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #7874 on: January 28, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »
I come back and this thread hasn't been posted in in 3 weeks?

Come on guys step up the ANGST

EDIT: Also reading the first few pages of this thread I want a time machine so I can go back to April of 2006 and smack myself as hard as I can
My god man. I've heard about you, but I've never seen you.
Good sir

Print