Print

Author Topic: Warning: Mario Pins Poisonous  (Read 17695 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »

Nintendo is recalling a series of lapel pins that were sold through Nintendo World Store and given away as promotional items to retailers, due to possible lead poisoning. The pins are pictured above (click to enlarge). I know I have just about all of these. Good thing I didn't let my son get a hold of them!

Link: gamespot.com
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:47:11 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:35:31 PM »
I've got the Bowser one. And you know what? I'm going to live life on the razor's edge and keep it. I don't wear it, anyway, and every effing thing in the world's got lead in it these days (but not like it didn't before... they made everything out of lead three/four-hundred years ago).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 09:47:51 PM »
I didn't know you had a son. I mean, not like I'm stalking you and keeping tabs on all your personal information, it's just that from the pictures of you I've incidentally observed, I would have guessed you were younger than that.

Ideally, this should be taken as a non-creepy, non-awkward compliment.

But we don't live in an ideal world.

Because if we did, we wouldn't have toys made out of lead.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »
*Glances at CT*

Well, it had to happen eventually... I am I riddled with holes because of eating so much lead? Questions, questions...

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 09:57:52 PM »
I didn't know you had a son. I mean, not like I'm stalking you and keeping tabs on all your personal information, it's just that from the pictures of you I've incidentally observed, I would have guessed you were younger than that.

Ideally, this should be taken as a non-creepy, non-awkward compliment.

But we don't live in an ideal world.

Because if we did, we wouldn't have toys made out of lead.

Haha, it's cool. i have pics of him on my myspace: http://myspace.com/superjessemario there's one of him with my mario toys, putting them in his mouth. :P
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »
Blame Bush for his lack of oversight and outsourcing stuff like toys and lead being "found" in these products.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »
Yeah... it's definitely sad and all when kids get sick off of stuff like this, but I'm having a harder and harder time mustering sympathy. I mean, we've more or less got half of China working in sweatshops--just consider it karma.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »
Blame Bush for his lack of oversight and outsourcing stuff like toys and lead being "found" in these products.

Oh, yes!  Let's blame Bush for every little thing that isn't even his fault!  What fun!
Bush wasn't perfect, but I would still have voted for him over the alternatives.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 06:57:12 PM »
Are you nuts? He and his back runners ruined this country's economy, drafted a cattle-fecal-matter patriot act, started wars with countries for oil and land. He barely nicked terrorism. My plan to surround Iran with people every 3 inches and clean them out. There is no oversight in this country now because his administration. Outsourcing our passports just so they are made a little bit cheaper while breaching our security. Him and Reagan are the worst presidents in American History Now they want to get rid of our gun rights so they can control us and are doing much worse things to this once and still grand country. I approve of nothing he has done. There is much more I can explain about the reign of terror Bush has put us under.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 05:42:40 AM by Suffix »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 07:01:53 PM »
Please let's not start another one of these discussions.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 07:21:41 PM »
Please let's not start another one of these discussions.
You're only saying that because you like the GCN controller, aren't you? Fascist.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »
Nah, politics are just boring and are usually irrelevant to the original topic at hand.
So, lead in Mario pins, hm? It's not new to me; lead poisoning happens all the time.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 10:45:50 PM »
Why are people eating the paint off of these pins? I know babies stick everything in their mouths, but even if I didn't know it was poisonous paint I wouldn't let a baby eat one. It's a freaking PIN! With a sharp point! That's small enough to swallow! I wouldn't leave a pin closer to a baby than a thumbtack or a chainsaw... And if someone my age were eating these pins, I'd be a bit confused.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 11:50:15 PM »
Oh, the paint on them is made of lead?  For some reason I just imagined people accidentally pricking themselves with the pointy pin part while putting the buttons on, not knowing they had just been been injected with a deadly dose of lead from the pin's metallic coating...
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 06:28:51 AM »
I don't think anybody is putting them in their mouths, much less eating them--companies just do this these days when they find out (always, somehow, months or years after the product's release) there's lead in something.

How much lead is too much, anyway?

Print