Print

Author Topic: Question about Yoshi's Story...  (Read 2583 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« on: March 27, 2001, 12:30:53 PM »
Alright, I've got another "is there any point to.." question; this one's about Yoshi's Story (in case the subject was no indication.)

Anyway, anybody who's taken time to play this game knows that eating a variety of fruits in a level will result in a big, only-too-happy heart in the background of the victory screen, whereas eating only the honeydew melons earns a melon (surprise!)  This is possible with the melon because there are 30 of them in a level, as the next numerous fruit is the lucky fruit, which I think numbers only 15.

HOWEVER, it's still possible to get all lucky fruit (let's say apples, for the sake of ease) in a level, despite their lacking in quantity.  Naturally, six similar fruits in a row, melons, apples, or anything, will earn a heart fruit, and while under the effects of the heart fruit, a butt-stomp (or "ground pound," or whatever you want to call it) in the presence of shy guys will turn them all into apples.  Ingesting 30 apples won't be counted as a variety nor give a heart in the background, but will display a big apple (not New York.)

Thus the question:  Is there any point to this?  It seems stange that the game designers would take the trouble to coordinate the background shape with non-melon fruits for no reason.  I've tried to get 30 apples in every level, put the second page seems to be rather lacking in shy guys...

Any ideas?

Absorbed in the clouds, a voice from afar said
"With the right device you can make a pattern grow,
or you can tune up your car."
Go Moon!

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2001, 04:12:59 PM »
I guess it's just a nifty little hidden thing. Is there really any difference if you beat the game eating only Honeydew Melons? I could only get so far before I couldn't find all of them in a level any more.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2002, 09:57:09 PM »
I don't have help for you, but it's cool that the game does that.  I thought it did only Hearts and Melons!

Bowser x1,000,000= Giga Bowser
Bowser x1,000,000= Giga Bowser

Print