Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260205 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4260 on: June 06, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »
Double post for more game purchases: Sigma Star Saga (a really fun shmup-RPG hybrid for GBA that totally should be rated higher than E10+), Alpha Mission, Star Soldier (both for NES), and Space Siege (because I had a choice of two normally-$20 PC games that were $6 at Big Lots!, and I wasn't getting Guild Wars).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4261 on: June 07, 2009, 07:58:07 AM »
Whoa, slow down there!

Okay, I actually got around to playing Psychonauts the other day and, well, good stuff.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4262 on: June 07, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »
Sigma Star Saga (a really fun shmup-RPG hybrid for GBA that totally should be rated higher than E10+)

I remember that game, it was beast. If I recall, yeah, they only rated it E10+ because it was a new rating and the ESRB felt compelled to rate everything E10+.
every

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4263 on: June 07, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »
I said in #tmk that I had a successful weekend, but I didn't explain myself. So I'll explain myself here. Friday my dad bought me a new belt and a new tire for my bike. I needed the belt; my old one was being held together by staples. I didn't need the bike tire as much as I needed the belt, but now I can use my bike, which is cool. Then on Saturday, I oversaw a yard sale, which more or less amounted to spending all day at my mom's, sitting around in her yard while people came and purchased things. It wasn't great, but my mom's friend bought the whole family pizza afterward, which was cool. I spent all day today helping my mom pack up her house, because she's moving. That was the reason she held the yard sale, too. Packing boxes and hauling them to a storage place was actually surprisingly fun. I don't know why, but it just was. Maybe the full moon's affecting me weirdly, I don't know. But anyway, I went to McDonald's twice over the course of the day (I love McDonald's, which is weird, because, as Rao pointed out once, I'm a runner, and runners are supposed to hate McDonald's) and I ended up with a cat and a pillow-top mattress. Which are both cool. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to give them both back to my mom at the end of the summer. But hey, might as well enjoy it while I can!
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4264 on: June 09, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »
You know, I only just realized that all four of the games mentioned in my previous post all take place in outer space.

Our new modem should be arriving today or tomorrow (if it hasn't already arrived and I just haven't been informed)! Also, my cousin is staying at my house for the next week and a half, while the irritating brother who shares a room with me stays in Iowa for the same amount of time. This has the side effects of me having some quiet time at home, PS2 access for all the crazy-awesome shmups I've bought in the last few weeks, and my cousin getting to finish BioShock. (On a side note, I finally started playing System Shock last night and had loads of fun. I also played the old DOS Silpheed and a lot more of Eternal Daughter, which any Chuppeople who may be around might enjoy.)

Question for Bird Person, who should know what I'm talking about: Is it possible to finish Chapter Two without knocking Goroh off the edge or under a rock? Because the former is what I ended up doing.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4265 on: June 09, 2009, 04:43:56 PM »
Yeah. Set the Blue Falcon to max speed and minimum acceleration, and just don't boost until the end. Most of the computer-controlled racers in the story mode are programmed to not get especially aggressive unless you pass them, so it's sometimes easier to beat them by getting close near the end and then boosting like mad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4266 on: June 09, 2009, 04:47:20 PM »
You know, I only just realized that all four of the games mentioned in my previous post all take place in outer space.
I thought that was the point...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4267 on: June 09, 2009, 07:29:18 PM »
I am gay.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4268 on: June 09, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »
Good for you

If, of course, that is the gay we are talking about. If it is about the state of happiness, that is fine too.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #4269 on: June 09, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »
I am gay.

There's a 50% chance that TEM's account has been hacked and thus the above statement was actually posted by a troll in Albania, a 50% chance that he's really declaring his orientation to those who hadn't already taken the hint offered by his current avatar, and a 50% chance that he's simply proclaiming his overwhelming glee in an unorthodox, politically incorrect manner.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4270 on: June 09, 2009, 08:22:16 PM »
There's also a 72.8% chance he's just saying it.
That adds up to 222.8% by the way.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4271 on: June 09, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »
That adds up to 222.8% by the way.

'Twas for comedic effect. I suppose feigned stupidity doesn't carry that well through this series of tubes known as the internets.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4272 on: June 09, 2009, 09:53:08 PM »
There's a 61% chance TEM's name is Gay and he's not a stickler for capitalization.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4273 on: June 09, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
I have the same avatar as TEM, but I'm not of a homosexual orientation. Really, liking an amazing band's flamboyantly gay lead singer isn't really gay. Also, perhaps he just accidentally stayed logged in at LD's house?

« Reply #4274 on: June 09, 2009, 10:28:16 PM »
Agreed. You'd only be certified 100% gay material if you had Elton John as your avatar. On that note, there's a 3♂L% chance that TEM's statement is in fact a carefully-encrypted anagram.

Anyways, it's 12:19 AM up here in Ontario, I'm tired, I'm still working on a school project for Parenting class and I have a History exam tomorrow. In that order. See y'all later.

Print