Print

Author Topic: New Mario titles unveiled at E3  (Read 56477 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 02:30:35 PM »
I was wondering that about the toads. I think they may be filler. At least you have your precious Koopalings.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »
I think Nintendo doesn't remember Waluigi unless they're making a party game.
As for Yoshi in Galaxy...
Yoshi ride=YES!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »
This has fanservice scribbled all over it. (good thing)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »
It's fanservice when he is there for very little reason, doesn't do very much, and melts in water.

This time, it's REAL. At least, the fact he goes through star launchers and the efforts for special powerups implies he'll also be able to swim.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 03:42:47 PM »
I wonder if the Yoshis' abilities in SMG2 will depend on color like they did in SMW.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »
Sort of... it looked like his color changed depending on what he was doing. So kind of a reverse.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Sqrt2

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »
I'm really hoping that there aren't any of those ball-rolling/ray surfing parts in SMG2...

Anyway, both SMG2/New SMB Wii look OK so far - my only issue is the Blue/Yellow Toads in NSMBWii...
AA fanboy and proud!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 07:07:37 PM »
NSMBW: Eh, the first was okay, and had replay value but this will need great new powerups for my interest. But Morton Koopa Jr? That's great news! In your face Bowser "Jr!"
SMG2: *Flatlines*
MVsDK3: No interest
M&LBIS: I dunno, I haven't even finished Super Star Saga yet.
WarioWare DIY: Anything that factory produces goes in my toilet.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
Woo! Looks like it's going to be a good year for us Mario fans!

Let's see...  Well, I loved the first NSMB, and this one looks ten times better! Two new suits, a ride-able Yoshi, and the koopalings! And of course the multi-player! (I honestly think that the Toads are just there to keep from revealing any other characters...)

SMG2 Once again, a ride-able Yoshi! This is really Yoshi's year, isn't it? Adding that on top of the new levels and the already great controls makes this game another must-have!

MvsDK: Minis March Again! This one I have mixed feelings about... I liked the second one OK, but I really preferred the first one's DK98 style better... And besides, I don't have a DSi.

M&L: BIS is a Mario and Luigi game, I know it's going to be a blast and absolutely hilarious!

And for WW:DIY I already know it's good. I've played Made In Ore and it was really fun making my own music. I would have tried to make my own games, but I can't read Japanese, so I couldn't figure it out...

I can't wait until these games come out!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »
People are taking the Yoshi thing too seriously. It's not like it's been a long time since Mario used him.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »
It HAS been a long time since Yoshi was properly represented (i.e. ABLE TO SWIM).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:32 PM »
Or IN A GOOD GAME.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »
Not counting Yoshi's Island games, the Yoshi Kid in TTYD, and a couple of G&WG games and some other miscellany, it's been seven years since he rode him at all, and eighteen years since riding him was fun. That's longer than most people here have been alive. Now, if you expand the definition of "use" to include "get meaningless 1-ups from," "find buried beans for," and "kill Goombas on a large wooden carving resembling the face of," then there's a few more examples, but not that much.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »
Yeah, seriously, it's been forever since riding Yoshi was really fun. Or since Yoshi has been given any respect at all really. The last game I enjoyed Yoshi in was TTYD. (Or if you want to count it, Mario Kart Wii)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 08:38:02 PM »
CrossEyed dies now for dissing Yoshi's Island.
That was a joke.

Print