Print

Author Topic: One post a minute  (Read 7933 times)

« on: August 17, 2008, 12:25:29 PM »
Why do we have to wait 60 seconds before posting again?
And why did it change from the previous 30 seconds before posting again?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »
I thought it was always 60 seconds.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:31:43 PM »
Nope, it used to be 30...  flood control is annoying in the Forum Games section (the one-word story topic for example), but other than that, I don't mind it much.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »
I never noticed that it went back up to 60 seconds between posts. Indeed, it was annoying back when I used to post in FG(&S).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 03:20:57 PM »
It's amusing that Forum Games is faster-paced than TMK's chatroom.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 03:29:51 PM »
That always struck me as odd... speaking of the chatroom, I should probably pay it another visit.

But yeah, I never noticed it after I stopped posting in "Forum Games."
I'm a horrible person.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 04:01:03 PM »
It's amusing that Forum Games is faster-paced than TMK's chatroom.

Because the Forum Games where it's at! Well how about only new (Or old) members that post worthless and spam crap get the "60 second" thing, and longtime members that can be trusted get to post freely? I think that could be a good system.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »
I don't remember that being easy to do without some fairly major hackups, and then you'd have to go and mark which members are trusted, and all this...what, so you can make a few extra posts in a given amount of time?

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 07:03:54 PM »
On other forums like GSCentral the waiting time is 30 seconds. It can be annoying if you want to reply game threads.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »
I think there's a serious problem if you really find yourself clicking the post button more than once in a minute. I may just be an overthinker but I read the posts before one I may make, and I think mine out. It takes well over a minute for that. There's no hurry. Looking over your posts might help you locate and terminate spelling and grammatical errors, even.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 07:39:01 PM »
Thinking before posting will almost always suck up the one minute delay. As stated before, though, Forum Games does not exactly lend itself to thought. Games such as Mario Word Association and The one-word story only require one word, and as such the only thought required for them is picking the word and checking to see if you spelled it correctly. I myself have been bothered by the delay in such a situation, but I did find that 30 seconds was usually enough for me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »
I normally don't have a problem unless I'm elsewhere using a faster computer and/or just happen to have two concise comments in a row, but it's not so much having to wait sixty seconds to post as it is being told that " already submitted this post" when, though I technically did, it's obviously not on the page. So then I have to wait another minute and change some random stuff to fool it into letting me "post" it again.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 08:17:03 PM »
Looking over your posts might help you locate and terminate spelling and grammatical errors, even.

i realy like hwo you used teh wrod "terminate".
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 08:38:20 PM »
What interests me is how the old time limit of 30 seconds apparently wasn't enough.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print