Print

Author Topic: SSBB: New stage is Delfino Plaza  (Read 14475 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: June 01, 2007, 05:39:58 AM »

The central town of Isle Delfino, Delfino Plaza, will be a battleground in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The stage will have you flying above the island at first, and then landing to provide a traditional setting. This pattern repeats around the island to allow gamers to soak in some beautiful scenery! Check out the official site for screenshots and information!

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!! (official site)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:19:04 AM by MEGAߥTE »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »
I knew some Mario Sunshine elements would get into the game, but I didn't expect for it to become a stage. Looks like it works eaxactly like the Mute City stage from Melee.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 02:08:46 PM »
So the stages are getting bigger and more detailed this time around. This actually resembles my idea where you have a big 3D area and can choose which part of the stage the 2D fighting goes on in, except that you can't choose and you're riding a moving platform most of the the time.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »
Where are the Piantas?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 04:27:26 PM »
I'd stay indoors if a group of people were duking it out with rocket lauchers and firewalls.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 04:52:45 PM »
Wonderful, just when we thought that the SMSu theme was finally slowing down...
I typed that before seeing it! It actually looks great! I like how accuracy is taken into account here, like how Peach Beach had the Grand Pianta statue in Double Dash, but so did Delfino Square in Mario Kart DS... But yeah if an enraged group of video game characters came to fly around my house and beat each other up I'd hide inside, watch from the window... and get Mario's autograph after he wins... unless he loses.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »
I really hope the Piantas don't make an appearance. I never really liked those dudes.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 05:02:09 PM »
Who does?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 05:02:54 PM »
(10:17:48) DeeZZZer: I just hope the Piantas don't show up
(10:19:10) MegaByte-away: or
(10:19:17) MegaByte-away: they replace the sand bag with them
(10:19:35) DeeZZZer: YES

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 05:09:36 PM »
I just had kind of a neat idea for the stage.. what if the Chucksters (Piantas that threw you) came onto the stage sometimes and, well, chucked ya! Wouldn't that be neat?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 05:26:34 PM »
Yes, yes! And maybe, with enough hits, you can send them flying out of the stage yourself! Like some pokemon like Chansey!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 06:42:13 PM »
I wonder if Petey Piranha will appear?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 06:44:09 PM »
Hopefully not. Though it is extremely likely he will, since they are using Delfino plaza. I wonder if Shadow Mario/Bowwer Jr will too?

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
Huh, does anyone else notice a theme of stages taking place on a floating platform that watches the sencery from afar? The Halbred stage is doing that, too.

Well, at least it'll occasionally land on certain parts of the plaza for you to brawl in.

They've made a pretty acurate map of Delfino Plaza, right down to the smallest milimeter. Good job on their part.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 08:13:53 PM »
Well, isn't it possible to copy the plaza from SMSu, refine the 3-D objects and improve the textures? Sounds fastest...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print