Print

Author Topic: TMK is at least 5 years overdue for a redesign!!  (Read 9613 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 01:15:07 PM »
The splash screen is an out of date idea and I find it to be irritating. Whenever I come here, I just type ....com/tmk/tmk.shtml  To avoid the splashscreen.

Besides, that's not what I'm talking about.

____
My Wario''s on fire!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 06:15:15 PM »
Still the design of the entire site is fine, it doesn't need a change....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2004, 10:57:29 AM »
Some people might have a different opinion.
A new design doesn't have to be stupid, as suggested in previous posts, it just has to bring a fresh new look to TMK and the FF.

____
My Wario''s on fire!

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2004, 11:17:49 AM »
I posted a topic on another board: Clicky!

____

My Wario''s on fire!

Edited by - wariolandman on 9/25/2004 10:19:13 AM

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2004, 04:18:59 PM »
Wow, people from another board agree with you, I'm convinced, let's redesign the site.

Egg Power

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2004, 11:54:59 PM »
Hehe. The only posts in that thread worth listening to are the ones that use proper capitalization.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2004, 11:22:57 AM »
I like the fact that TMK has a dark background and high contrast colors.  It reminds me of a site I made a long time ago.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TEM

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2004, 02:36:40 PM »
Hmmm. The words, "I made a long time ago." turn green and have an underline when my mouse goes over them like a link, but they are unclickable.

Egg Power

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2004, 02:45:53 PM »
http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/index2.html

The link work fine for me, but there it is if it didn't for you.  Deezer used red and blue as they are Mario's colors while my site had more yellow and purple colors.  some yellow could work on TMK since Mario's buttons are yellow, but purple won't work.  Green might also be a welcome color since Luigi also is from TMK.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2004, 07:45:54 PM »
Purple wouldn't work?  That's all TMK used to be: black and purple.  Thank goodness those days are over.

Anyway, if you realized just how big TMK is, and then realize that a fair amount of the design was hard coded (since it was designed before CSS was widely used), you'd understand the sheer amount of work that would have to be done: every single page changed.  That said, we are working on updating certain parts of the site, but it will be more of an evolutionary than revolutionary change.  We'd rather give you content than asthetics, and the asthetics aren't half-bad anyway.

With Nintendo pushing retro themes, why can't this site stay retro?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2004, 08:30:22 PM »
I meant that purple wasn't a Mario color.  To be truely retro it would have to plain text, possibly black & white, or the two GameBoy colors.

I like it the way it is, but would be willing to edit pages to CSS format if you or Deezer make the template.  With CSS we could easily change the color scheme and images to fit a holiday, new game or system release, etc.

TEM

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2004, 02:45:33 PM »
Retro

Egg Power

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2004, 06:34:48 PM »
Yeah, I realize this site must be absolutely monstrous, but I believe a redesign could be done.

Is Deezer still using WordPad? Deezer, you should consider purchasing a nice HTML program like DreamWeaver. With DreamWeaver, LOADS of stuff is simplified. You can even make a universal template to apply to every page or certain ones. Changing site design would be a simple as updating a few templates. DreamWeaver is definitely worth the money, and it's what I use for my site, Mac GUI

____

My Wario''s on fire!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2004, 11:20:47 PM »
Are you trying to imply that your site looks better than TMK?  AHAHAHAHAHAHA, you're certainly not going to convince us to change based on that!  Dreamweaver might be good for the technically inept, but it sucks otherwise.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2004, 12:05:43 AM »
As it stands now, I can easily change the menu appearance, logos, and some text properties. I just don't want to.

Print