Print

Author Topic: More Cameos NOT Included  (Read 37560 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 01:20:11 PM »
How? I've only seen the trophies, shirts, and the medals.
There's also a pipe, a Bullet Bill blaster, a star, and a flag, not to mention all of the NES games.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »
Wild World, the DS version?
You can wear hats and accessories.
So there's a Mario hat and a Mario Moustache
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 09:12:35 PM »
Talon, the Mario look-a-like from LoZ: Ocarina of Time, makes an appearance in LoZ: The Minish Cap.
On Link's Awakening, deliver the letter to Mr. Write in the trading sequence, it will show you the picture he received in the envelope. It's Princess Toadstool
Many Mario enemies are in LA that were not mentioned on the site: Piranha Plants, Bob-Ombs (known in the game as Bombites), Shy Guys, Cheep Cheeps, and Boo (Boo is actually a good guy).
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 11:50:58 PM »
Furthermore, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures also have Mario-related enemies (at least Chain Chomp) and FSA has Talon.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 12:31:47 AM »
One of these days I will finish playing LoZ:LA. Or maybe someone will send in screen shots!

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 07:13:35 PM »
Deezer, you wimp. I beat Link's Awakening DX four times in one year.

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 07:22:58 PM »
As soon as I get a hold of Zelda: Collector's Edition, I will play the first two Zelda's for the first time.

It's hard to believe since I'm such a big Mario and Zelda fan, but I've never even played the original Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening, Adventure of Link, Oracle of Seasons, or Oracle of Ages.

Come to think of it, I've only played the original Super Mario Brothers ONCE, and it was when I was six-years-old; and I only played it for a few minutes at an arcade.

So I better move Super Mario Brothers up near the top of my most wanted list. ;)

EDIT: Wow, I didn't realize how much I went off topic. XD

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 04:04:42 PM »
Sorry for the bump, and forgive me if this bump was useless, but I was watching Fox 5 (NY) and I watced the 10pm news and there was a report on the news people mentioning the old SMB for the NES. It was a part of an April's Fool prank where some kids left boxes that are decorated like ? blocks. They said something about a bombsquad and that investigation is going underway.

Again, I'm not sure if this counts as a cameo in the real world and I apologize if I'm not contributing in anyway.

I'll go see if there's a video about the news last night and I'll see if I can post a link.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 05:31:26 PM »
Yes, MEGAߥTE linked #tmk to a Joystiq article-thingy about it this morning.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 02:16:52 AM »
Yeah, there is a game that has Mario References. Dragon Quest VIII.

To be exact, The Monster Arena. The guy who runs it is named "Morrie", And he's a Red and Green clad...erm..."Pimp"...who has a moustache speaks with an italian accent. Kinda like our favorate plumber, except Mario's a tad overweight and can't revive dead monsters.

However, this may be a coincidence (A giant coincidence, I might add), if not for the fact that his name and four bunny girls have more two add, which are related to each other.

If you speak to the bartender that's in front of the Monster Arena gates, He makes a refference to the four bunny girls (Marrie, Merrie, Mirrie and Murrie, If I remember correctly), and says somthing about the "Super Morrie-o Sisters". If you don't catch at least one reference at this point I will hit you with a mallet. Morrie-o Sounds like Mario. Super Morrie-o Sisters can be linked to Super Mario Brothers. Should be pretty obvious at this point.

Can anyone confirm and/or get us screen shots of all references above? Thanks.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »
Here's a sheet with spries of some of the cameos on LoZ: LA/DX
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »
Another Nintendogs cameo: There is a Rubber Mushroom item that looks just like the SMB1 NES mushrooms.
Also, I'm not sure if this counts but in the Second Hand shop after the messagebox on the top screen clears and you can see the 3D render of the shop, there is what looks like a Question Block sitting at the back.
I'm probably worse than you at playing Mario games...
But what do you expect?

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 06:53:04 PM »
eartbound the 2 main bandmembers look like mario and luigi.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 07:54:50 PM »
Please stop bumping old topics. I can understand your enthusiasm to post, but please check the date of the last post.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 01:59:18 PM »
More like the Blues Brothers...

Print