Print

Author Topic: Shigeru Miyamoto's "The Super Mario Bros. Movie"  (Read 26963 times)

« on: October 06, 2022, 02:21:13 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMPCXuvL8EM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMPCXuvL8EM</a>

Looks pretty interesting from this short trailer! Big fan of the Mario 64 penguins making an appearance.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:40:12 PM by bobbysq1337 »

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:38:37 PM »
I love the penguins.
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 12:43:05 AM »
I recognize Kamek's voice from Super Mario Bros. Super Show.  I can't quite put my finger on an exact character, though.

Is anyone else disappointed that Charles Martinet didn't get the lead role?  At least his name is in the credits there...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 07:34:34 PM »
I recognize Kamek's voice from Super Mario Bros. Super Show.  I can't quite put my finger on an exact character, though.
"Sultan Pasbah"? (of a "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" segment named "Mario's Magic Carpet")

- Mario500, visitor of this site since the calendar year 1999.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 11:07:02 PM »
Maybe!  That certainly sounds familiar; I just wish I had my DVDs to confirm... He may have done multiple roles, also.

I would bet a cinnamon roll that it is the same person.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 06:45:26 AM »
(wonders about whether the "Kamek" mentioned in this message was a reference to a certain character in the video on this page (specifically between these points of its length: 5:06 - 5:15) or a reference to a certain character similar to that character in a certain animated "Super Mario World" episode named "Ghosts 'R' Us" ("Wizenheimer"))

(note #1: the "Wizerheimer" and "Sultan Pasbah" mentioned on this page thus far appeared to have had voices similar to each other)

(note #2: certain "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" segments appeared to have had at least one "Beezo" character appear with voices similar to the character in the video mentioned just before the note just before this one)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 06:47:36 AM by Mario500 »

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 04:01:14 AM »
Hey, you are a good researcher!  Thanks!

Is this the sultan you were talking about?  He might be the same voice actor.  It's tough to tell... In any case, I feel almost certain there was a character in one of the Mario cartoons that sounds exactly like the Kamek in the movie trailer.

It's going to bug me, too.  Sorry if it also bugs you now, hehe.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2022, 07:35:50 AM »
Is this the sultan you were talking about?
(answer: yes) 
He might be the same voice actor.  It's tough to tell... In any case, I feel almost certain there was a character in one of the Mario cartoons that sounds exactly like the Kamek in the movie trailer.

It's going to bug me, too.  Sorry if it also bugs you now, hehe.
(senses no bugging in thy self)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 07:38:53 AM by Mario500 »

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 01:52:17 PM »
Do u wanna be on the line the moment the ticket sales starts?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023, 07:49:16 PM »
But will it be as good as the Bob Hoskins Mario movie from 1993?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 01:24:17 AM »
No, of course not.  But we can still enjoy it.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2023, 11:25:23 AM »
Got my tickets for Wednesday, I can't wait! I can't believe they sampled the rap from the Mario Super Show. Never thought I'd hear that again.

Edit: How come I'm unable to start a new topic?

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2023, 07:59:26 PM »
I think topic-posting privileges are unlocked after posting a certain number of times (like ten or something).

More importantly, congrats on scoring an early ticket!  Is it an actual, physical one?  If so, save that baby for the scrap book.

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2023, 09:03:53 AM »
I had a feeling it would unlock after so many posts. I've been a lurker for years, shame to see not much activity lately.

I wish it was a physical one! I ordered online just to be safe, I wanted to be there opening night. Although they did email me a copy so I could print that out.

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2023, 04:59:58 AM »
If only life didn't get in the way and opening night was a possibility :(
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

Print