Poll

Who will you vote for or do you think will win?

Obama
8 (61.5%)
Romney
1 (7.7%)
Obama wins the popular, but loses the electoral
1 (7.7%)
Romney wins the popular, but loses the electoral
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: November 06, 2012, 09:25:56 AM

Print

Author Topic: Day Zero  (Read 47728 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:25:56 AM »
Or do you think the Zombies will take over and the world will end on Dec. 21? 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:41:22 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »
I think Obama will win, but I'm probably going to vote for a third-party candidate.  I'm hoping Mitt Romney does not win, as he doesn't look too favorably on marriage equality or the poor.  As far as I know, I mean.  Politics always make me think I'm stuck in 1984, the novel.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 12:24:59 PM »
I thought this would be another Paper Mario: Sticker Star thread.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »
Despite Romney's recent bump in popularity due to the debates, his long term success has been shoddy at best and his campaign is awful. I don't think he'll win.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
The way things look now, I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way. There are many people who are dissatisfied with President Obama's leadership, and I think that the media is overly enthusiastic about the president generally speaking, which is imo probably engineered. On the flip side, I would think that a lot of people for better or worse, are afraid of Romney for various reasons; their mentality of the upper class, their worries about Social Spending and so forth. The nation seems to be divided though, which is fun.
[-------------------Will Fill in Later-------------------] .... (maybe)

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »
The way things look now, I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way. There are many people who are dissatisfied with President Obama's leadership, and I think that the media is overly enthusiastic about the president generally speaking, which is imo probably engineered. On the flip side, I would think that a lot of people for better or worse, are afraid of Romney for various reasons; their mentality of the upper class, their worries about Social Spending and so forth. The nation seems to be divided though, which is fun.

I think that's a fair point. (And, on an unrelated note, you sure do like making your words bold and fancy)
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
Well I do try to be fair, mai friendu. I like to emphasize certain words when speaking in text, in an effort to make my paragraphs more visually engaging. I am told that I talk fancy quite often though, both on the internet and in everyday life.

Personally, I don't like Romney or Obama... But, at the end of the day we must make a choice, and my eggs are not in Obama's basket, to his dismay I'm sure.

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »
He is personally offended at your forum post.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 06:45:27 PM »
Good, that's what he gets for being incompetent. Hahahaha,

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 03:22:29 PM »
Has anyone already or does anyone want to change their vote after the debates? 

I didn't put an undecided option in the poll, but if you are undecided feel free to post.  Maybe we can help each other decide. 

Can those that voted for the on of the last to options explain their reasoning?  I've read and listened to a lot of talk about doing away with the electoral college over the last week or so and it seems the idea is gaining ground on both sides. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC42HgLA4k" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC42HgLA4k</a>
(link)

Also this. First-Past-The-Post voting is the worst. And we'll never get away from it, because both parties would suffer equally without it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »
Has anyone already or does anyone want to change their vote after the debates? 

No, not in the slightest. One sophisticated debate won't erase everything Romney said leading up to it. Not surprisingly, Romney enjoyed quite the boost in popularity after the first debate despite trailing in the polls prior to it...American's have an astoundingly short memory span.

I'm not saying Obama is any better (or that I'm even voting for him), but seriously, why Romney? And why just because he articulated his agenda fluently, which, all things considered, is still the word of a jerk who doesn't care about 47% of voters because they don't initially support him?

Also, the winner of the next debate will win the election. That's what it's going to come down to despite what either man has to offer in terms of getting this country back on its feet.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:26:09 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 07:34:14 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UrOmhH2PeI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UrOmhH2PeI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EohGmG-QUhA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EohGmG-QUhA</a>
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 07:53:10 PM »
Hahaha, props to the last guy for actually questioning whether there was a debate.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print