Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers  (Read 44209 times)

« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2009, 07:34:34 AM »
Haha, mea culpa, don't hate me! Like I said, I know I'm in the severe minority. For SOME reason people seem to love it. :)

But I do think, somewhat more objectively perhaps, that there are a number of much more original possibilities for a "New Super Mario" platformer.

New Super Mario Land would surely be more interesting, a Mario vs Donkey platformer as I mentioned might be cool. SMB3 and SMW just get too much attention, and its as much a bandwagon as it is warranted.

And for what its worth, I think my first post might have been bagging SMW too, I can't remember. :P

« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »
NSMB except with Donkey Kong as the villian and Diddy Kong replacing Bowser Jr., I'd buy that.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2009, 06:50:07 PM »
And for what its worth, I think my first post might have been bagging SMW too, I can't remember. :P
No, it was about you being physically similar to Waluigi. And not to keep getting off-topic, but did you ever consider the New/Returning Members thread after a two-year hiatus?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2009, 07:44:04 PM »
Actually, I can truthfully say that thought would never have crossed my mind at all. :|

Another thought: Why not turn the Dr Mario phenomena into a DS platformer? At the very least it would have a wicked soundtrack, and it'd have potential with coloured pills instead of conventional powerups...

The possibilities are endless! This is what I mean when I say using SMW as the blueprint for yet another Mario platformer would surely be, to me, uninspired at best. Think outside the square!

(NSMB was essentially a melting pot of SMB 1, SMB 3 and SMW anyway. And highly enjoyable it is too, but why do it again with so many other options?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:19:06 AM by Wilbury »

« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2009, 10:06:53 PM »
Actually, I can truthfully say that thought would never have crossed my mind at all. :|

Another thought: Why not turn the Dr Mario phenomena into a DS platformer? At the very least it would have a wicked soundtrack, and it'd have potential with coloured pills instead of conventional powerups...

The possibilities are endless! This is what I mean when I say using SMW as the blueprint for yet another Mario platformer would surely be, to me, uninspired at best. Think outside the square!

(NSMB was essentially a melting pot of SMB 1, SMB 3 and SMW anyway. And highly enjoyable it is too, but why do it again with so many other options?)

NSMB also had a few Mario 64 parts. (Wall jumps and Ground pound)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »
What's wrong with a melting pot?

I don't have any problem with a rehash as long as there are shout-outs to previous games, and the visuals are updated, and the soundtrack is retro-ly epic (SMG's old songs orchestrated, for example).

What I'm meaning is, I would be happy if they took old NES/SNES mario games and updated the visuals to Galaxy's levels (read: not NSMB's).

My list for games that should be revisited and updated to today's capabilities (graphics, sound, interface, etc.) includes:

-SMAS
-SMW
-Parappa the Rappa (btw I hear Parappa 3 is being announced)
-Need for Speed: High Stakes (4th game in series)
-Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (5th game in series)

(Need for Speed: Underground and every one since then SUCKS. Friggin' Fast and the Furious video games is what they should be labeled as...)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:44:24 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print