Print

Author Topic: Talkback: Mailbag 10 Jul 2006  (Read 8747 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:01:12 PM »
The mailbag makes a quick return with 100% less sound. Post your comments here!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:03:20 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:04:36 PM »
That guy who talked about the murder and he was dead if we read that. THAT was wierd.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:11:34 PM »
Seems like they're on some sort of cycle again. The last letter was awesome.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 11:48:44 AM »
I'd have to agree with Max. I almost fell out of my chair laughing after reading that one.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 09:12:28 AM »
My compliments to the chef for the perfect headline:
Quote from: Deezer
Another mailbag already? I don't believe it either.
Also, I love that Sapphira has never actually seen any anime.  She is the Goddess Virgo, and I hope the streak continues.  I agree with the last letter being pretty awesome, too.  Other good things that came from this mailbag:  reading Deezer's NSMB review; feeling happy for the people who actually sent in new, previously-unknown to TMK information; and LD's as-per-usual witty and interesting responses--along with everyone else's of course, but this LD character strikes a particular chord with me.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 03:35:02 PM »
:D

Oh, I may be a Virgo, but I'm no goddess. A princess? Maybe... ;P
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 08:52:35 PM »
I know Princess Peach, and you're no Princess Peach.  Superlative Princess Palmolive possibly. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 10:19:16 PM »
I'm Princess Peach (Pt_Peach), and of course she's not me! But that first letter about SSBM sucking, that was wierd.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 12:44:35 AM »
I never said I was Princess Peach.

And you're not Princess Peach; you're pt_peach! :P
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 12:56:45 AM »
Superlative Princess Palmolive... that made me lol.

The mailbag is back! Awesome! I have been meaning to write in about something... but I forgot what. ^^'
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 10:36:27 AM »
Dear DeadAwake: ? A lot of anime is good.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 01:00:17 PM »
Yeah, what's wrong with anime? It's just like any normal cartoon, just done by Japanese people.

So, if Sapph watched anime, she'd no longer be your vision of a "goddess Virgo"? That's stupid.

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »
I think he was saying that Sapphira was a virgin to anime, hence the Virgo. I dunno.

Anime is not "just like any normal cartoon". There are fundamental differences in storytelling methods, animation style, and intended audiences. It has a different name for a reason.

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »
I've tried to write a post arguing that, but I can't. :P Though yeah, anime is usually serial and other cartoons have different storylines in each episode. That's really the only TRUE difference I can think of, besides animation style. All cartoons can have intended audiences, though.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 12:06:00 AM »
Well, oftentimes animes are much more sophisticated than American cartoons. Come to think of it, are there any actually serious American cartoons? All I can think of is like, live-action drama-type shows.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 01:51:02 AM »
Many of the superhero cartoons are serious, like Superman or Batman, for instance. It may just be the DC and Marvel ones that are serious, though.
Other than those types, I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 02:22:17 AM »
HOLY FREAKIN' DUKAR! A hugely old email from me ended up in there!!! My old email used to be IamSamnoegsnoham... I was such a n00b.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 12:00:24 PM »
Lemme go see how much of a n00b Bird Person used to be *goes to see* That's not nearly as n00b as I was. My letter was in the podcast. And I'm embarassed to tell you which one was me!

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 01:43:39 PM »
I'm a little scared to hear the respone to my letter in the previous mailbag.  "Sup, ma bro Chuppason!" What in the world was I thinking?! X__X XD

Edit: Okay, that wasn't so bad.  Wow, you guys were totally losing it! XD I'm a little worried though that I shamed you.

Professor Deepthrought asked whether or not I was going to write that fan fic I mentioned before (I think the one where I said TMK people would go to the real Mushroom Kingdom) and my answer is no.  I'm not going to write that, but instead I hope to work on a new fan fic that could be 100 times better.  DT, you can check out "Mario and TMK unite!" in the Story Boards if you want a story like that. ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:15:28 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print