Print

Author Topic: Why do most people hate Pokemon?  (Read 8031 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 06:05:59 AM »
Sorry Mr. Wiggles. I only knew that Latias Dita and White_Arrow were fans. Everybody here respects you so how can you say that no one loves you?

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 12:20:09 PM »
I'm also a big Pokemon fan. I own Jade and Green version.I plan on getting pearl and diamond. The DS versions.

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 01:59:13 PM »
The no one loves me comment was a joke.

Hey you know that Jade version that you uh, tote around? That's a bootleg.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 05:17:55 PM »
I like it. I thought I made that clear...

What's Jade like? I know it's fake, but there must be something in it.

"It's impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 05:23:49 PM »
Those are the Japanese versions. Jade I'm not sure.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 11:47:59 AM »
Add me to the list, I do not hate Pokemon.

Nor does it make a lot of sense.... If you do not like pokemon, or have gotten tired of it, why hate it it? There is no reason. If you don't play pokemon, just don't discuss it. There is no reason to say, "Pokemon sucks!", or Pokemon is gay".

I own nearly all the GB games. I must say, I find the cartoons boring. I haven't watched them in about a year. But I don ot hate them.
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 06:10:32 PM »
QUOTE:I find the cartoons boring. I haven't watched them in about a year
-------------
That's exactly why I've stopped watching it.

"This is a SQUARE HOUSE. Please report any un-fairness to the proprietor"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 11:06:10 PM »
Hey! I'm back!... again. I just don't get online as often anymore, my sister's usually on all day.

I know what I can do... I could get an emulator for GBA to get Ruby & Sapphire. Yes, it's "illegal" but what kind of cop is going to go to every person who's ever downloaded a free game/ song's house?
I succeeded in getting a Visual Boy Advance (My cousin has one and told me about it) but I don't know where to get the games. I'm just going to forget about it... I just wish I -- Idea struck -- I can get one used... I could trade some of my dusty stuff! Just a sec'!

List: Banjo Kazooie (got it long, long ago...), Metroid DS demo, spare SP charger, aaand... that's it. Woohoo. I probably won't get a cent out of the demo...

Got Bird? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2005, 01:40:05 PM »
Class, can someone tell me how Bird Person's post is relevent to this discussion?

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2005, 06:44:07 PM »
I didn't want to start a new topic.

Got Bird? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 10:34:19 AM »
The only reason I don't watch the Pokemon tv show is that our house doesn't have cable/satelite.

--------------------
"Whilst thy banter is freshest of any month-old fruit, I must away, you poppinjays! I''m off to find me lute! Forsooth!"
"..... What the crap was that all about?"
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 11:20:42 AM »
You know the old pokemon games are okay but now they over do it.

Go mario!!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 11:27:46 AM »
Um, you can see the Pokemon show on reguler TV unless for some strange reason you're WB affiliate doesn't carry the KidsWB block anymore.

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 02:18:03 PM »
Or maybe her market doesn't have a WB affiliate

"This is a SQUARE HOUSE. Please report any un-fairness to the proprietor"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2005, 04:28:25 PM »
I, for one, only mildly enjoy Pokemon now, because the series has just been so overly rehashed too many times. But that is also why the series has survived almost ten years: it is more of the same material, although over time this material was referred to as "stuff" and eventually "crap" by some. This is partly why its rival, Digimon, is dead now: It got too complex and different. Let's take a look:

First Season: Great overall plot and interesting concept made it a smash hit with most kids.
Second Season: Similar to the first and still popular.
Third season: Began dabbling in wierd crap like kids fusing with Digimon, worlds fusing with other worlds, Digimon fusing with worlds, kids becoming Digimon, etc.
Fourth and Final Season: For all I know, there may be a hidden fifth season that nobody cares about. By then the show had become a silly Power Rangers ripoff, with the kids AS Digimon, fighting stupid villians.

However, Pokemon urged onward until now, when kids realized that the game they were playing, the cards they were trading and the show they were watching were all rehashes of rehashes of rehashy rehashes, right around the time they got Pokemon Cubic Zerconia Diamon Jade Special Limited Super Edition.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Print