Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 103752 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2008, 07:09:34 AM »
-Wii Play: Basically a tack-on to Wii Sports. Cow racing and the music was always relatively fun and I actually enjoy the racing music.
-Mario Party 5: Getting rid of items in favor of "candy" orb things was one of the more idiotic, let's-dumb-it-down decisions.
-Mario Party 6: Because the microphone was so sucky and feeling like an idiot because I felt like I was talking to my Gamecube, and the feeling of "same ol', same ol', " gameplay-wise.
-Mario Party 8: Not a worst at all, but an annoying experience because of the STUPID BORDERS that makes you feel like you're peering in through a peephole. Can you TURN THEM OFF or SOMETHING???
-Let's not forget BIG RIGS: OVER THE ROAD RACING

BTW, I love the Cruis'n series... and the San Fransisco Rush series.

The game I hate the most is all the Grand Theft Auto games.  I seriously hate those games to it's core.

The question is why? You're not the type of person that degrades something by stripping it down to its principle features, are you? For example, "I hate GTA because all you do is do a mission, shoot people, drive cars in between, repeat" or is it because you're the I-don't-like-an-open-ended-world-and-gameplay-with-tons-of-stuff-to-do-because-killing-people-is-part-of-it type?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
I'll bet MJ has never played GTA, and only hates it because it contains rap music and fast cars and kids these days.
every

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2008, 02:14:20 PM »
-Mario Party 6: Because the microphone was so sucky and feeling like an idiot because I felt like I was talking to my Gamecube, and the feeling of "same ol', same ol', " gameplay-wise.
I thought that Mario Party 6 was an improvement.  Orbs were much better than capsules, but not as good as items.  The mic was a very minor part of the game and you don't even have to use it.  And the mini-games were better and had less luck in them.  And the single player was better than Mario Party 5's.  I though Mario Party 6 was one of the better Mario Parties for Gamecube.
Victory... is my destiny!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »
6 and 7 were better than 4 and 5, but the Mic really was a stupid idea. At least none of those are as bad as 8 and DS.

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2008, 05:49:39 PM »
Wild Snake is probably the worst game I have yet played. I don't mind Snafu or snake but this game is not good in any aspect even the music is tacky.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2008, 03:27:28 PM »
I've heard a lot of bad things about some games (Big Rigs is one example), so I don't bother playing them. Because of this, the worst game I've ever played would probably be Superman 64, but this was a long time ago and I barely played it at all.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2008, 12:48:53 AM »
Ping Pals.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2008, 11:11:18 AM »
Ping Pals isn't a game, so it doesn't count.

It's punishment for mankind.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2008, 11:20:07 AM »
Indeed, but if we're going to not count certain bad "games" because they aren't ones , especially a lot the Wii/DS crap... man, that would never end.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »
Huh? You don't like some games for the Wii and DS? No one told me anything like that before.

Seriously, it's getting old. I didn't like anything Cammie Dunaway had to say about the core audience at E3 either but you don't see me about to ramble until I'm a skeleton. I still have hope for the games I want, a list that isn't very long, and the MOTHER 3 fan translation is seriously almost done. I don't play my DS that much anymore, mostly because I'm starting to appreciate the portable factor less and less. They announced a new Zelda game that's been said to be "accessible" for casual gamers, not "easy enough" for them. You're going to look very stupid if instead of a very easy game, it is tougher than Twilight Princess normally and has an easy mode.

I'm sorry, but I'm freaking tired of it and tired of you. You never say anything good about Nintendo, ever--did you not like Galaxy, Brawl, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario? I know you have more Wii games than I do, and are they all as bad as you say? Does something limit you to talking about current-generation games? If so, consider getting a 360? Too proud for that? Or do you just ignore any possible enjoyment you do get out of video games today? That's called pessimism.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2008, 12:58:19 PM »
SB's always had a point. Nintendo sucks right now, and saying they don't doesn't mean they don't. A couple good games every now and then doesn't make a good company. Simply having a good back catalogue doesn't either. You constantly complain about SB hating Nintendo and so on, but every negative thing he's said has been a totally valid point.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2008, 01:30:18 PM »
All I'm saying is, I'm tired of it. We all know Nintendo's E3 lineup was not very exciting this year. We all know they're really making the most of their new following (and I personally believe that it's just a phase that'll either wear off when "casual gamers" suddenly decline, or it becomes easy enough to satisfy them while focusing on the traditional games).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »
I would say Barney Hide n Seek, but being honest I actually enjoyed it.

By the way, I think a good company gains money, and Nintendo gains a lot of it. And it makes good games. It is making them now, and it will continue making them in the future.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:36:41 PM by Uvaz »
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2008, 02:46:35 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SB's always had a point. Nintendo sucks right now, and saying they don't doesn't mean they don't. A couple good games every now and then doesn't make a good company. Simply having a good back catalogue doesn't either. You constantly complain about SB hating Nintendo and so on, but every negative thing he's said has been a totally valid point.

Wrong. The Wii doesn't stink right now, because we're getting a lot of better third party titles (Boom Blox, Blastworks, De Blob, etc) and there's more first party stuff on the way (Mario Galaxy 2, Wario Land Shake, Pikmin 3, and others). And the DS sure as heck doesn't, because it continues to get tons of RPGs, platformers, puzzle games, and all kinds of other great titles. Look what's in the DS's future: Kirby Superstar Ultra, Crono Trigger DS, Mushroom Men, Dragon Quest IV, Spore Creatures, Elebits 2, Pokemon Platinum and Rangers 2, etc. And the fact is, the DS has had a lot of great titles every year since its debut - not just a lot of shovelware and a few good games.

Also, some of you guys still don't seem to be considering the possibility that Nintendo - like a lot of other companies - just didn't give a crap about E3 this year. It wouldn't suprise me if that's what they did, because E3 was going to be a shell of its former self no matter how many companies were there.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2008, 03:06:09 PM »
Look what's in the DS's future: Re-release, Re-release, Mushroom Men, Re-release, Spin-off, Sequel to crappy game, Pokemon spin-offs, etc.

Fixed.

Save for Mushroom Men, which actually does look sorta cool, and sure-fire awesomeness like the PW Edgeworth spinoff, there's nothing to be truly excited about regarding the DS unless you like RPG re-releases. But the Wii's in the worst shape. I can count the number of truly great, triple-A titles released per year on one hand.

Every pro-Nintendo argument I've seen lists the exception, not the rule. The Wii has SMG, yeah, but so what? Everyone here's beaten that like four times over, and some new games would be appreciated. Just admit it: Nintendo desperately needs to shape up.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 03:09:05 PM by Glorb »
every

Print