Print

Author Topic: Anyone here making a Mario computer game?  (Read 34838 times)

« on: June 22, 2002, 05:08:57 PM »
I've seen a few people make Mario game clones, but not that many. Many more have done ROM hacks of Mario games(I've done a couple, but it's just too limiting). Peblo did a game, but he's the only one I've heard of on this forum doing a game. Anyone here making a Mario game clone or ROM hack?

I'm back to work on mine after more than a month. Today I made it so small Mario could do a killer backflip with Up and B, to dodge enemies and in the future, player projectiles such as fireballs. Now he's not so defenseless! I would upload my newer version to an FTP, but my newly implemented enemy, the crab, is still invincible. I may let Super Mario do a slide later on.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2002, 05:13:30 PM »
My newest version is up for download here.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 7/31/2003 8:16:35 PM

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2002, 05:22:21 PM »
I once made a pretty good (though rather buggy) Mario game using Click and Create, but it was never actually finished.  Good old Super Mario Universe...
And currently I've got a couple games in development, though they don't actually include Mario (they're both Yoshi-based.)  One is a platform-puzzle game based off an old 8-bit game, and the other one's a platform game (though right now it's not really more than a really excellent engine.)

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2002, 06:04:39 PM »
What language is it in? Mine is in BASIC. I was gonna do a wall kick, but then one second later I realize there's no walls in Mario Bros. My job would be a lot easier without multiplayer(the player arrays get confusing), but that's my main focus.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2002, 06:14:07 PM »
I'm actually using a pseudo-programming application that retains all of the logical concepts of programming without a lot of code or syntax.  It's a program called Multimedia Fusion made by Clickteam.  Perhaps you've heard of The Games Factory?  This is the same company and same basic program, only much more advanced.

Go Moon!

Edited by - Fifth on 6/22/2002 5:14:56 PM
Go Moon!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2002, 07:17:20 PM »
I've used Klik n' Play and The Games Factory but found it way too limiting. But with BASIC, you have to do the distance and gravity computations, friction slowdown, sprite positioning after every game frame, obstacle blocking, and animation frames all on your own with variables and arrays. Things got even more confusing when I made the players able to pick things and each other up. But my program, Dark Basic, made things easier with collision and sprite drawing.

Oh, did I tell anyone I turned 14 about a week ago?

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2002, 07:35:07 PM »
I'm making a YI clone in Winter!
YOSHI'S WINTER!!!

It is just like YI, but with improved things and is in winter.

PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL ME! IF I EMAIL YOU (a GoldenYoshi address), Then You might Beta-test.

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2002, 07:17:54 AM »
I'm currently working on a hack of Super Mario World. I dunt have a name yet, but I"ll post it up when it's done... 'course, I only finished the first level, so it'll be a while. But I garuntee greatness!

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2002, 11:01:57 AM »
I wasn't getting any replies to the topic in Site Discussion about Mario computer games so I thought I'd post it here.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2002, 11:34:15 AM »
I made a mistake, you need DirectX 8.1 or higher(if one exists yet) to play the game, not 7 or higher.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2002, 09:40:34 PM »
I compiled my second version! Now to find somewhere to upload it to......

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2002, 12:24:47 PM »
ive made a mario game, email me if you want it. if any one uses multimedia fusion to build games i can help them.
i want someplace to upload my games(and other files)for free to use on my site, does anyone know of a place?

Are people around you aware that Mario is a touchy subject?

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2002, 08:26:45 AM »
I emailed Deezer with my game. I hope it appears on the game downloads section.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2002, 12:57:59 PM »
i emailed him my game too, months ago i guess hes not going to put it on.

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2002, 09:53:02 AM »
Anyone have a good Yoshi's Island or RPG Battle Engine? Wait, no, I don't need the Battle Engine.  I'm currently working on a Yoshi Engine where Bumptys bump you, Goombas shrink and still walk around when stomped on, Fly Guys drop their coin when attacked, making stuff pop out of "?" clouds, making Yoshi slip on ice, good Artificial Intellegence, and Chain-chomps that smash through the floor and leave a hole.

I still need good Yoshi sounds!

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Print