Print

Author Topic: Luigi's Mansion 2  (Read 29161 times)

« on: June 09, 2011, 12:48:32 PM »
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/detail/#/3ds/luigismansion

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread for this yet.

This is a total dream game for me.  I love-love-loooooooooved the first one, but I never thought we'd be getting a sequel.  Probably because of how much I love the Mario series, and the fact that Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time.  Pretty potent combo there. 

Glad to hear there'll be multiple "mansions," one of them having an Egyptian theme, complete with mummies!  It'd be cool if a remixed version of the original mansion was in there somewhere, maybe as the first level or an unlockable bonus world.  Hopefully multiple mansions means multiple enemy types.  Ghostbusting of course should be the heart of the game, but seeing already that Luigi is gonna take on mummies, I'd love to see him trap Draculas and Wolfmans and zombies and stuff.  Zombies and animated skeletons would both be pretty funny to suck up with the Poltergust 5000 (body parts flying off and getting sucked up one at a time). 

Multiplayer could be awesome as well.  I'm thinking a co-op "horde" mode.  Mario, Luigi, Toad and a Mii (obviously I'd want multiple playable characters) all back to back, suckin' up wave after wave of ghosts and ghouls. 

I always liked to think that the original Luigi's Mansion took place at the same time as Mario Sunshine--because I forgot Mario was in LM--but maybe LM 2 can take place at the same time as Super Mario 3DS.  I don't know why, but that little bit of side-by-side continuity would be really cool to me.

I'm very excited about this.  LM2 is a 3DS killer app as far as I'm concerned. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:03:37 PM »
Why hasn't anyone responded to this post, this was the best part of E3.
For serious.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:30:28 PM »
This is a good antithesis to the bobman37:Ykwrs effect. 

I agree with the OP and assume that most if not all of the other eighty something people that viewed this do too.  It seems posts here that get a lot of responses are usually ones that some people disagree with. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »
Of course it works like that. Agreement isn't interactive.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »
I like to think that the side-by-side continuuity would be cool, but watch Luigi appear in Super Mario 3DS (and Mario in LM2), thus throwing off that theory.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:41:25 PM »
I like to think that the side-by-side continuuity would be cool, but watch Luigi appear in Super Mario 3DS (and Mario in LM2), thus throwing off that theory.

It'd be even cooler (if also a blatant money-grab) if you could link the games together once they're finished for a massive co-op boss battle. Or something.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 11:05:06 PM »
Maybe having a save file for one of the games could open up special content in the other.  Having a save file for LM2 lets you play as Luigi in Mario3DS and vice versa. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 10:09:02 PM »
The ghost look different, and there will be knights. THis game will be epic.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:23:19 PM »
I don't like the new ghosts look quite as much as the ones from the first game, but it's not a game changer. I'm glad the game will be longer though. I most likely will pick this up when it comes out.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 12:31:12 AM »
In my excitement for LM 2, I just finished a replay-through of the original (Rank B ending if you're curious--I forgot to water the big plant outside!).  The game is still a blast, a short but sweet combination of frantic fishing-style ghostbusting, exploration and treasure hunting and some light puzzling. 

Impressions from E3: http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/20110608/tc_digitaltrends/e32011handsonluigismansion2

Rockin' title art:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:01:54 AM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 06:49:25 PM »
Wow! I love that artwork!! It makes me all giddy and giggly!

But, it does raise a question: does this mean King Boo is back? Are we assuming this is the same King Boo..? (ok, so two questions..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »
Did LM1's King Boo have that diamond on its crown?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »
It didn't quiet look like that, but yes. It's always the final diamond you collected.

It's also the reason he's a heavy weight in MKDD.. :p

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 12:16:02 AM »
Yeah, while I love that art, I was hoping for a new boss.  King Boo is fine but... that's all.  He's just fine. 

I love the idea that the crown is so heavy, THAT'S why he's a heavy character in Mario Kart.  Thank you for that. :)
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »
The Boos with the new laugh that they've had since NSMB

The one that sucks

Try to imagine what the first game would've been like if they'd made that change then

Try to imagine fighting Boolossus with that

Auuuh noooo...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print