Print

Author Topic: Origins of...Your Username?  (Read 39250 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »
My name came from a Naruto character named "Kimimaro." I changed the "o" to a "u" because I thought it sounded funny.

Strange, huh?

I knew your username had something to do with Naruto.  But my money was on it being an alternation of "Shikamaru."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 02:38:32 PM »
 My username comes about because night stages are my favorite kinds of Mario stages. I guess this really started with how they looked in Super Mario All-Stars, but I generally have a lot of imagination either way: All-Stars or NES SMB. I mean put some streetlights out there, a few buildings, voila...

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2009, 10:04:08 AM »
My nick comes of I'm a Mr.L fan, but mostly Daisy, Luigi, Toad and Yoshi too.
The Green Thunder

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »
I've been looking for this thread for...uh, weeks. Anyway, my username is a mash-up of my three favorite things: The color blue. Mario and blue flames ('cause colored flames are AWESOME). Also, I couldn't be FlamingBlueMario because someone already had the name "Mario", so I had to add a "d" to my username. Looking back, I wish I would've picked another username...but oh well. The digital ink has already dried...and besides, I kinda like my username. So...yeah. That's it. 
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »
If you ask the mods really nice, they might add a Y to the end of your name.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
I think I've already explained the origins of my username in another topic...nevertheless, I chose PaperLuigi because I was playing PM:TTYD at the time, and Luigi was my favorite character.

In hindsight, I should have chose PaperWario. I like Wario more than Luigi.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2009, 01:58:11 PM »
I was a regular in the chatroom for about a year before I joined the FF, and that's where my username comes from. I first joined the chatroom under the nick "Sunshine," but then I switched to "Red_Mage." Since "Sunshine" is close to "Sunbun" and "Red_Mage" is close to "Black Mage," I ended up alternating between the two names, and then combining them to make "Red_Sun." And then TEM told me my nick should be Rao, the name of Krypton's red sun and the Kryptonian sun god, and here I am.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »
Really?  I didn't know that when I posted this...  I was just guessing about the whole Kryptonian aspect...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »
My username is just my last name backwards . . . freaky, huh?
;)
That's what he said.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »
Mine too!

not really
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 10:14:27 AM »
A nod to one of the greatest end of world bosses in Mario history and a tribute to all the other Koopa kids who probably hate Bowser jr and his lime light hogging ways.
Morton Koopa Jr

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:27 AM »
A nod to one of the greatest end of world bosses in Mario history

Morton Koopa Jr. was arguably the easiest boss to beat in Mario history.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »

There were easier bosses.

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2009, 05:32:06 PM »
Hey, I said "arguably," didn't I?

Print