Print

Author Topic: Allow All Discussions  (Read 48883 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 04:24:34 PM »
Unless he's like John McCain, then he'll wait a few months and pick a really random member out of the blue.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 04:49:08 PM »
I agree with LD. Banning like a banmongering banmeister won't solve anything. The whole "political discussions turn into flame wars" issue is 100% grade-A pasturized moot, because that hasn't even happened; people disagreeing with each other does not a flame war make.

So, I'm going to leave TMK until either the poltical ban gets lifted or I get paid off. This is my last post until then.

Love, Glorb
every

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 04:51:43 PM »
I'm with Glorb.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:09 PM »
NO!  Where will I get my Genuine Glorbian SarcasmTM?
...or did I just experience some?  I hope so.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 06:18:23 PM »
Lizard Dude, who are you going to nominate as your VP?

Please nominate me. I totally agree with you.

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »
Pretty much everyone else does, which means that we're all his VP candidates according to that logic.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »
I also think the mods should loosen their grip. This should be a poll.
"it's always the present"

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 07:52:37 PM »
Sapphira is the only mod who seems to edit the language around here, but she isn't around much anymore, so the boards have loosened up in that respect. I'd like to be able to discuss politics without constraint too.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »
I'm in for this as well because my post in the "MKelection" was deleted.

Because your post and its ilk is the REASON politics threads get locked around here?
~I.S.~

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:12 PM »
Posts should never be deleted.

Edit out a swear word or nudie pic if you must, but total deletion of a post is unncessary and very harmful to the posting ecosystem.

With the recent surge of forum meddling, I'm about ready to join Glorb and EM. I played with the idea of quitting when making this thread, but decided I didn't have enough sleep in me to make decisions. I don't even like or participate much in the controversial type of discussions being squelched, I just abhor how it's being handled. Especially the part where IS does all the talking, even though "higher-ups" supposedly made the decision.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:38:14 PM by Lizard Dude »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »
I'm with LD in allowing all discussions.  The interesting discussions here have become very rare as of late.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 12:19:21 PM »
Or make section of the forum specificaly for debating
"it's always the present"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »
Yes, because further segregation really solves the problem of blending one type of discussion with all the others.

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 01:59:42 PM »
I've been waiting for somebody to bring this little issue up, how very fitting the LD be the voice of it all.

Honestly, when the political discussion was banned simply because some higher ups felt we couldn't handle such "meaningless garbage", that basically told me that either someone has personal problems with how we debate around here, or there's stigma against letting the discussions evolve as the members begin growing up.  Yes, we will continue to get new members as long as the site remains, but that doesn't mean we should be silenced for wanting to discuss more mature issues.

So yeah, I've been gone because of this and will stay gone until we get some sort of decision that isn't "What we says goes don't like it, too bad. Locked."

Too bad that's what we're probably gonna get.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »
I agree with Mr Wiggles, Lizard_Dude, and Glorb.

I think the forums should evolve with the members, and if something still happens that the forum Gods (and Goddess) still think needs to be locked/deleted, then they can wave their magic wands and make it disappear.

If something happens in a thread involving political discussions (like the Abortion thread), they should delete the offending posts, ban the offending posters, ect.. instead of shutting down the entire thread.

I am not going to go so far as to stay away from the forums (my activity has already been sparse as of late) but the good discussions have been rare these days.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print