Print

Author Topic: E3 Thread: 2015 Edition  (Read 19704 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 04:37:48 PM »
It it wasn't Metroid branded I think more people would like it. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 06:40:11 PM »
This. If it was just called Federation Force the response would be more mixed than negative.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »
I wonder if people were this vocal when Mario spin-offs started coming out of the woodwork.
I'm a horrible person.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »
They were.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2015, 09:02:12 PM »
Reggie likens the reaction to MP:FF to the initial reaction to Wind Waker's visual style.

I hope Wind Waker isn't going to be Nintendo's card every time a game looks bad from the outset. You can't say "you're acting just like back then" because the circumstances surrounding each are not the same.

I'd go into more detail but as much as I care about Zelda and think good things about Wind Waker and suspect Twilight Princess is a rebuttal to the Wind Waker backlash, I just don't care enough about Mario Paint Freedom Fighters. I don't care enough that Samus isn't in it or the graphics are a joke or that it's not a Metroid adventure because it just... looks... boring. If a game just looks not worth the time to play it, anything else is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:04:50 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 09:48:44 PM »
It would be a more valid comparison if WW didn't feature Link or Zelda.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2015, 10:01:46 PM »
Didn't he also try to say that the reaction to Mr. Peepers' Federation Force was the same as the reaction to Splatoon last year?

Look, we know that the fans want a straight Samus Aran game. We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it vs. what other companies do which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years. It’s just not the way we do things. We know the community wants to see a straight-up Metroid game. We know it.
I mean, at least Reggie didn't murder a Metroid fan with his laser eyes, so there's that.

Also, "we don't want to announce games until we know they're going to release within a year" he says as Nintendo announces the Zelda game for every console years in advance and then delays it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:27 AM »
It would be a more valid comparison if WW didn't feature Link or Zelda.
It also wouldn't have been an issue if Metroid as a series had spent a good chunk of its existence with the cartoony style.  Wind Waker really wasn't all that revolutionary if you look at the style of ALttP or the very first game.  There's also the issue with WW that part of the backlash was due to being shown a demo of a much different project early on.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2015, 09:48:52 AM »
Reggie likens the reaction to MP:FF to the initial reaction to Wind Waker's visual style.

I hope Wind Waker isn't going to be Nintendo's card every time a game looks bad from the outset. You can't say "you're acting just like back then" because the circumstances surrounding each are not the same.
Yeah, apples to oranges of the highest degree. Wind Waker definitely looked risky at the time, but (1) Nintendo was still pushing it as a legit Zelda game, (2) it didn't come on the heels of one horribly-received game, borrowing the name of another critically-acclaimed sub-series that hadn't seen a new entry in eight years.

Also, "we don't want to announce games until we know they're going to release within a year" he says as Nintendo announces the Zelda game for every console years in advance and then delays it.
Yeah... how long has that been a thing, and why?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »
Remember, it could always be worse:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlbtlrKlQRU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlbtlrKlQRU</a>

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2015, 01:04:48 AM »
THIS IS A WII U GAME

IN 4:3 ASPECT RATIO

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2015, 01:20:15 AM »
Apparently that was the iOS version, but it doesn't bode well for the console release.

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2015, 03:01:06 AM »
I in no way care about "the Metroid issue" but that Reggie spiel is pure unfiltered grade-A steaming bull[dukar].

Xenoblade Chronicles X and Yoshi's Wooly World and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, hmm, where have I seen those hot E3 games before...

Oh that's right THE NINTENDO DIRECT FROM JANUARY 2013

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2015, 03:36:16 AM »
SSB4 was also technically announced in 2012 as a "We'll do it sometime" thing, much like Zelda U when explaining why they made WWHD

Print