Poll

Which prize is better?

Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
Mario Hat
Print

Author Topic: The Platinum Problem  (Read 23728 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »
EDIT: By the way, you needn't spend another penny on Nintendo products if you're willing to forfeit your moral convictions long enough to follow this guy's example.
Gamestop should really keep those things behind the desk with the games. Although I'm not sure I'd trust some of the guys at my Gamestop to not register the games themselves if they were back there.

Also, that guy's voice sounds almost exactly like what I'd expect the voice of a guy who does something like that to sound like.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 10:02:08 PM »
Since I work at a place that sells games, I'm telling you right now that keeping the registration cards with the discs is a ridiculous idea.
Although it's true, a lot of people never register the games before they sell them to us. I probably have several used games with unused registration numbers lying around.
That was a joke.

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 11:28:47 PM »
Yes, I am like the young Luigison. I am by no means rich, but as a healthy single dude with a job, no kids, and no debts, I can easily pump thousands of dollars into gaming with no repercussions.

Also, that guy's voice sounds almost exactly like what I'd expect the voice of a guy who does something like that to sound like.
Hahaha

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 09:11:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure the guy in that video just came up with that idea in his head without actually trying it.
every

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 01:38:58 AM »
the only video game company that matters

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 04:13:08 AM »
the only video game company that matters?

No! I don't want that!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 11:39:22 AM »

Bert.
every

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 12:52:46 AM »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:06:00 AM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »
OOH ICE BERT.
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2009, 07:11:41 PM »
Sorry to bump, but I have some crap to say, hat-wise.

I'd say the hat.... I think that's the closest thing we'll ever get to an actual, in-relative-proportion Mario hat.

I hate seeing normal baseball hats or trucker hats with a mesh back half on it with a huge white circle glued on it that has a generic, Arial font "M" printed on it. Also, I hate seeing people trying to pass off Newsboy caps with the brim button popped as a legitimate Mario hat.... Mario's hat isn't poofy or anything. (Although... the Newsboy I have is actually very close to the shape of Mario's hat, but does have a bunch of seams coming from the center button on top.

So yeah, I'd take the hat on account of not owning Punch-Out.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2009, 07:46:06 PM »
Posts As Art

(R.I.P. Steven9wii)

Print